Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > cost of dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 2
cost of datingPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
yeah the first couple should be the guys and you just have to know how to plan the date. the first one is the cheapest 5 bucks at starbucks... beautiful.
Another inexpensive date is Pool hall 2 to 3 hours of pool with drinks say 30 bucks.

in this time during the conversation if other dates will follow. tell them that you think relationship and dating are 50/50. etc.....

that the short of it.
 jessikaowl
Msg: 3
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:54:05 AM
my advice is not to date gold digging...... you know the rest.

if a girl doesn't go dutch, or at least offer to.... send her on her way.

you pay for everything, she'll just see you as an open wallet, and keep taking. If you take that second job for her, she'll spend all that and MORE. Then she'll get pregnant and you'll get a third job to pay for THAT. See how this goes?

chicks these days..... *sigh*
 jessikaowl
Msg: 8
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:06:51 AM
PS. MINI GOLF (glow in the dark mini golf is even better)
$20 or cheaper if you have a coupon (but don't let her see you use it, lol)
 that sam i am
Msg: 9
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:51:10 AM

if a girl doesn't go dutch, or at least offer to.... send her on her way.

Jessika, according to my friends, females in the United States usually expect the guy to pay for the first date. Going dutch happens later in the relationship.
 MallardHunter
Msg: 12
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 10:02:37 AM
females in the United States usually expect the guy to pay for the first date...

Actually, the men expect to pay because we asked the ladies out...

I agree with some of the others, its not what ya spend, but what ya do...

Burger and a beer at the beach on the patio of the bar, or a picnic in the park,,as long as it is pleasurable...

However, the day I pay the price that Starbucks charges for coffee isn't going to happen.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 17
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 10:42:44 AM
Your date might be expensive because your trying to show off with your wallet when ordering like its nothing. Prices have gone up over the years.

2 people for a movie 18 bucks

average, meal 12 bucks x2 24

Gas

so 50 bucks a day

x 3 dates a week

$150 and thats being cheap. but as the above opinion mention there are ways around.
It is common courtesy that a woman attempt to reach in her purse or offer.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 19
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:04:20 AM

Msg: 1 -- Should it be that the guy should date less or get a second job to afford the dates?

I simply date less. I can't see the point of getting a second job just to date more, especially since I don't really enjoy the dating process. I date only those who seem most likely to be the kind of woman I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. Needless to say, that sort of woman is extremely difficult to find, which quite naturally cuts down on my dating expenses anyway.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 20
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:07:14 AM
i agree that little Bazstard would've had to stay home. Just because i know I'm going to get slack about call her son a Bazstard. think about it its the DEFINITION of a Bazstard.

Thats another issue when dating the KID factor and how they interfer with you trying to get to know the woman.

Plan some park events with the kid, throw a ball around with him. don't take him out with you all and let her be pissy better train her now than later about it. She's spoiled.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 21
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:13:34 AM

Msg: 12 -- Going dutch happens later in the relationship.

Going dutch doesn't happen with me. I'm a bit old fashioned and have a bit more pride in myself than that.
 mochahoney
Msg: 25
cost of dating
Posted: 5/9/2007 4:50:36 PM
where are these men who like to take women out on dates?
Id like to meet one... Im patient
 §püngl䧧
Msg: 44
cost of dating
Posted: 5/11/2007 4:50:46 PM
If you feel you HAVE to spend that kind of money to date the types you are dating..and with 3-4 or more dates a week, you STILL haven't met one worth keeping...chances are? You're doing SOMETHING wrong. Maybe try not putting up a front? You might find you'd have more success.
 harviej
Msg: 45
view profile
History
cost of dating
Posted: 5/11/2007 4:57:24 PM
Three words. Dine and dash.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 48
cost of dating
Posted: 5/12/2007 5:42:11 PM

Msg: 44 -- The problems come up when you run into a woman that's just as prideful. They're out there.

