Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > The 22 towns with the worst names...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Soanes
Msg: 7
The 22 towns with the worst names...Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Hey what happened to Pennsylvania?
Come and visit Intercourse, Pa.
just down the road from Paradise, Pa.
which in turn leads to Blue Ball, Pa.
Yup Lancaster County has it all.......
 Wottacatch™
Msg: 9
The 22 towns with the worst names...
Posted: 5/30/2007 1:13:04 PM
Maybe so Juicers ...but there is the city of co ckburn in Western Australia..

Co ckburn is one of the major Coastal Cities found in the state of Western Australia. Situated just 22km south of Perth, the State's Capital City, and 8km south of Fremantle, once the home of the "America's Cup" in the 1980's.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/3/2007 5:31:25 PM

10. Whiskey d i c k Mountain, Washington State, United States
As hard as America tries, it can't compete with Britain's high standards. This was a good effort, though. Well done, Washington.

<<<<<<<<<< from Washington

:))
Witchy
 Witchypoo
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/3/2007 5:39:16 PM
Phuket Thailand, pronounced Pu-ket, but not in my book.

Hilarious post OSM

Witchy
 captnjimbo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2007 7:14:51 PM
There's a 'Lick Skillet", Mo, USA
 MasterBart
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2007 10:13:17 PM
I guess it's too old to be funny anymore, but I still give credit to (ironically) the prostitute capital of the world...

Bangkok
 Equ1nox
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2007 6:47:04 AM
There is also a Town named Hell in either sweeden or denmark.

On a side note..
There is a road in Cardiff, Wales called F anny Street.
And there is a small village in wales called "Three C 0 cks"
And i even have a photo of my ex standing outside the "Three C o cks Inn"
 RDtoo
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 11:42:53 PM
Just wanted you to know that the "Midwestern Idiots" in Hell, Michigan would appreciate you plugging their town here. All these backwards country bumpkins have done is turn what was a just a gas station and convience store into a goldmine. Tens of thousands of people visit each year. Some to get married! Idiots? I don't think so.

Incidentally, Michigan is also home to one of the best named cities in the world, that would be Bad Axe, Michigan.
 noisy introvert
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2007 5:52:48 PM
How 'bout Come by Chance, Gin Cove, Nicks' Nose, Dead Sheep Cove, Friggins Cove, and those two bays, Conception Bay and Placentia Bay, the beginning and the end, me thinks! Oh, and Gayside...but those people changed the name of their town, wonder why? And of course there is a Paradise here as well. I know there are others, just can't think of them right now. Tickle Cove, that's another! I love the names here in Newfoundland. I visited a small town in the Ottawa Valley a couple of years ago called Playfairville. Must have been a lot of kids in that hamlet.
 Wottacatch™
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/24/2007 9:31:54 AM
Don't lets forget ...

"LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLLLLANTYSILIOGOGOGOCH".

In Anglesey North Wales
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/24/2007 9:46:50 AM
Yeehaw Junction . Oh by the way is there a Hershey Highway in Hershey Pa?? . Just asking lmao.
 Wottacatch™
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:48:26 PM
Onesimpleneed....No because the welsh police travel in twos...thats because the first one can't read and the second one can't write
 Wottacatch™
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/27/2007 8:00:19 PM
So what exactly does it mean?

Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio of the red cave.

To help you to understand how we get the translation above, here is a breakdown of the name and a translation of some Welsh words.

LLANFAIRpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio of the red cave.

LLANFAIR - St. Mary's Church. "Llan" originally meant an "enclosure", now "church" and is usually followed by the name of a saint, in this case St. Mary. There are many places in Wales beginning with this, another example is Llangollen which means "church of St. Collen (hazel tree)".

LlanfairPWLLgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

PWLL - This is the Welsh for "hollow"

LlanfairpwllGWYNgyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

GWYN - This is the Welsh for "white"

LlanfairpwllgwynGYLLgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

GYLL - This comes from the Welsh for "hazel" which is "collen".

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgoGERychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

GER - This is the Welsh "near" or "by".

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryCHWYRNdrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

CHWYRN - This is the Welsh for "rapid".

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrnDROBWLLllantysiliogogogoch

DROBWLL - This comes from the word "trobwll" which is the Welsh for "whirlpool".

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllLLANTYSILIOgogogoch

LLANTYSILIO - This comes from the words "llan" meaning "parish" and St. Tysilio.

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogOGOgoch

OGO - This comes from the word "ogof" meaning "cave" in Welsh.

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogoGOCH

GOCH - "Coch" in Welsh means "red".
 Witchypoo
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:41:41 AM

LLANFAIRpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Can you pronounce that phonetically????

Witchy
 Wottacatch™
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/1/2007 3:34:17 AM
Yes......THAT PHONETICALLY.
 theifoncross
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/5/2007 10:03:57 PM
Coogs.... you beat me to mentioning Cut and Shoot, but you forgot about Uncertain.
There is also Foleyville Texas... nothing very unusual about the name, but the population is 8. And yes, there is only one city limit sign. Deadwood is another Texas town. They have a sign that actually says "Welcome to Deadwood. Home of 101 very happy people and one old grouch!"
 jasmine71580
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/8/2007 6:37:06 PM
I've been to Seman, Ohio
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/9/2007 8:04:20 PM
Heres a bunch enjoy.
Gay Meadows, Alabama...Pea Ridge,Alabama...Beaver,Alaska...Dry Beaver Creek,Arizona...Gassville,Arkansas...Three Way,Arkansas...Weiner,Arkansas...Devils Den,California...Fort D i c k,California...Poopout Hill,California...Stoner,Colorado...Gaylordsville,Connecticut...A$$awoman Bay,Delaware...Middlesex Beach,Delaware...Hooker Point,Florida...Burning Bush,Georgia...Slickpoo,Idaho...Jugsville,Kentucky...Suckerville,Maine...A n a l,Marshall Islands...A$$inippi,Massachusettes...F aggot Hill,Massachusettes...D icktown,New Jersey...Hump Mountain,North Carolina...Buttzville,North Dakota...Bowlegs,Oklahoma...Satans Kingdom,Rhode Island...Hell Hole Swamp,South Carolina...Nipple,Utah...Virgin,Utah...Bumpa$$,Virginia...Spread Eagle,Wisconsin
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/10/2007 12:20:02 AM
Then I guess it's safe to say we Clevelanders are always surrounded by Beaver!!!!
 Thudpucker
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/10/2007 5:05:00 AM
Bumpass, Virginia
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2007 2:45:47 PM
I've never heard of Intercourse in Arizona but I did hear of a town called Intercourse in Pennsylvania.
 Thudpucker
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/10/2007 7:17:45 PM
Pahrump, Nevada -- (sounds like an elephant phart)
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2007 8:33:23 PM
Crappo, MD LOL..Maryland is pretty crappo!
 kitchensink
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2007 6:12:58 PM
French Lick, Indiana.

If someone from France were planning to a trip to the US, that sounds like a town
they'd not want to miss out on.
 thatguy276
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 11:23:12 PM
Pink, OK and Beaver, OK.

Beaver is up in the panhandle
Go South on Hwy 69 (yeah that sign gets stolen alot, lol) till ya find Pink.
Actually I think pink is further west, but there is a Hwy 69 that runs North and South through Eastern Oklahoma.

The dirt in Pink is actually pink, it's a mix between red clay and sand I think that gives it the color.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > The 22 towns with the worst names...