Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > bring your own bottle (b.y.o.b) & pigroast      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ponygrl™
Msg: 1
bring your own bottle (b.y.o.b) & pigroastPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Come one, come all

> > > >Join us as we have a

BYOB ~ Pigroast

Your Hosts for the event are: hunter and ponygrl

When: Saturday, June 2nd
Time: 11am until ?

Where: Daniel Boone Rod & Gun Club
301 Dautrich Rd.
Reading, PA 19606
(610)779-2090

http://www.danielboonerodandgun.com/index.html
the link for information and directions for the daniel boone rod & gun club

You must be 21 to attend this event.

There is a $5.00 cover charge to help with the expense of food and the kareoke/dj

okay, do we have any skeet shooters out there? i heard through the grapevine that we may be having skeet shooting as well for all of you big, strong, handsome, hunters, and sportsman!:yay: :yay: :yay:
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts6806734.aspx
click on the link for shared ride and hotel accommodations

please note this is not a charitable event. all monies collected at the cover charge is to cover payment for the kareoke/dj, towards the club rental, and reimbursement for some of the food supplied.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

goodform66

grabbinass

hdguy130

Hunter_3

impala18969

Mench2000

mgklclstlmn

ponygrl

8 people are attending
 ponygrl™
Msg: 2
bring your own bottle (b.y.o.b) & pigroast
Posted: 5/15/2007 9:05:34 PM
hey sharky......woohoo, i'm glad to see that you signed up for it girlfriend i'm going to be leaving early to get there to help hunter set up. he said that he's starting the pig around 5am and it has to cook for 8 hours. i'm making potato salad and macaroni salad as well plus he's getting a half barrel of beer plus soda. i'm also going to be crashing on his sofa so i can help with the clean up of the club on sunday or immediately after the last person leaves.

omg, i have some news for you...it's too late for me to call now, i'm getting ready for bed. it's after midnite and i have to get up at 5:30 so i can have a cup of tea, toast, and take my meds for tomorrow. can't eat anything after 6am so i have to get up earlier than i wanted....but then again i guess the early bird catches the worm right? nothing like sitting out on my swing with a cup of tea in my jammies watching the sun come up.
 Speed Racer
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/16/2007 5:32:16 AM
What are the activities at this one? do I get tied up and shot at? hmmm
 ponygrl™
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/16/2007 5:08:45 PM
hmmmmm matt i dunno? hey sharky you think we aughta have a hog tying contest while we feed our cowboy some shots?

ummm i was thinking??? i wonder where a party supply is around here...a wholesale place to see about getting lays...maybe a button maker too....make up buttons.

"i got layed at the byob/pigroast" and have the date on them.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/17/2007 6:24:10 PM
sunset, come on girl and sign up. this is going to be my 3rd event then the following week i'll be at knoebel's amusement park in elysburg. ummm, i'm going to have to ask hunter with regards to hotels unless i look them up in the yellowpages. i'm crashing out on his sofa so i can help with the clean up the following day.

hmmmm, maybe if the stars are filled in the skies then i might just sleep out on a lawnchair...that's also if the weather is good as well....nice and warm.

hunter, i was thinking about making jello shots....email me and let me know what you think, okay?

come on people......we have 2 weeks to really make this event a very successful one.

byob, pig roast, salads, kareoke................oh and a friend of mine was saying about his chocolate rum cake...yummy i had italian rum cake but forgot how to make it but chocolate.....now he's talking
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/17/2007 9:27:06 PM
Hey, is that a Kosher Pig?!?! <---Kidding!

I will post a Tentative - don't know if I can drive that far that soon...
 ponygrl™
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/17/2007 9:32:20 PM
ummm, it's kosher if you get the rabi to pee on it...

pop told me that a truck load of meats had to be kosher so they had a rabi pee on it and say a blessing....never know it might be one of them but then again it would be kind of old.
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/17/2007 9:35:18 PM
LOL, no pee on my pig please!

BTW - those are leis! Lays make Fritos!
 hunter_3
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:31:01 PM
Hi Sunset,
First I must say I have been to a few of these events and have enjoyed them.For myself it was a big step to attend my first ,and I can honestly say I plan on attending a lot more.This is the first one I am co -hosting and thought I would try something different.We do have some of the major hotel chains here.I wll gather a list for all those who wish to attend. Hunter
 ponygrl™
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/18/2007 4:57:29 AM
just divorced................are you going to make the pig kosher for us? oh and by the way they are leis..........i'm checking in to prices for the leis.....the cheaper ones are the plastic ones like for new years and all but hey, no one can say that they didn't get leid...

hunter.....i seen that cargirl signed up, that's cool. i tried to email her but couldn't get through because of her settings...seen that dolphin signed up as well

i'm still having fun emailing people the invite......everyone, please pass the word...the pig roast is in 2 weeks, let's have 1 hell of a success!
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/18/2007 8:46:58 AM
Hey PonyGrl. Well, you don't need a party store - here are some online leis!
http://tinyurl.com/247gbk , http://tinyurl.com/f3sfo ,
$2.25 / dozen-----> http://tinyurl.com/226n8j
Party Leis 38" (36/PKG) Hawaiian Luau Party Leis, Approx. 38in. - colorful plastic Toy Connection $5.90 http://tinyurl.com/2z4r63

Could also make them - there are plenty of directions, and I imagine paper or cloth flowers at a craft store are purty inexpensive. Then everyone can say they got a custom ponygrl lei!

