Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > The worst cook you can think of.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JustKelly70
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The worst cook you can think of.Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Who do you know that is a bad cook and what was so bad about their cooking?
I'm thinking of my dad at the moment, It's not that he's a bad cook but he likes to experiment, And of course it does'nt always turn out well.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 2
The worst cook you can think of.
Posted: 6/1/2007 3:11:08 AM
raw chicken?...thats just wrong...
 junipermoon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 4:53:46 AM
my grade school principal, sister lorraine.

i had to stop by the convent on an errand one time. the woman had a cookbook out, looking for a recipe to make iced tea. i was about 9 years old and i had to show her how to do it.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/1/2007 12:40:36 PM
Well I think I have always been very lucky in choosing my friends and family, because everyone of them is a decent cook. That includes my brother who prides himself in not cooking but warming up things, LOL.

The worst meals though did have to come from the schools I attended. I am sure the people that prepared them were decent enough cooks but when you're throwing down institutional food, well...... like the hospitals...... the food stinks.

:))
Witchy
 JustKelly70
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 4:25:55 PM
One of the experiments I was talking about was when dad went shopping and saw shark on special. Hmmmm I never tried that..lol, Well he still has'nt, He cooked it on the bbq , which was a good thing because the stench was something fierce. Needless to say even he did'nt eat it.

Another time at the cottage, We have an abundance of fresh water clams that KNOWONE eats, Well dad had to try it. Again on the bbq. He did try it not sure if he swallowed though. It was'nt a pretty site. Hmmm maybe he should have steamed them.

Don't get me wrong he is a good cook and very sane, just likes to experiment.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 4:36:59 PM
Well, not a complete disaster ;)
 JustKelly70
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2007 2:33:34 PM
I must admit i screwed up Kraft dinner the first time I made it, We were camping, I was given some milk to add to it, I put it all in, was a bit milky.
Oh did I mention I was in grade 6 and it was a school trip..lol
 MercedesBoy007
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/9/2007 3:28:31 AM
My ex wife. She could barely boil water. She burned can veggies more times than I can remember!
 JustKelly70
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 11:52:55 AM
Lmao, Thats the best yet, Hope he's not a plummer using a torch..lol
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/24/2007 3:03:12 PM
our "team leader" is making quite the name for himself as far as being the king of pre-prepared food...i work as a cook in an adult drug/alcohol rehab and food is a big part of recovery...at our place money is no object when it comes to stocking the kitchen with food...yet duder boy insists on buying ready made heat and serve crap...
he made cupcakes the other day...they were...meh...passable...i asked him where he got the recipe...he said ..."i have it memorized"...i looked in the garbage can at the box of mix...looked at him and just shook my head
 JustKelly70
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 3:43:34 PM
Vanilla and fish???WTF was he thinking, Thats just wrong.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/24/2007 5:02:02 PM
my ex-wife is the worst cook I ever met. Everything was fried or cooked to mush, and no seasoning! Veggies had to be slathered in margarine. (yuck!)

Chicken has to be baked "at least an hour." (Can you say DRY?)

Steak turns into shoe leather and hamburgers into hockey pucks.

(although I do admit, she made good lasagna and stuffed shells.)
 Gee_m
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 5:33:05 PM
Me

I can burn water to a crisp if I'm not careful, comes from years of not being allowed to even look at the stove, let alone touch it. Trying to learn though.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 11:04:49 PM
lol, At least your honest Gee, I've had my share of mistakes, over cooking stuff that kind of thing, I recently over cooked a chicken, meat was ok but the skin and wings were pretty crunchy.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/25/2007 8:58:35 AM
My Mom.
She used cook carrots until all the water was gone and they started to burn.
THEN she just added more water and cooked them a bit more just in case any of the nutrients survived.