Then it would cause a bit of conflict, then, wouldn't it? I'm not one for much conflict, but if she were to make an issue of it, that would be the last date I would have with her.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 49
cost of dating
Posted: 5/12/2007 5:54:42 PM

Msg: 54 -- Ditch the girls that'll never pay for themselves. They are high maintenance gold diggers.

I don't want a woman to pay for herself. That's a bit too masculine for me. I ask her out, I take care of the bill. If she shows herself to be high maintenance, that will become self-evident and I will give that the attention it deserves. But if she comports herself in a lady-like fashion I will treat her as a lady.

I'm strictly "Old School", and I believe in very sharp definitions of masculine and feminine qualities. I won't waste my time with a woman who can't understand this.
 mochahoney
Msg: 50
cost of dating
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:15:01 PM
just coffee, no thanks
if someone isint willing enough to talk to me for a while and take the risk of spending a few bucks...forget it.
I am not asking to go to the Revolving Restaurant in the CN tower. I am not asking for a guy to spend a fortune. I am not superficial in the least I buy my own clothes, pay my own bills, put the roof over my head. No one takes care of me.
To me dating is special, its an event. I am old school when it comes to dating. My time is precious...a real man will make the effort to impress me..from day one. No cheap men please. Coffee I can do with friends thats too mundane for my taste.
 nova_humor
Msg: 53
view profile
History
cost of dating
Posted: 5/15/2007 12:12:49 AM

Here is a good one, Charcoal under 5 dollars. Meat from a store, $12 should be enough for 2 plus left overs. Two tatters and a bit of salad.. total might come to 20 dollars.
Couple outdoor mesquito lights, one of those yard lights. some nice chairs, soft music, blanket for the roll on the ground later, lots of room to slow dance. Nice privacy fence. Bottle of wine. I'd say well under $80 dollars. Okay enough picking.

Now that's what I call a date. I've had much more fun on dates that involved a home-cooked meal than I have at expensive restaurants. I've had dates where I've taken women out for $100 meals, but I have fonder memories of dates that involved cooking for or with someone. I've always enjoyed cooking dates. They give you a great way to interact in a fun way. Plus my risotto is better than what most swank restaurants serve.
 Bezoar
Msg: 54
cost of dating
Posted: 5/15/2007 8:52:55 PM
dating is way to expensive. It felt like highway robbery when my and my last ex would go out to eat at a cheap local sparts bar place.

You forget one giant thing here folks. The "first date" is easy to use as legal prostitution. Its illegal to shell out 300 hundred for a quickie in the hotel room, but its perfectly legit to spend 300 on a fancy dinner and a movie with sex afterwords.

And whats wrong with olive garden? i like the cannaloni..
 haywiresue
Msg: 57
cost of dating
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:30:39 PM
Limodriver66 - I think a lot of people miss the point of going out on a date. Its to get to know each other. If a woman dates a man and rates him on how much he spends - she is a loser and should be ditched by the man.

In my profile I suggest meeting for a coffee and on a first meet I have no problems buying my own. Many times while talking to a man when we have moved from internet messages to the telphone he insists on taking me out for lunch or dinner. I had one creative man take me out for a late breakfast one day and that was very nice. If the date goes well, and we have mutually decided to see each other again, I usually offer to cook dinner for the man. Men have really enjoyed this and so did I as I love to cook. Most times we have wound up cooking together as I always leave a little something that needs to be done, in the event the man wishes to help. Otherwise, if he does not offer there is always coffee/wine and a chair in the kitchen so we can chat while I finish making dinner. Usually a very nice time and I do like to spoil the men in my life.