"Silk flower leis - Use string. Cut up straws about 1/8th of an inch, and alternate a petal and then a straw. The silk flowers can be pulled apart - use one layer of petals at a time. You can even use several colors of flowers."
I'm looking for a ride on the other thread. Don't think I can drive that far by the 2nd. Perhaps I will meet you soon.

Pete
 ponygrl™
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:40:57 AM
okay everyone.......my good friend pete had ordered the leis for everyone that attends the byob pig roast. pete, thank you very much for ordering them.

now, any ladies wanna bring a very handsome young man please let pete (just divorced) or i know. he would like to attend the event but is unable to drive himself after having surgeory on his knee. oh ummm ladies, you're not going to have to worry about him running away from you when you chase after him.....he can't run.

i'm sorry pete, hun, i just couldn't resist that one.
 hunter_3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 2:49:57 PM
Hey Flymac ,
Help is always needed and do thankyou for volunteering.Lots to do that morning and it will start early.Let Anna know to pass your # and I'll contact you.Thanks
 hunter_3
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 8:22:33 PM
To all Fishes that wish to attend from a distance here is a list of hotels that are in the area.
Econo Lodge RT.222 610-378-1145
Comfort Inn RT.222 610 -371-0500
Dutch Colony Inn RT 422 610-779-2349

Hope this may help those who wish to attend Thank you
Hunter
 ponygrl™
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/18/2007 8:55:52 PM
here are 3 more places that you can check into if interested...

Bernville Eagle Hotel
4453 Penn Ave
Reading, PA 19608
(610) 670-7653

Best Western
Serving Your Area
(877) 574-2464

Borelli Hotel
49 S 3rd St
Reading, PA 19602
(610) 372-8861

for more hotel listings please go to www.yellowpages.com and seach hotels by zipcode.

please keep in mind that hunter and i are providing information for hotel accomodations since it's better to be safe then to be sorry. at the most a $150.00 nite is better than a $500 fine plus the fact that you're putting other lives at risk.

please do not drink and drive......have a designated driver if you're planning on attending with friends.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:39:37 AM
oooooo i was a bad little pony last nite. i went into my singles net pro and put in there about the byob that we're having....i also did the same thing in biker kiss as well. i was too damn bored and in pain last nite i had to do something to take my mind away. hunter, i hope you didn't mind me doing that. i would think that would be one way to let others know about the fish pond here as well.

oh, what happened to cargirl? did she leave us already hunter? i hope she's still going to be there.....

crissy, sign right up girl...what are you waiting for?

i can't wait until i see some new faces there.......just remember about knoebel's the following week as well.
 contractor0128
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/20/2007 7:20:01 AM
Hello ponygrl, wish you got something going just a bit closer to me! Would love to meet all of you guys, but the trip is so long!
Enjoy........................wish I was going :((
 ponygrl™
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:30:56 AM
awww c'mon plumber....maybe you can get some friends of yours from new york to join us. gather some of your friends for a "road trip".

what is the furthest that you would travel for an event? hmmm, maybe i can think of something closer.....just wished i had more friends in ny to talk to as well as jersey to see about something for the 3 states getting together but i would have to find someplace where it's close to everyone and that might be the hard part.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/20/2007 7:21:53 PM
omg sunny it's going to be great....now, don't be shy girl we're going to have a blast. you wouldn't believe the email that i received...it was just too cute i loved it. i'm not saying anything since the person didn't sign up yet and he's new to the events...this would be his first one he's attending.

hunter mentioned to me about hotdogs and rolls until the pig's done cooking.

fred is going to help hunter with set up until i get there....i'm also going be taking care of clean up as well.

another friend of mine is the kareoke dj.

hunter has to order up the pig this week sometime (around friday), he said about getting either 1/4 barrel of 1/2 barrel of beer, sodas and spring water.

pete ordered up the leis..............looks like everyone's gonna get leid (laid) that day!

doc said about making his famous, delicious chocolate rum cake...yummy

i'm also making about 5 lbs of macaroni salad and 20 lbs of potato salad. i also have styrophome plates and napkins already as well as 3 bags of pretzels and 3 bags of chips. i was also talking to hunter about making jello shots (orange, cherry, grape, lime) if i can only remember how much vodka to put in them?

if anyone would like to donate something for the event, please let me know as soon as possible.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/21/2007 1:12:00 PM
sunny.........thank you very much, i just wrote that down on the list.....oh and sunny, would a 5lb box of dietz and watson be okay...the deli franks, that's like 40 hotdogs, walmart or redners usually has them less than what some supermarkets charge for them.

