Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is It Wrong for a Latina Women To Have A Preferance For Only White Me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Is It Wrong for a Latina Women To Have A Preferance For Only White Men?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
bottom line... You answered you own question in the last sentence.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 5
Is It Wrong for a Latina Women To Have A Preferance For Only White Men?
Posted: 4/15/2007 6:17:36 PM
I've seen profiles of white women seeking black men only. I've known a guy as white as me who was only interested in Asian women. I know a guy who got married because he had a thing for tall chicks. Relax. We like what we like.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:09:43 AM
Yeah.....

You be surpise as far as music and cars m that you might have in common with other ethnicity.
Not every black person like old school chevy and rims and rap music...lol
I listen to everything and don't like chevy. Your judging everyone the same thats not right..

I think latin People are confused, sorry to say but when in america if you not white your black. its just that narrow minded here and your a minority...lol
my homegirl she PR and has the same preference. We talked about it and she couldn't give me a reason.
 Ron9
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/16/2007 9:03:18 PM
I like them all. A nice looking female is a nice looking female.
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2007 10:16:05 PM
You go where your heart pulls you. I can't help but but stare at girls who take care of themselves. The more athletic, the more I like them; and if they have an Australian accent, I just can't stop smiling.

Race doesn't matter so much for me, and in fact, I think that genetic mixing will be good for humanity over the long run. Some of the healthiest and most beautiful people you will meet are of mixed race. There are lots of genetic diseases that do not develop among milatos.
 ydenyme
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 9:59:30 PM
NOPE! It's not wrong. You know what you like.It would be wrong if you dated someone because that's what someone else wants you to do.If you like white guys then get you a white guy.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:54:56 PM
Not if I'm the man. Seriously, there is everything right with being with a guy because you and he have common interests and values. Just understand that there is likely to be some cultural differences because he and you come from different backgrounds. As long as you are understanding about that, then you and he can get on.

Perhaps you are just not as interested in your latin culture as other women from your area. But don't be surprised if you meet a latin man who is also interested in the same things as you at your cousin's wedding, and who feels similarly about white women.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:57:27 PM

I'm sorry. I just realized this is Ask a Guy's Forum...
Kim, Ask a Guy means that only women can start a thread. But anyone can respond to the question, and to me, your input is always welcome.
 smith2267
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/1/2007 5:05:40 PM
You like who you like and there's nothing wrong with that.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:21:01 PM
Well, Hispanics are part European, and, in some cases, are fully European, and if someone has a preference for white man what does it matter. It is your choice, you are the one who needs to feel comfortable. So many people like to push what they think is right. Who cares if it is your choice, and they don't like it. Why should they care? More important, you shouldn't care. Accept your choice and feel liberated.
 shomesomethin
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/5/2007 10:33:40 PM
Senorita! Turn me onto some latino females in the Mo. Ks. area, I just adore ladies
with darker skin tones!
Shomesomethin
 EdwardPartSix
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/13/2007 11:57:27 AM
It's not that it's wrong, it's that hurts people's feelings. If you put in your profile, "I only date men 6'0'' or taller," short men will feel inadequate. If you put in "I only date white men," non-white men will be pissed. If you put, I only like thin men," fat men will feel bad.

So, exclude everyone you want. It's not necessarily "wrong." It is wrong to think that people you exclude should feel great about it.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2007 12:51:13 PM
It's fine for me. I'd happily date a latina. They are sooo sexy, and passionate.

But it might put a chink in a a**** latino's armour.

Also, it might scare some controlling latina wome. Some women want to feel that they can dictate who their friends will and will not date, so as to keep the "sisterhood" together. Anyone who is willing to be open-minded can be seen as an enormous threat to them.

But, do you really want to belong to a society of controlling and possessive people? I'm not into control freaks. Why should you?

I'm not saying that all latinos and latinas are control freaks. See Ugly Betty for examples of non control freaks. But some are, and they're not worth your time and energy. FYI, those same control freaks are also the same ones who don't want they people in their community to branch out and get an education and a good job.
 trancer32
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/28/2007 3:06:31 PM
Does anyone think it is wrong for me to have a preferance for white men even though I'm latina?

I whole heartedly support any women who prefer white men, especially if they prefer white, chubby, geeky, men.

Why "Keep it Real" when you can "Make it a Fairytale" ?
 jf468
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:40:28 AM
Date whoever you want. It shouldn't matter what other people think. I know whte men who usually date Asian women. I know white women who usually date black men. Some people are generally attracted to a certain race.
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/29/2007 12:43:46 AM

Does anyone think it is wrong for me to have a preferance for white men even though I'm latina?

