Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Do Not Dating List      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dalek1967
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Do Not Dating ListPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The bad thing is, while all this is going on someone will have to pay a lawyer to tell the Judge all that. That costs money. Since this site is free, that may not be a good thing.

I still think this is a bad idea. Everybody will have a different opinion of every one else. I know this from experience and from reading the forums here. Some people expect a lot, some don't. Some take offense to some things and others will find it attractive. What's the point in all that?

I just don't think it is a good idea.

lindy_3333
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 4/28/2007 7:36:51 PM
Well, unless you are one friggin fool of a man, (insert any other word that comes to mind here) how is this really truly going to affect very many men negatively? You only see this, IF you are on other woman's favorites. I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't have a single female on my favorite list!

I don't find most men on here to be loosers or liars etc. But then MOST who contact me I have not met. But still, you should be able to see red flags, etc. on your own. Why do people come on here whinning and complaining about all the jerks they meet? Seems to me if that is your streak of events, I would be wondering what was wrong with YOU, that you keep chosing all the loosers! LOL.. Change your process on what you look for and how you judge what will work out for you. Why do people seek so much validation on here for their own thinking? Can't anyone think for themselves anymore??

Also, why do people on here think that they should be able to succeed in finding Mr. or Ms. Right quickly? Some come on and leave in one or two months if they dont have someone great from here in their lives. I find that thinking so lame. NOT everyone is for everyone, or we would be with someone and this site and others wouldn't be here. It's NOT easy. I wouldn't expect it to be. It's not easy in real life and on here I would think it would be more difficult since you can't tell until you meet if that person would work. I have been on here for a year. I met one person from this site. I met another one who is on this site also, but this isn't where we initally contacted each other. I dated him for 4 months. The other one I met once. We didnt hit it off with sparks but thought we each were okay but didnt continue on. He lucked out though and found someone here and seems to be building a nice relationship. But I think that is rare and not the case for most of us.

IF by chance some woman wants to add me to a list to start dissing some man, I am going to question why. IF that guy she is commenting about in a negative way does contacts me, by some fat chance, I think I can make up MY OWN mind on who to date. Of course, I will have my guard up a bit more. But, I am a big girl and know how to screen men and how to date men online for myself.

Most this stuff, it seems, should be common sense. But I am begining to wonder how much common sense most people have, after being on the forums and seeing what questions are asked and what answers are given!! Iread stuff here and shake my head a lot wondering where peoples brains are at anymore...

Well, enough babbling, lol.....

Happy fishing everyone!

Linda
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 4/28/2007 7:58:37 PM
It opens a box of crapola. Yeah, theres going to be some chumps who get found out and weeded out, but theres also going to be some good people potentially slandered and falsely labeled by it.

Its wrong to make comments behind peoples back without that person having the opportunity of defending themselves. Its weak and and its childish.

It's not a good idea, but i'm not going to worry about things I can't control.

EDIT: Apparently, this idea and option has been nixed
 isabella1617
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 4/28/2007 7:58:43 PM
Good God man, where are you finding these women you date, the looney bin? Jerry Springer doesn't even have these good of ratings!!! Trust me, not all of us are insane....actually, lol, based on the experiences you listed, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't trust me, but happy hunting!!! Isabella
 Karrpilot
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 4/28/2007 8:22:53 PM
I thought i already was on the do not date list. Along with the do not call list. Can somebody tell me how i can go about getting off the list?
 whisper67520
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:26:12 PM
It just might teach us all to be better behaved and have more respect for others feelings.....wouldn't it be nice if we all learned to be kinder and softer?

I think its a great idea....I'm sure it would have helped me in a couple of situations. The real gamers just get better at avoiding the red flags and have smoother lines, so its a bit harder to find them out, before you find yourself in danger.

On the Internet, I find lots operate as if there are no consequences to their actions and feel people should be held accountable for bad behavior. As far as folks being unfairly labeled in bad lights, I would think we are all mature enough to want feed back from more than one person...before we would label a person a leper. Also if one person is constantly pointing the finger at others, we would consider the source.

