Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Cut and Paste Message      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 charliemcsd
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Cut and Paste MessagePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have noticed that sometimes when you click on the "send" button, nothing seems to happen. So you click again, and end up queueing up another "send" operation. This results in the message being sent twice.

I've received messages that are duplicated, and have sent a few myself.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The Cut and Paste Message
Posted: 4/26/2007 1:06:41 PM
Its just lazy people, Not bothering to read your profile. And they are likely sending many messages, I only send messages to someone who's profile Interests me.
 rsx11s
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/26/2007 1:23:59 PM
You know you're in trouble when the message looks a bit odd and you google one of the sentances (in double quotes, which makes google find an exact match for that sentance) and get lots of hits. I've actually had this happen. These are the ones that in very short order usually ask for a credit card number so they can "talk to you better".

As-if.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/26/2007 1:40:48 PM
I like to get obvious cut and paste messages (I often get the same exact one from the same person a couple of days in a row too) and when I respond...they respond with WOW...thank you for replying! I get the impression that yes...they have sent this message enmass to as many as they can...and then just hope for the best with replies.
Makes me feel like im some sort of booby prize...which I probably am...but jaysus!
 Threecard
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/26/2007 1:48:02 PM
That's just crazy talk...it never happens....absolutely ridiculous that someone would do that ...especially on the net.....sheesh...
 Threecard
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/26/2007 1:48:31 PM
That's just crazy talk...it never happens....absolutely ridiculous that someone would do that ...especially on the net.....sheesh...
 ladyc4
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/26/2007 2:51:52 PM
Well a "mass mailing" of a cut&paste message sounds like desperation to me...
Cindy O
 icon
Msg: 15
My input
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:50:24 PM
Ok, I've posted alot on threads in regards to why people don't respond to messages. Some of the reasons put out there behind why a person might not respond is because the message seems like it is sent to a hundred other people and isn't original.

I thought I would share my experience as a cut and paste "victim," lol.

I get a message about five days ago, that looks like it was thought out and all, but doesn't say anything specific about my profile, which is not uncommon.
"how you doing beautiful? i hope your doing as fine as you look beautiful how was your day, your activities and what did you do today? i have to let u know,u the finest female i ever see online..you are incomparable, u look adorable and distinctive..get back at me beautiful "
I didn't respond right away because I was busy and I was going to get back to it. An hour later, I log back on and after a minute. I get a new message from the same guy and it was the exact same message, word for word, space for space. So, I messaged him back
"Hmmm, seeming as you sent me the exact same e-mail about an hour ago when I last checked my mail. I have to assume that you copy and paste and send this letter to every girl you find attractive. I know it's hard to be original on here. But, try and keep track of who you send your cut and pasted messages to."

His excuse was that because i didn't respond the first time he was just sending it again, so I asked him if I hadn't responded to the second message if he would just keep on sending them to me until I responded. I finished our conversation telling him that he wasn't always going to get responses to all his messages. So now today, five days since then, I log on and he sends me the same cut and paste message. Which made me laugh pretty hard.

What are everybody's thoughts on the cut and paste message?Have you caught someone using the cut and paste and what was your response? For the ones that use them have you had any luck?
 dpd22
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:57:00 PM
I don't think Cut and Paste Messages are always bad. Suppose 4 or 5 women have a similiar profile. I would write an email to one woman, then copy and paste the same email to the other women. Before I actually send the email to the other women, I would change a few phrases or sentences to the original email message. I would add something that only applies to the female that I'm emailing.
 IGadget
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:41:38 PM
I custom write every message I send, I just wish there was an easy way on the site to keep track of what I said in a given message. Nothing looks more toady than complementing or commenting on the same thing twice. If your just looking for face time then sure C-n-P. If you want something real then send something real. I'm probably old fashioned thinking that though.
 dpd22
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:14:32 AM

Yaya, I know I'm rude and ignorant. Just like when I message people and they READ-delete, I feel they are rude and ignorant. NOT. I'm intelligent enough and not that SENSITIVE to know that if they don't respond, they are not interested. It's that simple.

It would be nice to get a response, but I don't lose sleep over someone not responding to me.
 artlosophy
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/4/2012 7:25:39 PM
Cut and paste messages get me plenty of dates and plenty of lays. My last gf of 5 months caught me on one of my interesting cut and paste messages and we laughed about it over a couple beers on my first date.

This is numbers game. Women get 30+ messages on here a day from plenty of suitable guys. Guys might get that many messages in a year. If you read numerous profiles you will see these basic points "I am into adventure, going out, travel, am a nurse/teacher, like all kinds of animals and am over the going out thing" It is ridiculous how similar the female profiles are on here. Often they are only a few lines long. So why give them anything unique? Also, most women will not reply to me simply because my picture shows I am not their "type" So whatever I wrote will not be read anyway.

The copy and paste note is a technique that ups exposure on here. I consider it a quick advertisement about me directing them to my page. If I send out 100 of them I get 10 or 15 replies back in one day! I have no trouble getting dates. What I had to learn to do was talk to them a bit before making the date so I would not waste time with the wrong ones. In my copy and paste notes I use "cliff hanger" phrases that grab women. Sadly guys once you do become successful with women your respect for them goes way way down. I think of women like trout or bass. As dumb as fish but totally allusive if you do not know how to bait them.

Women are real suckers for competition. Like little kids if they see someone else likes you then they will like you. So I always imply in my copy and paste message that I am going out with the wrong ones but she seems more my style. Favorite cliff hanger which wets their appetite for money and stability is "I am doing a big DIY project in my house and am so excited about it!" Points out that A) I am a home owner, B) making upgrades to my house C) am handy and D)makes them ask "what are you doing to your house?"

Yes even the PhD women are dumb as dirt I am afraid when it comes to this stupid dating game. I wish I would have met Ms. Right before I knew how this crap really works. Now I just look at women like stupid little puppets to bang. Or fish to fry. So sad. Ah well, I can't complain about finally having an abundance of sex in my life. Love aside new VaJJ never gets old! Literally!
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/4/2012 7:31:30 PM
^^^ So...you just gave away the "secret" of your oh-so-smooth technique (retch) and insulted all of the women on, and off, PoF.

Yep, YOU'RE a real Einstein, aren't ya?
 blueeyes2410
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/4/2012 10:23:56 PM
I hate copy and paste messages with a passion lol. And one worded "hi"s. Seriously, put some effort in! I always do with my first messages. I always read profiles and put thought into what I write. It's not that hard. You dont need to send out 100 messages, thats being desperate. Quality over quantity! Or maybe its different for me because I'm looking for long term relationship, not casual dating. I want your message to show you read my profile and actually care what I have to say. I want you to find me interesting or we have things in common that we can talk about. I don't want to feel like just a random girl you messaged who you might not even really like. If you're so interested in me then you should have something more to say. I will not respond to a copy and paste message or a hi or a youre cute. The messages I respond to are ones where guys actually read my profile and comment on it and ask me questions about it, which is rare.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/4/2012 10:33:41 PM
quite a few of the profiles on here look like they were just copy and paste, may as well send them a generic message too.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/4/2012 11:15:40 PM
Paraphrasing McLuhan.... the picture is the message. Given that is true in most cases, there is little incentive to compose a good initial message when, what will determine the outcome is the pictures.

IRL, a "Hi" with a smile and a look is all a person needs. Why should it be different here ?
 Debyduz_
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/5/2012 10:29:54 AM
I got one that was cut and pasted from the guy's profile. If I am in the mood for to vent frustrations I will call them on it. They deserve to get the crap.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Cut and Paste Message