Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > My date with the Drag queen.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tdh46
Msg: 1
My date with the Drag queen. Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I once was a member of another site which will remain name less, but has the initials LL.

One day while i was logged in someone clicked on Im and started chatting with me. I looked at the person's profile and noticed there was no picture, I pointed out that i don't like chatting with someone without knowing what they looked like, this person then made me feel rather badly about being so superficial, but they did assure me that if we ever met i would be pleasantly suprised.

Against my better judgement i gave this person my msn and we continued our conversations there, every once in awhile the picture thing would come up and i would get some kind of excuse, i would also mention meeting and would get rebuffed in that also. We talked almost everyday for about a month, finally i said either we meet or i see a picture of what you looked like, at that point i was pretty much done wasting my time. We decided to meet a few days later for coffee at a starbucks in my neighborhood.

I get to the starbucks early and i am sitting in the back, right at the appointed time i see them come in, oh i knew it was them instantly, who else could it be with my luck, they came over to me stuck their hand out and said "Hi i am sherry" I am totally stunned for a minute because standing infront of me is a man dressed in drag. It was not even the good "drag" the wig was kind of twisted on his head, his lipstick looked like it was put on in a rush. And his entire outfit looked like it was barrowed from his grandmothers closet. even his purse looked out dated. But he was wearing a nice pair of pumps, although i never knew they made womens shoes that large.

So for the next 45 minutes i am stuck in a coffee shop that i go to a few times a week having coffee with a drag queen. Everytime the door opens i try sliding a little deeper into my chair just in case it's someone that might recognize me. That was the longest 45 minutes of my life. I would rather be on the balcony of a burning highrise waiting on the fire truck to come get me than ever go through something like that again.

I never did mention anything about him being a drag queen, I figured he was screwed up enough with me ragging on him and messing him up any further. W hen i got home i just wrote him an e-mail telling him i don't think we were a match. I deleted him from my msn but i never blocked him, so every now and then he would come online and ask me how my kids were doing and chit chat a little about life in general.

My msn buddy the drag queen.

Should i have handled it differently?

how would you have handled the same situation?
 tdh46
Msg: 2
My date with the Drag queen.
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:44:55 PM
"yeh, but did you get lucky" very funny argula
 tdh46
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/20/2007 5:14:17 PM
"Do you mean to tell me that her voice didn't give her away" actually i never spoke to her/him on the phone before we met. But once i met him it would have been very easy to tell....Dude had a Barry White thing going on with his voice.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:03:45 PM
And i thought i had bad luck. You got to meet Vicky with the Dicki. Remember that old telephone ad? Phone first!
 tdh46
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:48:26 PM
Actually there are quite a few "women" on pof that's had the operation. They actually make a point of telling you in their profiles. Which is totally cool them being honest about it and letting a guy make up his own mind. But i will still pass thanks.
 TS_69er
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:01:57 PM
Ok, this story sounds like Bullshit, youre telling me a guy of your intelligence is going to let that happen to you? speaking to someone on msn without seeing a pic, I think i saw that on Jerry Springer last week dude.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:19:57 PM
I'm in total agreement with Tonydaboss...this story doesn't sound kosher to me...and to think that you stayed with this so called Drag queen for 45 min.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:25:50 PM
First off, if you got IM'ed on LL, you should have known there was a problem. Women don't pay there, they wait for you to message.lol
 Truucha
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:29:17 PM
Yea TDH I would have expected more out of you!!! Judging you by your post, and your assertive attitude, you really showed some cowardness under pressure. I don't know man......nowadays with all the bullshit profiles, and wasted time, I would have not let this one slide. I would have had to say something just so I could have slept better at night. And to spend 45 minutes!!!! WTF? Shit at the very least I would have been like damn I think my car alarm is going off, and bolted
 Truucha
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/20/2007 10:24:40 PM

Did he/she/it/whatever/ dress like Cinderella?
did he/she/it/run off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz?
Gee there is a lot of what we call droppings of a Adult Male Bovine Mammal aka A BULL and you know what they drop at the end of their a$$?

and one more thing if it was me in that situation( mind you I wouldn't be in that situation because IM SO SMART,) it would of been RUN FOREST RUN.

