Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How can I look better?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 11
How can I look better?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
- don't think of it as a diet, think of it as your new lifestyle

- chicks (many of them) love bald men, but they'll never find you with your present settings (update your settings, bite the bullet and put down "bald" for hair)

- there's nothing more attractive than self-confidence, don't over-worry about the frills

I'm doing all I can but so far my hair vanishes as I get older and all I can do is shave it off. On the plus side I'm trying to get the right color style than just black. Soon i'm gonna be on a diet over salads for one year so if anything to improve myself to make a good impression, how can I look better and get that charm?
 ydenyme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
How can I look better?
Posted: 4/28/2007 9:55:46 PM
You gotta be you dude.It always helps to get a woman's point of view,but you gotta be comfy with yourself,and gain some confidence somehow.And there's nothing wrong with the salad diet,I'm a vegetarian myself and it ain't gonna help you look better,or maybe it will.This woman just told me I look too good for her.Crazy huh.
 Imagine1947
Msg: 15
How can I look better?
Posted: 4/28/2007 11:07:03 PM
I agree with some of the comments by other posters.....

Since I am not a fan of facial hair, I think that you would be lots more attractive without any...some women would agree with me, some not. Since it grows back, shave it off and see what you and others think of your clean shaven look.

If you have a definite hair loss issue, I think it's best to shave it all off as you are now doing. But if it's just a receding hairline, keep what you have as long as you can...it may be a really long time before you lose enough to declare yourself bald. But bald is not a bad thing, if a man wears it proudly.

Look into alternatives to glasses. Lasik can be expensive, but everyone that I've talked with who's had it is delighted with the results. As someone who's worn glasses since 5th grade, I think it's worth borrowing the $ to have it done if need be.

Grooming is crucial...good and consistent hygiene, good posture, confident smile, firm handshake, good eye contact are all important to your overall look.

Eat a balanced menu of food. Do some weight training...I bought a bench and weights and work out at home while I watch tv.

Take care of your teeth and skin. Sunscreen, floss, etc.

It's hard to find the balance between "this is how I am, take it or leave it" and the other extreme of being overly critical of yourself to the point of losing your self esteem and self confidence. Good luck and let us know how things go.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 21
How can I look better?
Posted: 4/30/2007 6:53:10 PM
Have you tried no goatee at all? or maybe one of those thin chinstrap kinda beards....
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 25
How can I look better?
Posted: 4/30/2007 8:15:08 PM
I sort of did. I seen you have something like that in the pic with the red shirt where you are holding a book or something. What if you did that chinstrap into the goatee moustache thing, but right abover your chin, kinda clean that area up a bit so its all a pretty thin line.

I'm the last one to give facial hair advice I can't grow a thing, and it sucks. :(
 angelik_pistol
Msg: 30
How can I look better?
Posted: 5/1/2007 2:40:28 AM
ok im lazy and didnt wanna read all these posts so if someone already said this, im sorry. have u tried colored contacts instead of glasses? maybe aqua? might look really penetrating and cool. and shave off the moustache, the goatee might look ok by it self if u clean it up real nice. like make it a more interesting shape, im not talkin bout goin all crazy or anything, but i just mean more than a triangle. anyways im sure everyone else has lots of stuff for ya if they didnt already say this already.
 Imagine1947
Msg: 38
How can I look better?
Posted: 5/1/2007 8:27:09 PM
Little Ric...
I disagree -- even with your facial hair (that I don't like on any guy), I think that the best photo of you is the one where you're smiling. Don't ever hesitate to smile, or laugh...it's a huge factor in looking your most attractive. Trust us, you won't look like the grinch. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How can I look better?