Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Older gentlemen please??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??Page 1 of 1    
I would say that it not unusual, it happens , but I wouldn't say it was "normal " as such .. and it doesnt just affect older guys either .

Could be something psychological causing him worry .. stress about something going on in his life / worry if his sexual performance is good enough etc etc Could be something physical caused him pain or discomfort momentarily eg you could be being too aggresive as you suggest ? Or he could have tweaked a back muscle or something silly like that ..? Any number of things can cause any guy to lose it - it does NOT mean that YOU dont do it for him !!!

And of course , once it has happened, then THAT will begin to worry him , too , so how you handle it will go a long way to restoring his , er .. , "pride" ;-) Not making it an issue and lots more loving foreplay would do it I guess ...??

not sure if that helps really ..
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 5
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/18/2007 2:31:34 PM
It can very well be stress related. High blood pressure prevents a guy from being hard. I assume it's probably a combination of factors at the same time:
He's older (35+)
He's past his buzzed stage and actually kind of drunk
He smokes
He's got stress rooted in him. You won't always see it in him, and sometimes neither will he.
He has high blood pressure or is a little diabetic
He's already had sex or waxed his own carrot rather recently
He's unusually tired even tho he may not be showing it

You put a few of those together, and I would guess it'd be common to happen at least once in a great while. It's not your fault -- it's him. True, more sexually exciting things would probably get him back in "full grear" when that happens, but to be honest, his engine has a little trouble.

Tell him to buy some L-Arginine amino acid and take a good/high dose of that for a few days, cut down on smoking & drinking the days surrounding your encounter (if at all), and make sure you've got lube lol I'm sure that should be enough. If he has blood sugar problems, tell him to buy & take some chromium picolinate and to cut down on the sugar... and if he has possible stress issues (again, may not know), get him some relaxation audio tapes (helped me for work!).
 PhilMeUpBaby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/19/2007 2:00:59 AM

Is it normal for a gentleman to lose his erection while in the middle of having sex/making love?

If his wife walks in half way through, then yeah.... I would imagine that losing the erection would be quite normal...
 PhilMeUpBaby
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/19/2007 3:58:21 AM

Is it normal for a gentleman to lose his erection while in the middle of having sex/making love?

It happened to me once... it was an anxiety issue, but I learned from the experience and have gotten over it. So, now before I have sex, I check to make sure that my favourite motorbike is locked up securely first. No anxiety once I've done that.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/19/2007 8:54:54 PM
Well obviously something has gone wrong if this happens. I think the proper thing to do in a situation like this is to, very loudly, exclaim "Oh my god! What has happened to you? What is wrong with you?". Repeat this several times, raising both the volume and pitch of your voice with each repetition. This will serve to bring him back to focus and motivate him to perform like a champion. Try that, you can thank me later.
 Wullis
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/19/2007 9:29:12 PM
I used to date this lady years ago that was very focused and intense while getting started but once things were running smoothly she would just start talking about the damndest things .......And sometimes this would kill it in a heartbeat

I mean when starts talking about stains on her childs laundry or making chicken salad......It kinda is off topic

Other than that or a kid walking in the room in the middle (that'll kill it for a week)

I'm like the knights......if you unsheath the sword ....it must be used
Age is immaterial
 sometimes_miss
Msg: 16
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:16:36 AM
If you're using condoms, that could easily be it. Me, I've always had frequent difficulty but it's because of a different problem. Condoms cut down on sensation, and even the process of putting one on can be a downer (pun intended). If he's able to get an erection, then something is going wrong after that. He's probably afraid to even broach the subject though. Does he have any problem staying hard during oral sex? You might ask if this is a new problem, or something that developed recently. As mentioned previously, if he has no other health issues, there are plenty of medications on the market now to remedy his situation. Encourage him to discuss it with his doctor. There's nothing wrong with it, we use medications to solve all kinds of other dysfunctions, why not to enhance the enjoyment of life?
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/20/2007 7:30:12 PM

Yeah um thanks for that TF - NOT - I'm trying to make it better and somehow I don't think that would do the trick. A little bitter?

Nope SD, just being a smart ass. Not particularly helpful, I admit, but at leas I made myself chuckle...
 Ron9
Msg: 20
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:59:50 PM
I don’t know if he and you (you OP) are newish together or not.

About 3/4th of the time if it is a “new girl” ............ it could happen to me.

The first time it happened - OMG was she sexy I was 21 years old and had FINALLY got a “yes” out of her and ........ chit my weinersnitzel fizzled. It was better the next time and the problem was gone by the 3rd time.

It happened again when I was 39 and between my two long marriages. That gal was also very sexy - same thing by the third time the problem was gone and stayed gone.

It happened again this time - after being married for 17 years - the gals where just ......... taking their close off for NO GOOD REASON. I felt like some guy - any guy to them. That don’t seem to work all that great for me - I now know that being this weeks bOink is not for me.

Call me silly but ... I seem to want to feel like the gal is doing what she is doing because it is me - not just this weeks sex.

So ...... sometimes with some guys it is “situational” not actually all that physical. It is mental.
 dino_freebird
Msg: 22
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/22/2007 3:20:14 PM
Ditto to most of what has been discussed previously (to my post). Just wanted th throw my two cents in...
He is no longer a teenager that is able to maintain a 24 hour erection. Being sympathetic and not laughing or ridiculing him would probably earn you a lifetime lover. It might even help him to maintain an erection longer since he knows that you won't laugh at him, or make a derogatory comment, and that in itself is will relieve A LOT of stress. No man feels like a "man" when they are having a bout with ED. What you do, or say, could make or break him.
 techgirl27
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/22/2007 3:33:37 PM
Could be diabetes.
 fetish4u
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Older gentlemen please??
Posted: 5/25/2007 3:33:34 PM
I'm an older guy and have had problems with keeping an erectionI don't have the problem with masterbation but with sexual intercourse.I perfer to give oral sex than I do sexual intercourse.Believe me,I don't think it's because you would be aggressive.I love agressive women myself.I use to experience this with my last girlfriend when we had sex.I now believe it might be related to high blood pressure I carry and I believe I may be diabetic(Checking this out at this time)I have heard these two things can cause erection problems.I'm working on getting both treated and should be back in the game sometime in the future.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Older gentlemen please??