No. As long as you treat others as human beings, that's fine. Everyone as preferences whether they admit it or not. It doesn't make them racist by default.
 northeast25
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/2/2008 9:35:46 AM
A racial requirement isn't necessary racist or a bad thing. Some people are generally attracted to a certain race. However people can be limiting themselves by having a racial requirement. Sometimes you can be attracted to someone who is different than your usual type. For example, I am usually not attracted to Asian women. But I have seen a few Asian women that I think are attractive. BTW there is a difference between a preference and a requirement. A preference would be "I am usually attracted to group X, but I would consider dating people from other groups". A requirement is "I ONLY date people from group X".
 THE full monty
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:40:38 PM
no,im part mexican and what ever type of men you decide to date should be on you.well, your either brought up with the attitude" viva la raza" or your not.......p.s. i hope you like stockcar and macaroni..........just joking go out and have fun
 PocoLoco44
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/6/2008 7:54:29 AM
Hola Buenas Dias La Princess,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that....Nada
I was raised with the Raza in East L.A. and my preferrence is Latina's, I too get flack from some I know, because of this, aye dos mio! pero it doesn't matter to me, because I like what I like, I'm mixed, but my first choice or preferrence is a Latina, so I understand! We like what we like, I'm on a Latin site and just wrote a post not long ago called "Why a Latina" because so many can't seem to understand why we are attracted to who we are attracted to, mainly I have dated Boricua's (Puerto Ricans) and Chicana's (Mexicans) I love their traditions and their ways and find Latina's to be the most beautiful women on the planet.. It's no slam no any other culture it's just my personal choice and what I choose, I dated many others, pero, mi corazon keeps going back to a Latina. I know many Latina's over there that have also realized they prefer a Gringo/ Blanco Chulo lol.. a white boy! So I personally find nothing wrong with your preferrence, those that do have issues....LMAO I know some Latino's who feel a Latina is a sell out, if she prefers a Blanco Chulo, it's just a preferrence Hermana!

I'm sure you will find many Blanco Chulo's who will find you to be their preferrence, especially if they step outside the box, Many Gringo's would love to date a Latina, but sometimes are uncertain how to approach or think they have to be a bi lingo gringo, to stand a chance...

Good Luck to You in your search
Pocoloco
 gtomustang
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/16/2008 5:20:39 AM
Hey, uptighty whities need love too!

Esp. from a pinup grrrrllll...I've got the Go-Go's "Throw Me A Curve" going thru my head now....
 sjenner
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/16/2008 7:38:10 AM
Not at all! I love you Latina ladies as a white guy the latinas are my favorites!

So its all good! I don't worry about the white girls who only want to date black guys. Whatever.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:03:12 AM
I can't say whether or not it's wrong, because I've never even heard of such a thing. I've never heard of any kind of women haveing a preference for white men. In fact I've mainly heard of the exact opposite; they will not date white men. This is not only true of non-white women, but of white women as well. Many will openly declare that they despise white men, and will be praised for it.
 gingernuts
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:19:39 PM
Well i have two views i do not think it is wrong dating anyone as your choice wether to date someone of your own nationailty or completly different.

Long as your happy and you wish, suppose we all attracted to different thing in people Buth then again sometimes i think depending on Beliefs maybe bets date in the race, not always but sometimes

For a example if a Practing Muslim with string beliefs dated a Australian women with normal beliefs they may find it hard even if in love to due with a persons beliefs and up bringing, and i aint just talking religion but cutomons and lifestyle.

But suppose people do and ont think comes down to the indivuals.

I got to say this Aussie think Latin women r beautiful and mysterious and Exoctic.
 mds07009
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:39:26 PM
Absolutely not. I have a preference to Spanish woman. I love the food and think Spanish woman have more sex appeal than American woman. For some reason I keep finding Dominican woman.

You like what you like and there is nothing wrong with that.
 Frankycadillac
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:23:25 PM
is it wrong for Latina women to have a preference for only black and latino dudes?
is it wrong for White women to have a preference for only white guys?
is it wrong for anyone to have a preference? nope

it may be a little short-sighted and judgemental, and wrong or not people will still classify based on color and creed.

So I would say no its not wrong, it just is.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is It Wrong for a Latina Women To Have A Preferance For Only White Men?