If the list protects one person from serious harm....its worth having. Sides, can we watch all the rats scurry off the ship....before their tails get caught in the rat trap? Its bound to make this a much safer site for all.

I find it funny.....its mostly the men concerned with being black listed....hummmm chuckle...
 JustKelly70
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:42:39 PM
I think some of these new features just cause more whine threads, and controversy, I think things were fine with out them. I do agree that some of the guys should be reported in some way, More for the rest of us..lol, Seriously, I have heard many compliants about some of the people here, It leaves a bad impression of the site and the decent guys here.
 whisper67520
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:08:43 PM
drg I do think everyone would consider the source of the post and the validity of the poster..... some of you guys have no idea how dangerous it can be for the ladies on Internet dating sites.

I have humor concerning the "hounds" that would lose their hunting grounds. Sorry, but some experiences are so horrible...you have to have a sense of humor...or lock yourself in your home for protection and stay off the Internet.

I do believe it would lead to accountability for ones actions, men and women.
 txtobyfan
Msg: 49
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/5/2007 6:37:03 AM
actually, this isnt in reference to particular members response,but I have a couple of things to say about this. First, it CAN be perceived as slander or defamation of character,evethings that were being said if posted on here. I have seen court shows on tv that allowed things less than this as slander. And, I dont think it is morally right. What we think is undatable, might not be to another. And,who is to say what they post is right? I believe in freedom of speech as long as it doesnt hurt someone intentionally or not. I think the guy that owns this site needs to think twice,and see how he would feel if someone out him on the do not date list, and finally...are we still in high school? This is kid behavior...I thought adults were passed that.
 Miss W
Msg: 76
WHERE IS THE DO NOT DATING LIST
Posted: 5/31/2007 11:41:23 AM
I think that the administrators 86'ed it after a lot of protests.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 81
Do Not Dating List - >>> HUH? <<<
Posted: 5/31/2007 4:54:43 PM
Enlighten me, someone, please. What is this "Do not dating(sic) list" which has ruffled feathers?
I've looked at the main screen. I've looked in the forums. I don't see any "feature" such as a do not date list.

As someone who HAS been slandered here, smeared, by my EX-wife to the point that the police paid her a visit, I would be concerned about any feature that might encourage someone like her to libel / slander me. It also contradicts one of the site's own rules:

"# Libel/Slander Thread/Post
A Thread or Message Post that contains aforethought, injurious and malicious Defamation of Character, which seeks essentially the exposure of hatred, contempt, ridicule, usually by means of spreading and/or publishing false, incinuated (sic) or twisted Information about another POF Member.
No Misquotations or Misrepresentations of other Posters."

or even

"# Bashing, Insulting, Slamming other Posters
Report Posters who post messages that insult, bash and slam other POF Members.
Same goes for threads or messages warning others of previous dates or meetings you have had in order to embarrass, slam or humiliate them.
You can slam & bash the Topic or Subject under Discussion all you like, but you cannot insult, bash and slam other Posters.
No public posting of any Personal Contact Information or private E-mail Messages."

Is someone suggesting that POF is actually inciting violations of their own rules, or is someone here making an assumption about something?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks
 floridaman4u
Msg: 84
view profile
History
THERE IS NO DO NOT DATE LIST!
Posted: 5/31/2007 5:43:19 PM
it may not be a feature on pof ..but it does exist ...dontdatehimgirl.com ..i for one think its a good idea ..but guys lets help out the men go to that site regester (its free) and post dont date her ....do it or stop talking smack ..just some friendly advice spread the word so we all know whats up !!!
 JustKelly70
Msg: 87
view profile
History
THERE IS NO DO NOT DATE LIST!
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:34:33 PM
Thanks JD, But a few posts down someones gonna ask where it is..
 happyprincess
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/31/2007 7:01:38 PM
I believe thtat that need to be approved by the "recepient" before they will be shown on the site an can also be dleted at will by the recepient...probably before a lawyer would be required.
 floridaman4u
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/31/2007 7:27:01 PM
[/Ahem.... TAP TAP TAP......Check CHECK....

IS THIS THING ON?

There is NO, I REPEAT NO..... DO NOT DATE LIST!

