Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why would a girl need to drink before sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mitch97
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why would a girl need to drink before sex?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm dating a girl who NEEDS to drink in order to warm up to me. I am NOT fat or ugly and we've been attracted to each other for a long time. She doesn't want a relationship due to some legitimate reasons, but she only seems to be warm when she's buzzed. Last time we were together, before sex she pounded 3 beers and then was able to cozy up next to me/make out, and then led me into her room where we practically broke the bed.

She's definitely insecure, and I compliment her lightly through jokes, but when I say things like "I think about you" and stuff she's like "why? It's just me..." I don't know what to make of it. After our last encounter she all of a sudden seems just a little more distant that usual. This is so weird...

Cheers!
 mitch97
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why would a girl need to drink before sex?
Posted: 4/23/2007 9:28:28 PM
Hahaha...a fan of another post! I can't classify her as a groupie really, cause I haven't played any shows yet, and I addressed the issue. I told her it raised a read flag, but that I assumed it was in jest. She said it was.

Look, I'm not going to kid anyone. I want a relationship but will take "dating" right now. Like any relationship there are good things and bad things about the other person. So far she's been really sweet (although she cooled off a little the last couple days). I know she's f--d up, but so am I. I don't know. I was fine without her, and now that I started dating her, I'm lonely. It doesn't make sense.
 PinkSalmon
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/23/2007 9:41:39 PM
Mitch, this may seem a little blunt but she's not that interested.

I believe that if it were because of some past problems she's had, then the drinking would have to come before the sex, not before the whole making out, snuggling closer aspect of it.

I'd suggest she find some help to deal with her past issues, then when that's all cleared up, if you're still single and she's still single, then you two can get together for some sober sex.
 mitch97
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2007 9:48:22 PM
Oh man, please don't say that she's not that into me

Hey she asked me to see Blades of Glory the other night which I though was sweet. She took some initiative for once. She even bought the tickets. We've had a few dinners in the past too. Am I justifying here?

Here's how it's been so far...

But isn't that how all dating is?
 Tarika
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/23/2007 11:08:36 PM
I think maybe she's insecure and not truely comfortable with sexuality as of yet. I wouldn't say that she's not into you....I had friends when I was younger who needed a few drinks before sex....I truely believe it was a confidence thing.
 prolibertate
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/24/2007 8:38:41 AM
OP, you're going out to place together and you're having sex...and you're not having a relationship? Sounds like you are to me. If you two are doing all that, I don't get why she 'legitimately' can't have a relationship with you. It doesn't sound like she's married. Maybe she's simply using you for sex? And needs the beers first to justify having sex and not within the context of a 'relationship'? Either way, it doesn't make sense to me...but as you say you're lonely, then perhaps this woman isn't the right one for you, or oyu need to have a discussion with her about it. Sit down and figure out what you want; and if you want it from her then let her know it; she either can or can't/will or won't be able to give you what you want...but better to find out for sure than to wornder and feel lonely. Best of luck to you.
 mitch97
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2007 12:06:07 PM

Could it be that you are so horrendous in bed that she feels like she has to pound a few before having sex with you?

Ok, I'm not gonna toot my own horn but I doubt that. Well, I hope that's not the case. I've been considered a great lover by a few girls so far, and why would she want it a second time if the first time was so bad? Ladies, what do you think? You think that's the case? I give it to her the way she wants it, for a long time, and with a lot of passion.
 mitch97
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2007 1:15:09 PM

No offense OP, but I have never let a guy know he was bad in bed... so I doubt a girl would say to you "Hey man, you suck" - it's just not something we do.

Yeah, you're right. I've never been told I was bad, but I was told by a few that I was good Anyway, it's a moot point, and hopefully that's not the issue. It's funny, cause I started to wonder "maybe she didn't enjoy it..." and then that dude posted that.
 mitch97
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2007 1:18:47 PM

Drinking has nothing to do with you. Did you ever think she might not want a relationship but does like you, maybe she does but has been burnt and scared. Have a drink loosen up, have sex not makin love....know what I mean. Sounds like you are in to her more than she is with you. Could be way wrong but thats what I saw when I read the forum. Hey Hot sex is good. Now she has to back up and not get attached or let you get attached. Back to the boy toy thing.

Yeah, that seems about right.
 mitch97
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2007 2:01:53 PM
Dude, this is the "Ask A Girl" forum. While the women here are offering valid opinions you gotta chime in with your BS. This has nothing to do with my "equipment."
 TurtleWax
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/24/2007 2:49:43 PM
i love it when the ladies get drunk and then dirty. its so sexy. try and get her drunk enough that she pukes up when youre ramming her doggy style. mmmmmmm. so hot.
 mitch97
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 12:13:20 AM
K-lo, thanks for all your hard but realistic replies

You're right. This girl IS in "whatever happens happens" mode. That's practically what she said verbatim a couple weeks ago. Yes, it's driving me insane cause I'm looking for a nice girl to have a relationship with. It's obviously not happening here. So...I can do two things:

1. Don't cut it off, let her call me when she's buzzed and wants to get laid, and look for someone else or,

2. Cut her off.

I guess I'm the only one who can truly answer that but I'm open to suggestions. What is bothering me lately is not that she drinks to F, but that now she's really distant after we last had sex. And this time it was better than the first!! Usually she contacts me constantly about random crap and that has stopped abruptly so something's up. I don't know what to make of it except that I'm being used.
 rockondon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 2:57:02 AM

I'm dating a girl who NEEDS to drink in order to warm up to me.

I thought I recognized you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFc3OWZWyxM
 mitch97
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 11:04:02 AM
Guess what everybody!! I broke it off with her. That's it, done. She didn't even have any qualms about it either. Am I sad about it? Sure. That's life. Time to move on. To everyone who said "she's just not into you" was right. Thanks for all the replies.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why would a girl need to drink before sex?