Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Re: What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GothicOrchid
Msg: 6
Re: What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
sure velocity.....do tell......
 GothicOrchid
Msg: 8
Re: What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)
Posted: 8/16/2004 8:48:07 PM
very interestin!.......hmmmmm.....thank's....
 Ticketoride
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:45:06 PM
I don't really have a specific belief, as I trust in what I observe, what I have studied & know, and what actually works. I do not concern myself with beliefs, although faith appears to be an inate part of man as he continues to search in that direction, therefore faith can be observed to exist, but I cannot prove/disprove matters dealing with God or the Supreme Being either.

Therefore, each to his own.
 soba
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2004 10:29:15 AM
If you want some answers, well according to other peoples experiences, just try looking up near death experiences or NDE in gooooooooooogle. Not to say none of them are made up but I put my trust in that over any bible. Not that there may be some truths in each religions bible but I feel since it's been around so long it would be too easy for people to change it according to their beliefs or political beliefs. Unless someone posts a NDE story with a link to a book i'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they had that experience.

I've read i'm sure at least 100 different accounts on different sites and it has changed my outlook on life for the better and I'm not concerned about leaving this place when the time comes...easy to say that when i'm not dying atm though :)

Here are the most common elements I found.

- people or beings you communicate with after you die speak directly to your mind.
- you have a life review and relive all the emotions within yourself and how you've effected other peoples lives.
- your filled with the knowledge of the universe or you somehow uncap your knowledge after you leave your body.
- you have a spiritual family or group
- you pick your family before you come here
- words can't describe a good percentage of their experience.

It's worth having a look into at least, the people come from all kinds of backgrounds, even children. I have a few sites that are bookmarked

http://www.iands.org
http://www.nderf.org

I have some other ones but they're a bit biased because they're affiliated with certain religions the two above aren't. Not trying to offend anyones beliefs here if you believe your worm food when you die thats cool or if the stories don't fit your belief system don't kill the messenger I didn't write any of the stories or am I affiliated with the sites, just thought I would throw something out there that fit the topic.

Ticketoride
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/20/2004 10:35:11 AM
Welcome to the forum and enyoy, greenwolfeyez.
 freemind
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/25/2004 2:34:57 PM
velocity....

Oops, I misidentifed Jehovah and Yawah! Jehovah is God the Father, Yawah is Jesus the Son. That is rather important!!

Yawah? is that a typo or is that the same as Yahweh

there's some many versions of the relationships between God, Elohim, Jesus, Jehova, Yahweh, Ala, Mohammed... it really depends on your faith. I've never spoke to a Quaker though so is it the old testament you refer to as your bible? The Tanakh? If so, then Yahweh (or Yehowah) means God. But I'm not totally sure myself, I just never seen the spelling, Yawah.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 39
What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)
Posted: 10/25/2004 2:59:30 PM
I believe I am totally unique. I do not believe I shall have any other life with a corporeal body. THIS is my life--I move through the time stream from birth until death. My consciousness is my SOUL and immortal. My life force is my SPIRIT and immortal. My body is my flesh entropic and dying this temporal realm-- it gets punched, kicked, run over, crushed, and scared.
I believe hell is like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN-- WANT but never able to satisfy. I CHOOSE that my SOUL and SPIRIT NOT go there. I believe it is the opposite of LOVE, PEACE, JOY, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, KINDNESS, FAITHFULNESS, and SELF-CONTROL. Hence I do NOT desire it. Further, I seek a body that may slip through time and space and journey through other dimensions as Christ demonstrated in the Levant. That SUPERNATURAL FUN is for me. I want some of that ACTION ! Nothing like learning from someone with EXPERIENCE, in my opinion. I choose to learn from Christ and AVOID the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ! I do not have enough faith in the functional Japanese robots, Project Human Genome, and Cloning Technology to saddle up with this world system and I am not sure they can capture the essence of my soul on hard drive-- perhaps I will be only a recording of a song that was once living... A meaningful book on a dusty Library shelf yet dead for all of that worldly wisdom...
 freemind
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/25/2004 3:02:23 PM
The word "Hell" is argueable derived from Hades with is from Greek Mythology. Hell is in the New Testament but not in the Old Testament. Mormons believe in the Telestial Realm as they place to go if you're a sinner....bla bla bla.

