Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Cool places you have traveled to?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 assilem27
Msg: 2
Cool places you have traveled to?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Western Canada(Edmonton, Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Vancouver, Victoria) and many Ontario/Quebec cities, France, Italy, Switzerland. Not much compared to others on here but I'm looking forward to traveling once a year but like you said, being single is expensive. I looked at some online deals and some of them are pretty good but it's all for double occupancy.
 Ugly_Duckling
Msg: 4
Cool places you have traveled to?
Posted: 5/20/2007 1:50:26 PM
Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Florida (in car so all the coast between here and there), Costa-Rica, Cuba, France. I feel like I am forgetting a place, damn it I am getting senile!
 Ugly_Duckling
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/20/2007 2:31:21 PM
I consider Cuba to be very safe, Costa-Rica a little less but still safe. These two place are much safer than Mexico for sure. If you are careful you shouldn't worry at all about going there.

Besides, a little danger adds to the fun!
 pomolive
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/3/2007 4:38:03 PM
I've just returned from an all inclusive trip to the Dominican rep/punta cana. .sun scape on the beach resort .what a beautiful resort....just marvelous.
 tooyoung
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 12:50:55 PM
Among others:
ATF Israel(Jerusalem,Dead Sea,West Bank,Masada,Eilat)
Skiing in two countries in one day(Zermatt,Monta Rosa)
Agadir,Morroco(swim in ocean morning,Ski in Atlas mountains afternoon)
Italy(Florence,Sienna,Venice,Lago di Como,Amalfi Coast,Pompeii)
 Rainsands
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/30/2008 6:25:03 AM
overseas ? Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Thailand ~ the buddhist temples and muslim mosques are breathtakingly beautiful....
 MrLeft73
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 2:14:10 AM
I was extremely lucky when I was younger as I've been to India, Pakistan, Nepal and China. I'd have to say my trips there shaped me more into the person I am today than anything else. I'd love to go back as an adult, as Asia sure has changed significantly.

In grade 11 I was also really lucky to partake in a relatively short (2 weeks) exchange trip to Moscow. It was actually the very first Russian - Canadian (or North Ameraica as a whole I'm fairly sure) exchange trip since the cold war. Really amazing experience! We only had a visa for Moscow, yet we snuck in the rather long train ride to Leningrad/St Petersburg and back .. absolutely gorgeous city!

But I'd have to say one of my favorite trips was just a year and a half ago when I took a road trip with my grand-father and an uncle. We did a 8-day 6000km road trip from Vancouver through Whistler, Lake Louise, the glacier highway, Jasper, Northern BC along the Alaska Highway all the way up to Whitehorse and then back down to Vancouver zig-zaging though BC. I initially went to spend time with my grandfather and uncle .. but the trip itself was more spectacular than I could ever imagine! If any of you ever do this trip (I did it in early August), there are 4 segments of the most incredible natural beauty that you simply can't miss:

1- Sea-to-Sky Highway between Vancouver and Whistler
2- Glacier Highway between Lake Louise and Jasper
3- Alaska Highway specifically between Fort Nelson and Watson Lake
4- Highway 37A into bordertowns Stewart, BC / Hyder, Alaska and then the road up to Salmon Glacier
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Cool places you have traveled to?