Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Hiking      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pepper Brooks
Msg: 2
HikingPage 1 of 1    
Incidently twoshadows, the RCMP would like to question you about the disappearance of two hikers that went missing near an old logging route, in the Bisset region.
 Caspian
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Hiking
Posted: 4/23/2007 8:14:15 AM
Whiteshell - mantario hiking trail. It's a great trail, but not something that you should think of doing unless you have done a fair bit of hiking - or are nuts and stubborn. Look up friends of the mantario trail for more info. It's about a 60 km trail, higher difficulty for those from manitoba, low for those from anywhere with mountains.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Hiking
Posted: 4/23/2007 4:58:48 PM
I was looking at a book today of walking trails in Manitoba - its just been published. Really nice short descriptions of trails throughout Manitoba, with photos and basic information.

Try googling prairiepathfinders.

Of course you might be looking for more than just a walk in the park.
 beretta78
Msg: 8
Hiking
Posted: 4/24/2007 3:32:15 PM
The Cabin Lake trail does have a beaver dam to cross and normally it is very wet this time of year. But it has been dry so you might be alright. It is a really nice trail, at the end there is an unoffical trail that crosses the swamp and continues on the other side of Cabin lake.

If you stop by the Rennie Office they will have maps available of all the hiking trails.
 mrrabbit13
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Hiking
Posted: 7/3/2008 7:19:30 PM
^^ I got this from this site: http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/yt/kluane/activ/activ11_e.asp which states that "If you are traveling with your dog, National Park regulations require that it be kept on a leash at all times."

I have been hiking at Spruce Wood park many times and it won't even allow dogs.

If I were hiking with young children, definitely won't want to bump into some uncontrollable animals...
 ronsonmulti
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Hiking
Posted: 7/4/2008 8:06:26 AM
Don't forget Birds Hill Park for nice short 45 to 60 minute trails... and wooow lots of great information here... i know where i will be hiking soon... EVERYWHERE I CAN!!! lol...
 susan_cd
Msg: 14
Hiking
Posted: 7/4/2008 2:23:15 PM
Hiking & camping is great, I haven't been for a few years tho :(. And I mean camping, hiking out to a place with what you need on your back or canoeing there , not going to Birdshill Park or the Whiteshell and getting a serviced lot for your trailer.

Nothing wrong with that either, but it isn't camping, it's getting away from it all.
 Tin_Man
Msg: 15
Hiking
Posted: 7/5/2008 12:39:01 AM

Some folks at the "offleash" dog park get annoyed when a dog runs up to them...

And I have to ask... If they are at an "off leash park" should they not be expecting this? Particularely if they have dog too?

Silly me, I thought this would be normal behavior.

T_M
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Hiking