Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > To Watch or Not To Watch...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrettyGrnEyes37
Msg: 1
To Watch or Not To Watch... Page 1 of 1    
Okay, did a thread search and didn't see anything too recent about this topic so here goes...

Reality shows on television... Do you watch them??

Apart from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", I have never had any time for the reality shows that are out there.

There's a part of me that is really concerned with how we - as human beings - have become so engrossed in watching and discussing the overly-broadcasted lives of other people. It seems like we're a planet of watchers.

What happened to living our own lives? Perhaps if people spent less time in front of the tube watching other people live their lives, less time at the water cooler talking about this show or that show - we might actually connect with each other and talk about something really interesting - like ourselves.

It seems like people don't share themselves any more... Their wishes, dreams, aspirations, joys, pains... Or at least not in a constructive sense. Perhaps it seems safer to discuss other people than ourselves.

Someone once told me that life is a big game and people participate in one of three different ways: they comment about what plays are being made and by whom, they sit and watch the action or they get on the court and PLAY.

In that scenario, I wanna be a player! :)
 vg angel
Msg: 2
To Watch or Not To Watch...
Posted: 5/3/2007 11:40:17 PM
I don't watch them. I have never watched them and don't intend to start. I like my TV to be entertaining and I haven't heard anyone say anything about these shows that makes me believe they are entertaining. Rude, mean, nasty - those are things I have heard said about them. And since I can come to the forums and find that - why waste time on reality shows?
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:52:27 AM
I used to watch a couple of those shows, but I got tired of people ****ing and moaning at each other about trivial crap. Life is stressful enough without getting emotionally involved in some TV show, where we don't even know these people. Most of them I wouldn't want to know.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 2:31:26 AM
I do not like reality shows . They are contrived anyway.
 2findU
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 3:29:54 AM
I don't watch any of them. And they have absolutely nothing to do with reality. And I really hate Survivor. I can't believe people even watch that show. I mute the commercials for it. Of course I mute quite a few commercials anyway. But Survivor is the first of that type show and it is still surviving too.
 Eric-s Smokin Hottie
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:16:52 AM
The only reality show I have ever liked was The Amazing Race because it showed locations from around the world and there was some physical endurance involved. The participants had to out-smart the other teams to make it to the next level.

I really don't watch much TV at all these days, except for my sports, so I don't even know if that one is still even on the air! lol
 kicnbac
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 9:25:44 AM
dont watch them. They only make them because its cheaper then a making a regular show.
 elahair
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:42:12 AM
I dispise Surviver. How about this. Every contestant is given a machette, a map, a compass, and a handheld video camera and is dropped in the middle of a jungle somewhere. First person to make it to a certain piont without dying wins lol. Id watch that just to see someone get eaten by an anaconda or crocidile. If your going to go lowbrow do it right lol
 Vancer
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/4/2007 6:21:31 PM
I do not watch reality tv except for the occassional 'world's scariest police chases' and stuff like that. Some of them are fun to watch.
 nice2cu
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/4/2007 6:43:28 PM
Personally I find watching reality shows to be a waste of time.
I try to limit my viewing to things that are more constructive.
 Augiedougie
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:01:28 AM
Reality shows? Don't make my barf, please!
 BUBBA FUDD
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:31:45 AM
My son used to work on a whole bunch of them and he said they were only about 5-10 percent reality. Rest 90-95 percent was scripted or re-shot, etc... Said he was sorry to burst my bubble...
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 3:11:47 AM
How bogus is Survivor lmao. It may be somewhat ok to watch if it were a true test of survival. Usually the meanest, nastiest person would probably win. None of this voting off the island stuff[lmao] . I can not believe they TRY to insult my intelligence with that .
 twoshadows
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/5/2007 7:26:20 AM
When Survivor first came on I figured it would be a great show. Then I watched it and discovered what it really was,and I never watched it again. How many people know that during the first Survivor the contestants were routinely hitching rides with crew members off the island to a hotel?
 MallardHunter
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/5/2007 12:23:28 PM
contestants were routinely hitching rides with crew members off the island to a hotel?

Yeah, poor Richard Hatch got him a nice hotel now....

That was only reality show I ever watched,,,,,the reality show I have to live is plenty for me...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > To Watch or Not To Watch...