I am not hard on a man or his budget as I dont take advantage of men, just as I would not want a man to take advantage of me. I prefer to meet someone half way. To me its all about who you are with, not where you go or what you do as long as the activity fits what is trying to be accomplished. Personally I like cheap movie night at the theatres or if we were to go see a full price film, I would offer to buy the popcorn or go out for a coffee after the movie to talk and do a "movie review". To me its all about being together and having fun and in doing that it does not have to break the bank.
 PhilMeUpBaby
Msg: 58
view profile
History
cost of dating
Posted: 6/21/2007 9:33:30 PM
Having just read through three pages of posts discussing dating and money, it's now very easy to see why men want to get women into bed straight away.

It's not about getting sex.

It just costs less.

sometimes_miss
Msg: 60
cost of dating
Posted: 6/22/2007 3:54:53 AM

just coffee, no thanks if someone isnt willing enough to talk to me for a while and take the risk of spending a few bucks...forget it. I am not asking to go to the Revolving Restaurant in the CN tower. I am not asking for a guy to spend a fortune. I am not superficial in the least I buy my own clothes, pay my own bills, put the roof over my head. No one takes care of me. To me dating is special, its an event. I am old school when it comes to dating. My time is precious...a real man will make the effort to impress me..from day one. No cheap men please. Coffee I can do with friends thats too mundane for my taste.

See, I hear this line of thought very often. Too many women think guys should pay them just for showing up. I heard it called 'princess syndrome', women who are told from day one by their parents, family etc., how wonderful they are, that they deserve the very best in life, and then they expect others to provide it for them. Then when they don't get 'everything they deserve' in life, they're left bitter and angry at all us 'unappreciative' men who won't treat them to everything they want. These are the ones who's personal ads have a tagline akin to; 'where's my prince', or 'waiting for my prince'. But then, like Lady Diana, if they get their prince, they're still unhappy. They want the 'storybook' prince. But they don't exist.
 passionteman
Msg: 62
cost of dating
Posted: 6/22/2007 8:36:01 AM
OP:

- Simply take the girls to a park or something and play some badmonton while getting to know each other.

- It is pointless spending money on a woman on a date that you don't even know. I would rather the girl spend money on me, but that's cause I am priceless!!!
 mochahoney
Msg: 67
cost of dating
Posted: 9/9/2007 5:57:48 AM
Call me a princess, call me whatever I have standards...I know we all have bills to pay and obligations thats fine...as I said Im not expecting him to pay a fortune. 80-100 is way too outlandish for a first date.
Im no gold digger, Im am romantic and the best dates cost next to nothing. I love the outdoors and festivals... mostly no cost. If he asks me out he's going to pay unless we discuss it ahead of time. If I ask him out I will either pay or split the bill, if he is a gentleman and old school like I am he wont let me pay.

Thats my way, I dont expect anyone to do as I do...but thats what works for me.

I always have money in case he forgets his wallet or he is cheap. If he doesnt have the dough he won't see me again.
First impressions are everything. If hes cheap with dating hes going to be cheap in other areas and that's not cool with me.
Seriously men who have a grudge about spending money shouldn't be dating..they just want a cheap and easy ride...
9 times out of 10 when a guy asks me on a coffee date, he wants to know where I live and if we are going to have sex afterwards...hearing that so many times. I refuse to have a coffee date with a man. Coffee is the buzz word for one night stand. Im so turned off.
They dont want to work hard to impress a woman ...not the type of man that I want to associate with. Im VERY GENEROUS I spoil my man to no end so he has to go through this first test...Im a giver he has to be too, Period!
 neeneedt
Msg: 68
view profile
History
cost of dating
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:46:10 PM
You should contact me ChicagoRob.
 canoga77
Msg: 69
cost of dating
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:53:39 AM

get a second job...some of us have exspensive taste.

Unbelievable.
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 82
view profile
History
cost of dating
Posted: 5/5/2009 10:48:17 PM
I've gone on dates where NO MONEY was spent on either party's side; dates where we've gone dutch; and dates where either he or I paid and the next time we switched....Makes no difference to a woman who isn't digging for gold...

Gonna need more than a fat wallet to keep me - I always say.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > cost of dating