There was usually more food stuck to the bottom of a pot than was available to eat.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/25/2007 10:06:17 AM
keep in mind that people that cook in institutions hafta follow a dietary regime quite closely...low/no sodium...low/no sugar...no this...no that...
i do have a semi rigid dietary guideline at my workplace...its sorta institutional and we do have special need clients...i.e a fish allergy...two diabetics and one unfortunate that cant digest beef or pork...
but if our menu says chicken, potatoes and a veggie...we are pretty much given free rein as to how we prepare the chicken...
the other day the menu called for chicken legs and thighs...the "team leader" said make chicken stew...i opted for par boiling the chicken and doing them on the barbie...potato salad and a green salad on the side...
we had 12 clients...i made 90 pieces of chicken...
the chicken disappeared...
maybe too that some hospital cooks have been cooking there for so long they no longer give a rats a$$ about making stuff...i'm still new on this job so i havent become jaded yet...i also tell the clients..."today we have...beef...pork...chicken...whatever"...how would you like me to make it
 JustKelly70
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 11:05:02 AM
Fists, I don't think you would ever become jaded, You take pride in your cooking(job). Not many enjoy their job and it shows, I like what I do, So I put extra effort into making a customer happy. Two way radio installs and service is a bit different than a chef, When I do an install, I like to show the customer all options on where we can mount the radio, make it convienent for them and out of the way at the same time. Sometimes its a personal vehicle and I think if it was mine where would I want it.
I Work for a company with shop's all over nothern ontario, One in Tbay too. The newbies don't take as much pride in their work, I point it out and show them how to do it right.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/25/2007 12:38:00 PM
i take pride in what i do...i like doing it and i'm good at it...the job percs aint bad either...on a positive note...i havent had to do any major grocery shopping for my house in almost two months...
 susieq2007
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/25/2007 4:23:19 PM
Well, my mother was a great cook except for one thing - her fudge. IT was HORRIBLE. It was hard as a rock. She'd then cut it into these rectangles with SHARP HARD CORNERS.

I have taken to calling it Chinese Throwing Fudge.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:45:22 PM
i'm trying real hard to hold my tongue here about the amazing number of people that cook meat...roasts...birds...what have you...in wayyyyyyyy too much water..."but it makes the meat tender"...(it also leaches out any flavor)...
i wont mention any names but someone i know was going to do a prime rib roast ...resting in water...covered...in a slow oven...i almost fainted...
sure meat must be tender but it also needs texture...i dont WANT the turkey meat to fall away from the bones...if i want a boiled chicken...i'll make soup...if only people would swallow a bit of pride and stop insisting they know everything there is to know about cooking meats...and read up on what kind of roasts should be cooked slow...covered...in water...etc etc...the world would be a better place...
ok...i'm done ranting...
 JustKelly70
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:08:57 AM
I boiled a roast once, Only because it was frozen, Had company coming over so I was in a rush. I saved the water it was boiled in then added the left over roast and some veggies, Made a great soup.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:24:41 AM
That is mommy, My flight leaves in an hour, Whats for dessert?
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:39:59 AM
25 hours???? go out and buy a cookbook
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:01:49 AM
to each their own mommy2...
anyway...back on topic...
our "team leader" at work...while he does have his chefs papers...and he has been sacked from every restaurant in town...is not that great a cook...a few of the things he does make...(when it behooves him to rattle a pot)...are acceptable...
but in a feeble attempt to impress the boss lady that hired him...decided to impress her with...(yawn)...chicken kiev...frozen ones to boot...long story short...boss lady...knife and fork poised in attack mode...getting ready to slice open her chicken...puts the knife to the meat...GOOOOSH....out bloobs a streamer of hot butter...right in the eye...i dont think she was impressed...
 want to travel
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:20:54 AM
...lol that would have to be my mom and ex
my mom was 20 years younger then my dad ,and she wanted a career, so they both had to learn how to cook, by dad did my mom didnt, my ex, called take out cooking .lol thank god i can cook
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > The worst cook you can think of.