Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Dating a bartender      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xchuck
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Dating a bartenderPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I don't see a problem with it or how it is any different then any other job that involves human conversation or contact. Which is almost every job.

Those people who are telling you they would'nt date a bartender probably just have insecurity issues, in that case who cares what they think? Don't listen to people who have preconceived or judgemental ideas about you and your job..they are not worth the effort. Here's one on the house
 nipoleon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/16/2007 3:47:03 AM
You have to remember that most bartenders are in the profession because they like to drink. Also, whatever else their customers are doing, they probably will be too.
There isn't a female bartender in the world who doesn't get propositioned all the time, and naturally, they're going to accept a few of them.
So, if you can handle the fact that they have people around them all the time who are trying to get them into bed, or some unsavory activity, then there's no problem.
 JWA
Msg: 12
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/16/2007 4:45:50 AM
Bartenders much like musicians are a different lot of person---they tend to be extremely flaky and a bit undependable as well as unreliable. Before any of you this applies to let me first state I've been a musician and still marginally involved with live music.

Bartending isn't a job everyone can do and it takes a certain personality----you don't find the typical factory or office working bartending usually. Then we add in the fact the opportunities for all sorts of "extra cirrucular activities" and you have what leads to the perception they tend to be not as trustworthy in some situations.

Like others here who've seen too much I've also witnessed this sort of thing---and not been immune to taking advantange of the offered "hospitality" after hours so it's not all hear-say for me here!!

Reading this OP's profile makes all this seem sooooooo much more clear!! Bar chicks are just bartenders on the other side of the cash register for the night!! LOL
 MDNinja
Msg: 19
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/16/2007 3:44:42 PM
OP, you know if you are trust worthy or not. Unless you plan on dating one of your friends, then it really doesn't matter what their opinion is. In fact if they haven't worked in the industry, then they don't have a very valid opinion any way.

I have no problem with it because as a fellow bouncer said to me, and college buddy said to me years before(two different people). Word for word they both said "you have to trust yourself that she is going home with you."

That is the kind of trust a guy has to show you weather you no matter what.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 25
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/16/2007 9:45:29 PM
I would just have better things to do than wait until 3am to see my girlfriend on weekends.
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/18/2007 10:57:05 AM
dating a bartender would be a relationship with a twist.
id give it a shot.
might tap into something special.
more than just the usual.
get drunk on love.
 ydenyme
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:11:31 PM
I bartended for two summers and I would NEVER!!!NEVER!!!date someone who bartended.Boooooy oh BOOOOOY the times I had and all the wild s#$t I did.
 ydenyme
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Dating a bartender
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:12:07 PM
I bartended for two summers and I would NEVER!!!NEVER!!!date someone who bartended.Boooooy oh BOOOOOY the times I had and all the wild s#$t I did.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Dating a bartender