Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Are you still thinking Chinese women are submissive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WakeDan
Msg: 3
Are you still thinking Chinese women are submissive?Page 1 of 1    
thats true. there are a lot of vietnamese around here. and they all dress nicely. I don't think I have seen a vietnamese woman in sweat pants and wife beater at wal-mart. they seem to like to spend more time on their appearance and it shows.
 borhan9
Msg: 4
Are you still thinking Chinese women are submissive?
Posted: 5/29/2007 11:18:46 PM
This is soo stero typical its not the case u can get submisive and assertive women in any culture. Attraction depends on the eye of the beholder.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 11:57:17 PM
I imagine that Chinese women would also think he's a loser and similarly treat him like crap.

Just a thoery.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:35:55 AM
Its been my experience that Chinese and Japanese women that I've known have been far more respectful and respectable than a lot of American women I've known over the years.

But at the same time, they seem very set in their ways and have a lot of traditional values that they can't seem to fathom that its okay to escape from.

Really though, regardless of where someone was raised, people are people and as such, you can only generalize so much because in the end no two people are going to act and feel the same about things. You just have better odds of finding certain things in certain sub cultures.
 h0ldfast
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 11:45:06 AM
The Chinese women I've know are hard working, well educated and very feminine. I can't say that I found them submissive. I've never dated a Chinese woman, however, so maybe it's different in a relationship.

In my experience, the concern with developing a relationship with a westernized woman has nothing to do with submissiveness. The problem is that many of them have been programmed by feminism and women's studies with very negative views toward men. Any woman from a culture that views a relationship between a man and a woman as partnership, as a team effort, will have an advantage.
 misticspear
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:03:09 PM
Nah i know too many who are not, but they are gorgeous
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2007 11:58:58 AM
More submissive? No, I don't think so.

I have found them (in general) to be more respectful though.
Less prone to crassness and rude behaviour.

Admittedly, there are probably some people out there who see that as the same thing.

Personally, I admit to a certain weakness for Asian women.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Are you still thinking Chinese women are submissive?