Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What not to say when you are breaking up with someone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 astrosky
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What not to say when you are breaking up with someonePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So I can still borrow your car tomorrow, right?

Just in case I need to subpoena you, could you fill out this form in triplicate?

I just found out average is NOT 4 inches....

Could you give me back my CDs you borrowed?

Here's your t-shirt back...sorry, my cat peed on it and I didn't have time to wash it....

Can my new boyfriend call you for advice on how to please me in bed? (no lie - my sister's new boyfriend actually DID call her old one for that reason...HAHAHAH)

I can't really talk about the reasons I'm breaking up with you right NOW, but when my book is published I'll send you a copy...
 YamIhere
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What not to say when you are breaking up with someone
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:45:31 PM
I mean, we can still have sex ...

Can you still take my grandma to the doctor's office tomorrow?

Sure you can keep the ring...
 Raven34
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:21:17 PM
OMG...lmao.....thank goodness I have never heard or said any of these.....too funny though....my cheeks hurt from laughing.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:30:19 PM
Don`t say...or maybe say...`I don`t miss you...I miss who I needed you to be, and you weren`t`....redneckgirl133 That should stop all conversation....
 astrosky
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:27:54 AM
Tell your dad he still owes me $20, and remind him to bring a rubber next time.

Guess what - small ones run in your family...except your cousin Fred, he must be adopted!
 Double Cabin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:33:58 AM
You knew from the begining I like big women, but now you are blotting out the sun and I'm not an albino.
 BigTallnBald
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/28/2005 8:26:42 AM
LOL sooo true i love that one!
 misticspear
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/21/2007 10:09:58 AM
OH i got the funnest one (to me anyways)

yeah it turns out that IS contagious.
 misticspear
Msg: 27
What Not To Say When You Are Breaking Up With Someone:
Posted: 2/21/2007 10:31:23 AM
or what about this one, if you are a woman breaking up with a man say "well i guess this is the best time to tell you my name is not carla it is carl.....im am a man "
 Ron9
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/21/2007 10:52:50 AM
I always try to avoid talking about dogs and forks and her mom in the same sentence.

Well actually I don’t date much but - I do practice breaking up with gals. I figure practice might come in handy someday.

I get a phone book and call them at random.

“Hello - you don’t know me but - my needs have changed and I don’t think we should see each other anymore - or ... ever. I would like to wish you and yours the very best”

Good bye.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What not to say when you are breaking up with someone