Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The First Date....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 3
The First Date....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Lucky for you - you have breast - LOL!!!
Lucky for me I have a smokin ass- LOL!!

Dates and Meets - lets see - I have not done either in a while-
Im doing a meet but its more like a date - I dont know -

A shitty date - Oh God - wait yeah - wait a shitty meet- met this guy
at Fridays - he was screaming when he met me - I think I overwhelmed him-
everyone was looking at us in the Bar- kinda shitty - I kept saying stop screaming
man- Im not that scary. I guess he was overcome. I wanted to leave and he just
kept hanging around and would not let me leave - Oh God- Im getting sick in
my stomach thinking about it. I need a shower. He kept like hugging me and
staring at me - oh God - make it stop.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The First Date....
Posted: 5/18/2007 10:53:48 AM
most memorable hands down...

we scaled a 12 foot fence with three strands of barbed wire at the top (I still have scars on the palm of my right hand to prove it)

Then, climbed a lookout tower (You know, those ranger stands in the National Forest), thinking it was going to be this romantic thing; bullshit; air was cold and thin and the whole floor of the tower was filled with pigeon shit.

Oh, and he let the hatch drop, so it got stuck and he had to climb out and around to go underneath to push it open so we could get down..I was SO scared he was going to fall to his death, then I'd be stuck up there cause no one knew where we were.

Man, those were the days.

Randy, where are you? I could use some excitement....

Fry
 sometimes_miss
Msg: 11
The First Date....
Posted: 5/18/2007 12:47:34 PM
Trikki, you're 21, you still have lots of first dates to go on, and the younger guys usually aren't very imaginative; still, it's more the person you're with than what you wind up doing. Spend the evening over drinks, a cheap radio and a campfire with the right guy and it will seem like heaven; be with the wrong guy on a 'dream date' and it will seem like he||.

As far as the responsibility for what to do goes, most of us can just start with dinner somewhere we know is good, and work from there. It's pretty simple; make a list of things that you like to do, and do one of those. If the person you're going out with doesn't like it at all, and you don't even talk much during the date, then chances are you weren't going to work out well anyway. Even when the date goes wrong, you can laugh about it. I once went out on a first date, and the restaurant went on fire. We wound up at burger king across the street, but still had a nice time.

Your best feature? I've always been particular to pretty hair. As far as your boobs, well, they're the right ones for the right guy. And, there are lots of us who think you're a fine looking woman just the way you are.
 Rain4Eva
Msg: 16
view profile
History
The First Date....
Posted: 5/18/2007 7:50:10 PM
Well lol, I remember this one time.

About a year or two ago, after a nice night on the town chillin with this woman, after about 3-6 hours of clubbing, we get in the car and it's around 5 a.m. and she mentions she really feels like dancing, so I stop the car in a closed store parking lot, crank some music up, and get her outta the car and we start dancing lol. Was first meeting and talking together.

I guess IM just spontaneous like that.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 17
view profile
History
The First Date....
Posted: 5/20/2007 5:03:27 AM
I like dinner. I talk a mile a minute anyway. Not that I continually talk, but I think all the time. So I'm constantly firing new ideas, thoughts, stories, the lot.
Anything more complicated than that and it seems a bit too much.

I'd love to go go-karting, paint-balling, trying bungee-jumping (though I've never tried and would look like a complete idiot - lost my ego years ago, and gave up all hope of ever getting it back), ice skating, walk in the park, the cinema (only if you'd like the film), rent a DVD (ditto), hiking in the woods (maybe a bit scary for a woman on a first date), sitting in the park, eating nuts or sandwiches and watching squirrels, or insects (ants are the best, they are like commandos, they always get their apple!), for the more adventurous, swimming, a yoga class (first for me again, the class, not the yoga - find out how flexible she really is), can't be asked to think of more, oh yes, go to my local for a drink, or to play pool, or darts, or karaoke, or go somewhere else and do the same, or a bar (NOT the same as a pub), or ... I give up. See, that's always my problem, either I can't think of nuthin', or I think up loads at once.

It's the Aries woman in you, brings out my Scorpio male. You're a dangerous woman, trikki. By the way, is that trikki or tricky? Hmmm...

However, I'm against stealing, so I'd consider the stuff on your profile, but only if we paid for it all. I have a relative who's a klepto and a dab hand at shoplifting. If I wanted something half-inched, I'd be holding your dress right now.

I still have to meet a woman who is up for all of that on a first date, and talk to me. Seems I'm a tad much to handle. Not that I'm very stressful. I try to be laid back. But I'm a bit full-on, I call it intense. Others have called me magnetic. Take your pick.

As to your visible assets, those are playthings, not reasons to avoid thinking. Unless you want a man who's going to do all his best thinking with his anatomy, too.

I've taken a woman to dinner (she loved curry), she came over to mine and we had a takeaway, bottle of wine and watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" (works a treat, fellas), and the pub.

But my worst date ever was when I booked tickets to see Soulfinger in town. She had incredible posture. Once I picked her up, I found that she had a back brace. Then we caught the bus (No car). Once we got on and it was moving, she told me that it can put her back out. We get there and EVERYONE is dancing. But she can't dance, because of the back brace. Rang the next day, turned out she was in hospital, because her back had been put out. Needless to say, I did not call again - on reflection, should have sent her flowers as an apology, but I thought she would never want to speak to me again. NOT going out with a girl with back problems again. Not unless she's really keen.

The most fun you can EVER have is to go outside Buckingham Palace and annoy the Busbys (guardsmen, with the big furry hats). They aren't allowed to move a muscle, crack a smile, or talk at all. So we used to be awful to them.
Then go and get lost in a museum. Or run around an art gallery.
Then, go to a HUGE supermarket, stand on the end of a trolley, and the other one pushes you around at high speed. It's like go-karting, but far more dangerous. Scares the hec out of other shoppers, too.

You see what you've reduced me to, trikki?
You are a bad influence, and a bad, bad girl. (smack) Lol
 PhilMeUpBaby
Msg: 20
view profile
History
The First Date....
Posted: 5/22/2007 1:27:00 PM
Best 1st date - a shooting range. If she can hit the bullseye, or even the target at all, there's no second date.

Brilliant! Laughed for ages when I read that one!

Heck, my suggestion for a first date would be a swingers club. If you don't get along, then you can each go home with someone else instead. That's me, always the practical thinker!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The First Date....