Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What movie sequel are you waiting for that they ain't making?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 1
What movie sequel are you waiting for that they ain't making?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
We all have some movie that we love and can't wait for them to hurry up with the sequel, and yet somehow for some reason (usually because you're the only one that thought the movie was great) they aren't doing one. In my case, it's "The Rocketeer", that was a great entertaining escapist film, it came out in 1991, where the heck is the sequel?

Hope springs eternal; it could still happen . 2001: A Space Odyessey came out in 1968, the sequel (2010) came out in 1984. And "The Hustler" came out in 1961, the sequel (The Color of Money) came out in 1986.
 susan_cd
Msg: 2
What movie sequel are you waiting for that they ain't making?
Posted: 5/20/2007 7:33:11 AM
Hmmmm that'd be interesting LOL, yes they did miss one or two (dozen) things.
 spellingbee
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/20/2007 10:22:49 AM
On Golden Pond: The Reckoning
 haywiresue
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/20/2007 11:23:17 AM
Next movie sequel - I guess would be a sequel to "Gone In 60 Seconds" .................
could be called "From 60 Seconds to 5 Years or how I got caught"..................or some such nonsense...................................................................................................
 susan_cd
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/2/2007 7:42:48 PM
[q]Flesh Gordon .. have no idea what the sequel would be called tho.. laughed my ass off at the total insanity of that one [/q]

Too late, there's already a sequel to Flesh Gordon. Don't have anymore info on it tho, you'll have to do a search on the 'net.
 spellingbee
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:20:13 PM
My After Dinner Toke with Andre: Now What Were We Talking About Again?
 susan_cd
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/30/2010 11:57:15 AM

"The Return Of the Titanic" aka "My Story, tale of an Iceburg"

I thought they made that as a pre-quel, "The Big Chill".... I haven't seen it yet tho so I may be wrong.
 armaegis
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2010 1:03:55 PM
History of the World... Part 2
 susan_cd
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/1/2010 11:54:06 PM
That's a good movie, but my fave Brooks movie is Silent Movie; with Young Frankenstein a close second.
 armaegis
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 1:46:28 AM
I believe The Producers is coming to MTC next month.
 Super Ryan
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/3/2010 2:47:42 AM
Dr. Strangelove II or How I Learned to Stop Living and Love the Nothingness
Top Gun II: Attack of the Drones
Weekend at Bernie's III: If the Original Warranted One Sequel, Why Not Two?
Showgirls II: Let's Be Honest, They're Strippers
Saving Private Ryan II: Wondered Off From the Rest Home
Imagine II: Yoko's Revenge
Waterworld II: Throwing Good Money After Bad
American Beauty II: Who Killed the Pedophile?
Resevoir Dogs II: The Rise of Mr. Pink
Cool As Ice II: Rob Van Winkle Needs a Job
The Wizard of Oz II: This Time the Hallucination is Drug Induced
A League of Their Own II: War's Over, Now Back to the Kitchen
The Breakfast Club II: Yup. Bender Was Right, They Never Spoke to Each Other Again
 susan_cd
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/10/2010 4:42:08 PM
And he's back, by no demand whatsoever.

Maybe they will do a documentary about the study that linked autism to vaccine has been retracted due, in part to dishonesty.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/news/20100202/study-linking-autism-to-vaccine-retracted

Study Linking Autism to Vaccine Retracted
Retraction Follows U.K. Finding of 'Dishonest, Irresponsible' Study Methods
By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDFeb. 2, 2010 -- The venerable British medical journal The Lancet has retracted a 1998 study suggesting a link between autism and childhood vaccination with the measles-mumps-rubella MMR vaccine.

The Lancet tells WebMD that it has retracted "10 or 15" studies in its 186-year history. The retraction follows the finding of the U.K. General Medical Council (GMC) that says study leader Andrew Wakefield, MD, and two colleagues acted "dishonestly" and "irresponsibly" in conducting their research.

The Lancet specifically refers to claims made in the paper that the 12 children in the study were consecutive patients that appeared for treatment, when the GMC found that several had been selected especially for the study. The paper also claimed that the study was approved by the appropriate ethics committee, when the GMC found it had not been.

"We fully retract this paper from the published record," The Lancet editors say in a news release.

The retraction means the study will no longer be considered an official part of the scientific literature.

BMJ, formerly known as the British Medical Journal, has competed with The Lancet since 1840. BMJ editor Fiona Godlee says she welcomes the Lancet retraction.

"This will help to restore faith in this globally important vaccine and in the integrity of the scientific literature," Godlee says in a news release.

In 2004, 10 of Wakefield's 13 co-authors disavowed the findings of the 1998 study. Although the study never claimed to have definitively proven a link between the MMR vaccine and autism, sensational media reports ignited a public panic. MMR vaccinations fell dramatically.

More rigorous studies have found no link between autism and the MMR vaccine. Last year, the U.S. "vaccine court" rejected U.S. lawsuits claiming that there was a plausible link between the vaccine and autism.
 susan_cd
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/14/2010 7:09:32 PM

Who said anything about vaccines and autism???? I merely said I'd like to see a follow up to the research by Edward Hooper, who wrote the book THE RIVER, where he details how Korpokowski's CHAT (polio) vaccine was cultivated on chimp kidneys, and this contaminated vaccine was given to a million Africans from 1957-1960. Its just a coincidence that this area including Stanleyville became the epicenter of the chimp HIV/AIDS epidemic. No need to get all hostile Susan. Hope I didn't burst your bubble or rain on your parade. If you haven't seen the documentary, why are you so critical?

Critical? You suggested they do a documentary, I suggested another idea for a different documentary.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What movie sequel are you waiting for that they ain't making?