Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Making Time for A Relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mars_to_venus
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Making Time for A RelationshipPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't think anyone has time to do anything with the gas prices so damn high.
 prolibertate
Msg: 11
Making Time for A Relationship
Posted: 4/27/2007 11:38:11 AM
dianoor, I have to agree with you 100%...and the fact that you realize this at such an early age is great...so many people don't, even a lot who are older than I am and should realize how to do it, don't know how to prioritze their time and fit in all they want in their life. Quality time is way more important than qwuantity, and while it' snice if one can have both quality and quantity, if I have to settle for only one until their life is a little less crowded, then I'll take quality time every time.
 Cynderella
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 12:40:09 PM
A moment together would mean the world to me at this point!
 mitch97
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 3:50:29 PM
God this is exactly what I was just going through and I had to end it. Her excuse was always "busy busy busy" but with hardly any attempts to actually schedule something. Her motto was "let's take it day by day and see what happens." I've learned now that that means they are going to string you along for as long as you let them so they have someone there. Don't let them do it.
 semper_vera
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 7:02:33 PM
It doesn't matter how busy a guy is (or girl) - if they are interested, they will make time for you. Just because they are busy doesn't mean that they don't want to meet somebody who is worth the effort to fit into their schedule.

Yes, a long term relationship means "contact more than once a month or week". Once a month is just ridiculous not matter what you're talking about, but once a week - that depends on what you mean by "contact". Actually seeing the person? Or any type of contact?

When people ARE busy, they might only see each other once a week - but if they are interested, they'll be in contact much more than that! E-mails only take a moment. A phone call can be managed while driving home (hands-free, of course) or while making dinner. Maybe they don't have time to go out for dinner during the week, but manage to meet for a quick coffee just to see each other.

If somebody isn't making that effort, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're interested in a long-term relationship - just that they're not interested in a long-term relationship with YOU.

sv
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Making Time for A Relationship