None, Nada, no more. It was shot down in infancy.

THERE IS NO DO NOT DATE LIST! It was gender biased and was ripe for abuse.

I'm here all week

JD] wrong ... its at don'tdatehim.com check it out
 badman01
Msg: 94
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:32:45 PM
I must be unclear of the meaning of the title of this .
DO NOT DATING LIST.
to me, this does not mean do not date.
Maybe , just maybe , it means something else?
I'm so confused.........is it monday?
 floridaman4u
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/1/2007 2:54:40 PM
its a male bashing site ..period just or not its gossip ....
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/1/2007 8:33:56 PM
You think you've got problems???

Go to: dontdatehimgirl.com

Pull it up & see if you're listed on there or if you
know of someone who is. The lady/owner of this
websites ex-husband SUED her over creating
this website & guess what??? HE LOST! The
judge ruled in her favor...it was all over the news &
she posted the fact that she won the case on her
website. You can check it out yourself...I happened
to catch it on the national news that morning, that's
how I found out about the website.
 betterlate
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List????
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:55:22 AM
What about all the scorned men? Why are you such a sexist? Why are you so hostile? Get over yourself, if you are being a jerk or have been one and are afraid of being put on the list, start behaving with honesty and dignity, if you dont want to, well the word is going to get around with or without the list. People do communicate but I would say you have just hung your self with all of your negativity. IT looks to me that the OP wrote and ran, has not been back... must have had a lot to hide. I still dont see the do not date.... list anywhere, was this just a question????

It is not just women that get upset when treated badly, it is a human reaction to pain, or rejection.
Oh well, it is over, he is gone and we dont have to worry about it anymore....
bl
 sheshe50
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/2/2007 9:44:11 AM
Apparently you have been outed by someone as being in the catagory that you feel falls under slander. No one is perfect and maybe you need to take a good look at yourself. Never know, you may see what someone else is seeing and understand why they may have said what they did. Just a suggestion.
 Lario
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/2/2007 3:14:08 PM

Stupid people and slinkies have one thing in common. neither one is good for much, but push them down a flight of stairs...just try not to giggle!!
I am leaving this site purely for this new feature which not only is descriminatory, but open this site to litigation and lawsuit.
Slander: . Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.
does not apply to this web site.

Glass houses... though written comments may not be slander, they may certainly be libelous either of which may give rise to a cause of action.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 113
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/4/2007 4:04:32 PM

Obviouly(sic) the person they are writing about did something to make them bitter.

Or not. There are emotionally unsound people who do not exist in the same state of reality as the majority. A jilted lover, for example, may want to bash his/her ex because they want their ex to "suffer." Every story has (at least) two sides, and by enabling this kind of feature / web site, it permits only one side to be told. People's reputations could be damaged by a vindictive person. If that person was angry / hateful / vindictive enough, they could solicit friends to add testimony, or even create multiple profiles for the purpose of bashing someone.

Also, Nobody can make me anything. I can choose to be bitter about something, or I can choose to let it go, like water over a dam. The best revenge is living well!
 Bee0000
Msg: 115
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/4/2007 4:49:43 PM
I think its a good idea.Maybe put in my opinion,maybe save a lawsuitMight keep some of these cheaters off of here.By the way,thats how I found this spot.A cheating man I was living with.His personal talking about a woman making him feel complete.Getting to the live in stage.Only problem was this blinded woman who thought he loved her...What a joke.
 shinobi1
Msg: 117
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:41:03 PM
This reminds me of a skit in 'The Flying High Movie' - very telling (see it if you can).

IF this list is open to misuse Gents, then misuse it! Choke it with lots and lots of girls that do not appeal or all the guys in your area (especially your real competition!)....guerilla tactics

WakeDan
Msg: 122
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/5/2007 1:42:58 AM
whatsaminger wrote

I tried to contact admin about this so they could let the man know he was being slandered

Wow, that was really nice of you to take steps and try to help someone out like that. Obviously the admin of the site doesn't care about fairness or accuracy.

Im just glad a woman stuck up for a man, as much as she could.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Do Not Dating List