Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men get 'crazy in love'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ron9
Msg: 3
Do men get 'crazy in love'Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am not sure about me these days but ...... sure. I’ve never been one to be iffy about a gal. So ... when I do make a match - she is “all that” to me.

But ...... it has been 21 years since I got smitten over a gal (“hands on” in real life) so - I don’t know how I would be these days.

I can only assume I would be just as nutz about one these days as I was years ago.
 dino_freebird
Msg: 5
Do men get 'crazy in love'
Posted: 4/23/2007 2:00:56 PM
Yes, and EVERY time I have gotten burned! So I learn to guard my heart, and feelings, so they don't get stomped on again. I never let my (true) feelings for somebody show until they've been around for a while.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/24/2007 1:24:37 PM

What you have to BE is a jerk minus the abusive stuff.

Ugh.. why do men believe that tripe? Seriously.

NO ONE likes a jerk. Not women. Not men.

To answer the OP. Yes, but crazy in love isn't always good, which has been pointed out already. I'm going to assume you mean do they get excited thinking about a girl, etc. The answer's still yes though.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/24/2007 8:48:34 PM

Because it works.

I sincerely doubt that.

First the maditory busting: Would you just walk into the guys change room at the gym and start giving your opinion?

More than likely... and for the record, I don't feel "busted".. and I assume you meant busted as in chops busted?

4. You go out for dinner. Don't even ask her what she wants, just order FOR HER.

4. And I go ahead and tell the waiter to ignore that order and order my own food.

Again.

No one likes jerks. Period. If they do, then copius amounts of therapy need to be in their future.

Now scram (as he slaps her on the ass and leads her out the door;)

Get it?

No and there's nothing to "GET". If you're gonna condescend.. do it better.

No, it's fantastic!!

I guess feeling crazy in love is ok, but when you get into obsessive mode.. not too fantastic. Someone else mentioned that side of crazy.. literal and stuff. But leave out the literal and yeah.. can be.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2007 12:30:08 PM

You don't date women, do you? Men do.

Assumptions get you nowhere, but hey.

Just because people you know operate the way they do in relationships, it does not mean that's how things go for everyone. Unless you've contacted the whole planet about this.. you can only speak from your experience and those of who you know.. which is a tiny drop in the bucket of reality.

This stereotype had to come from somewhere.

Probably from the jerks & the folks who dated them. Still not a good reflection of a universal truth though.

Being a jerk may work on women (or even men) who are seriously lacking in spine, self-worth and other needed accoutrements to get by in life, but to blanketly state that being a jerk works is well... dumb and you sure don't seem dumb, so again.. why do guys buy into that lie? Oh and... does anyone really want to be involved with the type of person it DOES work on? I'm thinkin not so much.

As for you book suggestion... gay people still have to deal with the same crap that you and I do in the dating world.. of course she hated it. Most of us do, but we bite the bullet and plunge in anyway because we wanna share good time with someone more than we want to avoid the dating game crap.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/25/2007 8:03:47 PM

Your profile says you're looking for men... are you bi or gay and just not listing it?

There's no way to list it. But bi to answer your Q.

Like I said... because it works. Because we see complete ***holes with models hanging off of their arms and a harem on the side.

I'm sure, but these are the women y'all don't need to bother with. Women who don't prefer jerks exist.

Because we get cursed out for holding doors open by 'modern feminists'.

Those aren't modern feminists, those are morons.

I simply said that being a jerk gets enough people what they want that the stereotype perpetuates.

I see your point, but passing it along on a dating site of all places just sets up a whole storm of jaded daters.

Not perpetuating the stereotype.. if only just by saying it a lot.. may help it die.

Not quite. She makes sure to make the distinction between her experiences as a man dating women and dating as a lesbian. One of the things that she says is that as a woman, women are more open and welcoming to her because they have that common bond of being the same sex.

In her experience, maybe that was true. But a flake is a flake regardless of their orientation.

It's a good book, overall. Very insightful.

The last paragrah sounds like the book was a bit confusing. Heh.
 mitch97
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 8:05:36 PM
I think I was just crazy in love even if it was temporary infatuation. I'll say this: as soon as I started telling her how I felt things went south. It's F-ing hard to control your emotions when they're that intense, but I guess you have to if you're gonna "play the game." I couldn't do it, and I had to end it with the girl cause she got all cold on me. I know it wasn't going anywhere and I couldn't get my heart broken.

I feel shitty after doing it but that's life. Eventually she would've done it to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men get 'crazy in love'