I think these are just words. I don't believe in actual "lake of fire" or "heaven" they're all beautiful concepts though. some i find too ridiculous though.

Reincarnation is more plausible. Buddhists believe that we need to cycle through several lives before we're ready for Nirvana. These live doesn't have to be human though. And if you take the population of animals and insects combined it would be very difficult to account for every soul that exist.

There's lots of cases autistic children too that for some reason or another believe that they can recall a previous life. A young girl named Ariana from the time she could converse says she's a reincarnation for a Egyptian girl cursed by Cleopatra.

Who knows. Right?
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:30:56 PM
freemind, Hi ! How about SHEOL as a real place geographically inside planet earth and yet in a different dimension ?
I belive reincarnation is to some degree already possible. I can be cloned. I may also down load to Hard Drive and have this wired to my clone.
 freemind
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:47:28 PM

freemind, Hi ! How about SHEOL as a real place geographically inside planet earth and yet in a different dimension ?
I belive reincarnation is to some degree already possible. I can be cloned. I may also down load to Hard Drive and have this wired to my clone.

Sheol is about as plausible as Heaven and Hell to me.

Downloading your soul to a hard drive. Hmmmmm... that would be the greatest marvel of technology and philosophy.
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/25/2004 5:15:14 PM
freemind , Hi ! The Rock group GRATEFUL DEAD has been spearheading these efforts for years. VR suits and feed back etc. Baseball GREAT and F-86 fighter pilot Ted THE SPLINTER Williams even wound up frozen for the future like Walt Disney, but his head cracked like an ice cube even though they drilled EXPANSION holes in his skull. His brain cracked... The QUEST FOR IMMORTALITY !
The download is possible, there been a guy in NYC with eyeball circuit hard wired to his brain since the 60's. Last picture I saw was 16 black& white pixel resolution and Robby the Robot apparently screwed or super glued on to the back of his head. I know they can make semi-functional blow-up sex dolls, but what about my SOUL and SPIRIT ?
 canttouchthis
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/8/2004 12:39:17 AM
I like to think that I have a soul which will live on after I die. It is somewhat comforting, and makes life seem like it isn't useless. With that in mind, I think our souls go to a realm which is suitable to our being (personality, beliefs, consciousness, etc...).

That is all.
 look...
Msg: 53
What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)
Posted: 10/21/2005 8:49:29 PM
[qoute]In my opinion Hell would be the grave.
To just die and become part of the earth, body and soul, gone forever.

I feel a good soul never dies. It just keeps coming back to Earth to live a mortal life again and again.

Maybe our soul does enter the body of the newborn at the first breath. Maybe heaven is where the souls wait to be reborne. Maybe each lifetime we get to learn more of what it means to be a human.

The Universe is never ending. They cannot figure out what the black of the universe is but it has substance. Maybe God is the Universe, and when we are finished learning what being human is, we become part of God and the universe too.

Would anyone like to discuss their views on Heaven and Hell? [/qoute]

When one accepts their eternal position as a "servent of the divine," that is what I could best define heaven. Hell is when one feebly attempts to lord over God.
 candel
Msg: 54
Symbolism
Posted: 10/22/2005 2:01:03 AM
Scriptures use symbolic language. Hell and heaven are also narratives and symbols; each and every person on his/her level of comprehension attaches meanings to it. For me there are four levels of heaven and hell. Empirical, rational, esthetic and spiritual. These four levels involve imageries of various types conditioned in time, space and psychological conditioning
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Re: What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)