Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > The most attractive thing about a girl is...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AppleGeek
Msg: 3
The most attractive thing about a girl is...?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The eyes have it. Bright blue, dark and deep, green and mysterious.
Ok thats my attempt at eloquence for the day.
 CloneAlone
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The most attractive thing about a girl is...?
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:06:19 PM
Someone said 'attitude'. If attitude means sex appeal, I completely agree. A woman who feels and displays 'sexy' is very attractive, no matter her age/race/size/etc. By sexy I mean how she acts, not what she is wearing or, not wearing.

Now if he really meant attitude, that is a huge turn off for me.

Clone
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:10:12 PM
Her self-confidence! If she doesn't have that, then she's not in the same league as those that do have it.

Okay I want to hear it all. What do you guys think is the most attractive thing about a woman? lets say when you first meet, what do you look for? are they butts, legs, smiles, a great laugh?

oh and be honest!
 Double Cabin
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:23:16 PM
That she's actually a woman.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/8/2007 6:24:13 AM
i look at the shape of her body. like how what she has on show off that curvy azz with the small waist and how she has a perfect flat like arch starting just above the belly button down to her vagina.

In other words her perfect curves.

I'm an Azz man...bit surprise huh...lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/8/2007 7:15:21 AM
This is a great thread! Confirms what I figured...men like women with many layers like an onion, all good layers of course. Starting with what they can see, and then discovering the rest as they get to know you. Am I close?

Keep em comin' guys!
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/8/2007 7:28:45 AM
Starting with what they can see, and then discovering the rest as they get to know you. Am I close?

You correct but i don't understand why women go on rants about BS inner beauty and all these self confidence treads, telling people all these lies about this doesn't matter, that does matter its all about the person.

I say BUllshyt. just like you stated uglybetty. We ( women and men) work from what we SEE first then we get to know you.

PS i'm curious where the Ugly in your name comes from ;)
 dino_freebird
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/8/2007 8:16:44 AM
1) Hair
2) Smile
3) neck
4) and then I revert to being a man.

I'm not really into breast "size" as long as they aren't like snoopy noses when the bra comes off. I'm more into a shapely rear end. I just love "grazing" my hand over a shapely rear end!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/8/2007 1:54:39 PM
Since you're not asking for answers of 'the whole package' (like some posters are answering to avoid being seen as superficial), I would have to say the face. Hands down when I think about it. I think that's how it is with all us guys, whether we know it or not (yeah, I'm sounding like a know-it-all). Reason is, when we defend ourselves about not requiring a huge chest or the finest slim-but-curved a$$ in the world, we actually mean that those don't don't necessarily matter a lot -- if she's really attractive from the neck up.

Not only does a pretty face (being well structured) usually coordinate with good body shape, it is also the #1 thing you'll be looking at, it represents HER, and also is the main expression mechanism of a woman's personality (sounds scientific, but it's obvious).
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2007 3:21:13 PM
The eyes. Definitely the first thing I look at.
Windows to the soul and all that. ;)
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/8/2007 6:12:58 PM

You correct but i don't understand why women go on rants about BS inner beauty and all these self confidence treads, telling people all these lies about this doesn't matter, that does matter its all about the person.

I say BUllshyt. just like you stated uglybetty. We ( women and men) work from what we SEE first then we get to know you.

PS i'm curious where the Ugly in your name comes from ;)

YES! You got it.

Which is why the "What about what's on the inside?? " posts annoy me. It DOES matter, but you have to get past the outer layer to be interested in the things underneath. It doesn't have to be "The best", just worthwhile. (That goes out to the women who think "She's better looking than me, I'll never have a chance.")

That's what I figured, mainly because I am the same way...and men post the "I didn't get a chance because she was all about looks" threads too, and they are just as annoying. Basically attraction has to be part of the package, whether you see someone before you get to know them, or you get to know them before you see them. It's a complete package. I don't want a hot guy with nothing else to offer, and I don't want a guy who's got a great personality that I have no attraction to. It's gotta be all or nothin'.

The "Ugly Betty" thing comes from the television show. I just got braces, and considering I'll be a social leper for a couple of years, it's just an inside joke some friends and I started. That's ok tho, I will more than make up for the time lost when they come off.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2007 11:21:12 PM
Gluteus maximus, darlin'.
 zombies are chasing me
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/9/2007 3:24:01 PM
At first encounter. the first thing i notice is their physical shape, then their face.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:35:20 AM
I see beyond the braces betty no need to make up for time.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/11/2007 10:10:44 AM

I see beyond the braces betty no need to make up for time.

Well, hopefully you aren't the only one...I will be out and about in the clubs this weekend, and I will test your theory.
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/11/2007 3:00:47 PM
First impressions are almost always visual, so:
Her figure. Hips that narrow into a waist and broaden slightly into her chest & shoulders.
How she carries herself; how she moves. Smooth and relaxed is good!

...then we get into personality. This shows in her face and eyes. A woman's eyes can be her best feature, or her worst!
 gtrblr
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/14/2007 8:26:03 AM
Inner beauty; how she carries herself, and that is all tied to self-esteem. I'm much less concerned with body style and looks, but something does have to "click".
 hiheelsareOk
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:07:32 PM
They must be breathing, have a pulse, and walk in the upright position. Hope you found that funny, but its true in a way. I have no particular “type” of woman that I am looking for. I find attraction in many different ways. Personality is the most important. Everything else, it’s just all glitter and an extra.
 acgoat
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/15/2007 4:52:03 AM
Assume you are asking at a first viewing.

Faces/hair
then the overall proportions
 acgoat
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/15/2007 4:57:40 AM
double cabin on 5/7/2007 1116 PM
Subject: The most attractive thing about a girl is...?

That matters, since the [ Maury show } does show some very attractive and passable crossdresser/drag queens, you never know til checking the crotch.
 WokkaWokka
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/15/2007 10:42:41 AM
Her green thumb ,the way she takes care of the putting green she had built for me at her beach house in Costa Rica lol
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2007 1:31:12 PM
First off, I say a brain is the most attractive thing a woman can have.. but physically..

First, I look at her overall body shape. I prefer the hourglass-type figure. I'm totally scared of dating or even touching really skinny women.

Then I look in her eyes. She's gotta have some soul in her eyes.

Lips are usually next. Then hair. Generally I go for the dark-haired women. Red, brown, black, it's all good.
 Wullis
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2007 5:12:58 PM
Like others I'm a Package guy........I can't say one thing that completely does it, It's different every time.

From a distance: the way she walks or carries herself, her hair, genuine smile, eyes that talk

Face to face: Intellect, personality, eyes, interest in me, natural look
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > The most attractive thing about a girl is...?