rawdude, sign on up if you haven't done so already....it's going to be a great time, i would love to see you there as well.

i'm making up nametags right now as we speak and i'm going to make up a sign to be posted at the sign in table. i'm hoping that this is going to be one hell of a party that we're getting together.

hey, do we have anyone out here with a singing voice? my friend will (kareoke/dj) would love to sing with someone if they would like to do a duet.

it's lookin like lots of....
are going to be there and maybe some singles from bikerkiss and singlesnet as well...
 ponygrl™
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/21/2007 5:46:06 PM
omg mia.........i wish you can make it....hopefully if all goes well hunter and i would host another. too bad you can't duck out from the boring bridal shower... maybe you can convince all of them into a road trip....

i just found out something but i'm not sure of who's all good at it. i heard that we're also going to have skeet shooting! okay, now if there's anyone out there that's able to skeet shoot don't forget to bring your gun along....this is going to be a real blast!!!

dad........if all goes well with this one, maybe hunter and i can plan to have another one later on in the summer or something...
 ponygrl™
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/22/2007 10:30:16 AM
lol, that's just too funny mia....i think i would ditch the bridal shower anyway...i turned around and went to walk out on my own the first time i was married. i was prego, sick, and wasn't in much of a mood to be around anyone. the only reason i went was because my grandmother said she wanted company to go with her since my god mother was locked out of her house. i had 2 strikes against me that day and i didn't want a 3rd.

maybe hunter and i can think about having something around labor day or something like that. it's up to him....he's the boss. since he's the member of the club it would be his call....plus the fact depending upon the outcome of this one.

did you ever hear of people shooting at clay? disks made of clay fired from like a catapaut thing and people shooting at them. it's a way for duck hunters to get their practice in. shooting at a duck while it's in the water is a no no! since the duck is in motion the clay poses as the duck in flight and the hunters would shoot at them. there are plenty of places that has skeet competition. i know of a woman that lived in hadley, ny that always placed from 1st to 3rd in the woman's skeet competition. i always wanted to try it and i heard it's much harder than hunting bear, buck, or doe.

okay hunter and fred.......i hope i explained what skeet shooting good enough!?
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/22/2007 11:51:17 AM
Jello Shooters:
If you google Jello Shooter Recipes you will find tons of different recipes (look here: http://tinyurl.com/239hjg)

Tequila is good with Lime. Chambord / orange is pretty tasty. There are many combinations one can make. Just an FYI.

BTW: http://www.myscienceproject.org/j-shot.html
"Our next batch, which used 4 oz. boiling water and 13 oz. vodka (lemon Jell-O) proved that the failure of the previous batches was due not to the concentration of alcohol, but due to inadequate boiling water to completely dissolve the Jell-O and sugar. Indeed, we were able to achieve substantially higher concentrations of alcohol while maintaining a good “gel factor” as long as the powder was completely dissolved in 4 oz. of boiling water.

Ultimately we determined that the breaking point of a Jell-O shot – the point at which the gelatin began to lose its structural integrity (i.e., ability to gel and hold its shape) is somewhere between 19 and 20 oz. of vodka per 3 oz. package of Jell-O powder. That’s at least 14 oz. (1 2/3 cups) more than the 5 oz. of vodka in the original Jell-O shot recipe. The Jell-O shots we made with 19 oz. of vodka (lime) held their shape nicely when unmolded, whereas the shots made with 20 oz. (grape) began to slide apart, and the shots made with 21 oz. (orange) quickly disintegrated. The batch containing 19 oz. of liquor was 76% vodka by volume, and 30% pure alcohol by volume, very close to taking a straight shot of vodka."
 ponygrl™
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/22/2007 4:21:22 PM
woohoo crissy............we gotta get you there girlfriend. now some people knows about my chariot... (bad inspection sticker, no muffler) i'm really coming in style.

pete....or is it prof. pete? anyway, gotta love ya for the reading on the jello shots. now, if i can only make sure they're done right. hmmm, how much jello would i use with a 5th of jack daniels.....use jd instead of vodka.

omg, i can't wait.....i'm getting more thrilled as each day passes....i'm going to meet a great bunch of people, have a blast. maybe even have someone help me hold the gun while i try some skeet shooting?

any offers from the guys to help me hold the gun? i promise i'm not going to shoot you in the a$$...but then again, if anyone gets out of control i will.
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:52:59 PM
Ewwww JD - (What, no vomiting smiley available?!) <-- When I was 16 I killed the better part of a quart at a party (yes, they were quarts back at that time in distant history) and I have not goon NEAR the stuff since...
Oh, did you get leid today? The UPS man should have accommodated you today, according to my information.
Prof Pete? No, MacGuyver or Mr Wizard, perhaps. Lets see, a fifth is 750 ML, 750 milliliter = 25.360 516 919 ounce [US, liquid] (www.onlineconversion.com), so that would be a little more than one pack of Jello according to the max recipe info, above.
That would be some NASTY tasting Jello Shooters, however...
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > bring your own bottle (b.y.o.b) & pigroast