Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

At the bottom of every message you receive from a man you now have the option of adding them to a "Do not date list", this list is shared with all women on your favorites list.

What this does is every time a WOMEN on your favorites list receives a message from this man she will see that YOU think she shouldn't date him.

Every women on the site could write something bad about the man you are messaging, but unless these women are on your favorites list you will never see what they have to say.

Hmm what do you think people? I'm not sure that's strictly fair and think it's pretty negative in fact.. There aren't any people I chat to that I would put on a do not date list, anyway my favourite list ladies have different tastes to me and what I don't find fanciable they may find irresistible ...

Answers on a postcard please ...
 Ouma
Msg: 2
view profile
History
DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..
Posted: 4/27/2007 11:59:18 PM
Pantsonfire - I agree that it's a very negative move. As you say, most women favorites' will have completely different tastes and what suits one will not suit another. To be honest there'd have to be something very wrong with a man before I would ever think of warning other women off. If a man was considered a potential danger or serious problem then the matter should be reported in a more formal way. I might then consider warning friends directly with an explanation of why they should avoid a particular person. It'll be interesting to see others views on this new feature. I'll not be using it..!

Trishy
 carrieusuer
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 5:13:03 PM
The reason that this site should have a list of men not to date should be strictly a "Watch List" and not go out to favorites but be a posting. I have encountered a gentleman that poses as an extremely charming healthcare professional. After I went out with him, I researched his stories on the Internet and found out that he was a convicted felon and stole drugs from several hospitals, spent time in jail, stole money from women that he has dated. Another man I met on this site turned out to be a hot tempered stalker that scared the crap out of me and wouldn't leave me alone.

I think if we had a place we could list EVIL PEOPLE both men and women people have met through this site we would all be protecting each other. There are many predators out there and this is a free-for-all for them. I think that woman and men that have gripes about their dates not treating them well or standing them up should keep that nonsense to themselves but we should share someone that can be a real threat.
 maggi1969
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:01:19 PM
I like this idea. I know women who have been used by a regular on here. He uses them for sex, money or free accommodation. But I think they should have this for men too. And in the end it would be up to all of us to decide to date or not regardless of warnings
 scareymush
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:21:26 PM

At the bottom of every message you receive from a man you now have the option of adding them to a "Do not date list", this list is shared with all women on your favorites list.

What this does is every time a WOMEN on your favorites list receives a message from this man she will see that YOU think she shouldn't date him.

Every women on the site could write something bad about the man you are messaging, but unless these women are on your favorites list you will never see what they have to say.

I think the then owner of the site rolled this idea out because lots women were complaining about the men they'd met who weren't safe for women to be around like sex pests, sexual predators, rapists and physically violent men.

It certainly was a good idea in the sense knowledge is power but everybody realised it could be easily exploited by vengeful women who'd been merely spurned...
 scareymush
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:52:46 PM
That poster lives in British Colombia.

If it were one of the five regular posters here who do you think it might be?

I'd say NPW.
 maggi1969
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/20/2017 6:23:42 PM
The ladies in the Vancouver, Lower Mainland, Richmond and surrounding. Private message me. I just got his user name
 10ky
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/21/2017 7:11:02 AM
Women colluding and reinforcing each other's fantasies is all we were missing on here. Is there/was there any such feature for men or.. ?
 scareymush
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/21/2017 4:00:07 PM
Women being responsible and ensuring other women's safety is the way of the world now.

No doubt the fellas could help each other the same way....but more than likely they'd be more inclined to share which women are 'easy' instead.

Men are far worse for gossiping than women and what's even worse than their 'locker room talk' is the fact that their bragging is mostly filthy lies and designed to ruin the reputation of decent women.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/23/2017 1:16:10 AM

but more than likely they'd be more inclined to share which women are 'easy' instead

As long as I make it on to one list.......:)
 look4welshFriends
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2017 4:59:04 AM
i dunno, in general i'm against it, but then what about the men who make you rape threats? It's not a problem that men who don't are going to be aware exists
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..