Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > IMPORTANT READ FOR EVERYONE!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
IMPORTANT READ FOR EVERYONE!Page 1 of 1    
We had a very scary thing happen this weekend. We had a meet and greet type get together and had a lot of people show up. One of our members became ill and it ended up being because she had been given Rohypnol. She did get test so it was a for sure thing. Someone put it in one of her drinks. I know for a fact, I wasn't tested but I know, that this has happened to me twice. I know how much I can drink and I know how I act when I have drank to much. I didn't realize it the first time because it hadn't ever happened to me before but the second time I knew and tried to tell people that something was wrong. I ended up having to leave my car behind so they could take me home and take care of me. That is one of the biggest benefits to a site like this and these types of events. You make a lot of great friends and we end up looking out for each other. I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone of some simple things you can do to protect yourself. Men and Woman can be effected by these so called "Date Rape Drugs". Luckily, no Rape or misconduct happened here. Just amnesia of events and sickness.

The introduction of date rape drugs into mainstream culture has put a very powerful weapon in the hands of sexual predators. Rapes can be easily committed behind a foggy haze of intoxication often leaving the victim oblivious to the fact they have been assaulted. It is a frightening thought that begs the question: "What, if anything, can be done to stop a person from falling victim to a rape using a date rape drug?" There are some simple behavior modifications you can make to ensure that you do not fall prey to a rapist armed with a date rape drug. To protect yourself always follow these simple rules:

1. Don't accept open drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) from others who you do not know or do not trust; this includes drinks that come in a glass.

2. When in bars or clubs always get your drink directly from the bartender and do not take your eyes off the bartender or your order; don't use the waitress or let somebody go to the bar for you.

3. At parties, only accept drinks in close containers: bottles, cans or tetra packs.

4. Never leave your drink unattended or turn your back on your table.

5. Do not drink from open beverage sources like punch bowls, pitchers or tubs.

6. Keep your eyes and ears open; if there is talk of drugs or if friends seem "too intoxicated" for what they have ordered or drank, leave the party or club immediately and take them to the hospital immediately, they do not have much "aware" time left.

If these behavior modifications don't feel like enough protection, or if you don't think you can follow these rules on a given night, you do have another option. There is a brand new defense against date rape drugs that has recently been approved for use in North America; it is a simple and inexpensive test kit that can be used to detect the presence of date rape drugs in drinks. The so called "Drink Safe Technology" is actually a package of drink testing strips or coasters that work like those litmus paper strips you use in Chemistry class. The strips and coasters change color when they come in contact with a date rape drug. The strips fit in your purse or pocket and can be used quickly and discretely. To find out more about "Drink Safe" visit the website at http://www.drinksafetech.com.

Everyone needs to be careful and be aware of what is going on around them when they go out. And anytime we get together as a group, we need to try and look out for our fellow members. Even those who you may not be to fond of. This kind of thing can happen anytime any where and it doesn't have to be a bar or club.
 stilsearchn
Msg: 2
IMPORTANT READ FOR EVERYONE!
Posted: 5/15/2007 8:48:50 PM
thanks Mr Gummischuh for posting this...
I'll keep it in mind, the next time I go out.
 TheBossZZ4
Msg: 3
IMPORTANT READ FOR EVERYONE!
Posted: 5/16/2007 7:51:00 PM
I've heard of stuff like this, but didn't know it was main streaming now. Kinda sad to think about it that way, but I guess that shows you how much I'm outta the loop on this dating stuff, lol.

Hope all ended up alright in the end. Thanks for the heads up!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > IMPORTANT READ FOR EVERYONE!