WTF are u talking about? lay off the before posting
 tdh46
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/20/2007 10:33:37 PM
actually Trudawg this happened in 2004 when i first started with online dating. I don't see that shit ever happening to me ever again. as for just up and leaving G, i could have done that or i could have called him on it, but what would have been the point, He was already messed up enough.

Obviously if it happened today i might handle it differently i think. Actually i have never left a date early, Once i decide to meet someone, i pretty much will stick it out.. Maybe that's why i don't computer date anymore, way too much Bs going on online.

Besides if i had started in on him i would have just been another angry black man, nobody would have really cared if i had a damn good reason.

But i did make some major adjustments since then, I have gotten alot better on calling people on bs online. But as this story proves it was not always like that lol.

Babydoll272

If i wanted to practice my creative writing, do you really thing any straight guy in his right mind would make this one up....You people must be nuts.
 tdh46
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/21/2007 6:44:21 AM
I don't like hurting peoples feeling when i meet them. So u will not find me ragging on anyone about lying about anything on their profile during a first meeting. I would just chalk it up to experience and move on.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 6:59:54 AM
I've had some strange dates, but that is AWESOME! (But then, I'm a David Bowie fan, so I have no problems whatsoever with guys in drag....)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:20:26 AM
I call bs on this.
I don't believe it happened.
and if it did...why the need to post it 3 years later...other than to have
a laugh at the expense of someone else.
If this person was as bad as you say...then obviously they had no hope of
deceiving you. Maybe they were just a lost soul looking for some kindness...and you gave
it to them...and that is to your credit.
What isn't to your credit is to bring it here so it can become a source of ridicule.
But to each their own.
 tdh46
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:27:33 AM
In answer to the question why bring it up now? I keep reading these thread people keep posting about really bad dates, and they amuse me because i really don't see them as all that bad.

finally after reading yet another one yesterday about a bad date, i told my story with the hopes of having people see that they really don't have it so bad. If you go back and read some of my threads you will see that it's a story i told before, maybe just the readers digest version, but i have told it here on pof. If not this time but when i was here last years sometime.

I would never post anything as a source of redicule.....There is always a meaning to all my threads...You just have to look deep enough to see them. Always a lesson to be learned. With the exceptions of my earlier post here on pof.

Browneyedboo before you call bs on anything i write go look here.

Thread titles "bad first meetings" look for the post by aj7676. Now i wonder just how stupid you people now feel after calling me a lier.

Edit "because you told the story more than once it must be true?" my apology browneyesboo, i keep forgetting the mentality of the person i am trying to reason with.

browneyesboo
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:47:18 AM
That was hilarious...because you told the story more than once it is the truth?
ack.
I think bush suffers from the same problem.
 floridaman4u
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 11:55:07 AM
lol leave duh ...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 12:06:29 PM
Couldn't have handled it better myself.
Great story to tell the grandkids, though.
 tdh46
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/21/2007 3:45:29 PM
If my suffering can bring you jow WD, then i guess i have not suffered in vain.
 tdh46
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/21/2007 9:58:46 PM
You guys keeping making fun of my pain, that's not nice.
 tdh46
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:36:17 AM
Oh i dunno tdh. maybe you should loosen up a little. learn from the experience. stretch those boundaries! you'd look very sweet in a little red dress".

There is that english humor that i know and love, But u are incorrect luv. I would look very bad in a red dress, thank god.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/22/2007 7:15:44 AM
ouch! I think Ive been dissed!
I didn't say it wasn't a good story..it was quite hilarious....kudos!
I just said I didn't believe it happened...that doesn't mean Im lacking in
mentality...it just means I can recognize a great story teller when I see one!

RadioMark
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2007 8:57:36 AM
Wow, and I thought I'd had some bad online dating experiences.

I think you handled it very well. Personally, I would've left far sooner, explaining honestly that I expected a woman and it was very dishonest on he/she's part.
 tdh46
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:03:35 AM
The guy obviously had some real issues, I saw no point to coming down too hard on him. If i am going to come down hard on someone i want to make sure they are mentally strong enough to handle it. This person was very fragile emotionally, what was there to be gained by ragging on him?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/25/2009 12:36:00 PM
Yeah we need 4 more pages of this garbage.
It wasn't funny or interesting the first time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > My date with the Drag queen.