Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Poor POF date...who is raising these guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 4
Poor POF date...who is raising these guys?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
who is raising these guys-
who raised you to try to hook up with a 20 year old
virgin-
Really - stick with what you know-
 1knight1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Poor POF date...who is raising these guys?
Posted: 6/2/2007 4:36:23 PM
?? why did he have a "tent pole" in your house?????????????
were you guys going to build a Teepee or camp out side ??????????
what ever happend to, hey bring your own beer.
now its bring your own tent pole too.?????????

kids these days ???
 bucsgirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/2/2007 5:49:27 PM
"This is really a novelty!!!!" Apparently he didn't like getting treated like an object, seems the novelty wore off for him pretty quick.
My youngest is a 20 y/o male. I can tell you if he were thinking about going to a 36 y/o woman's house that he didn't know I'd certainly tell him what I thought about it.
My son gets told all the time he's too nice and sweet for his own good. Something else we've also discussed. He's a loving and polite young man, I don't think he'd be the least bit interested in anyone not in his age group.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:56:23 PM
"You(33)"

"Hmm..being in my early 30s"

Her profile says 36. Not splitting hairs, but apparently numbers are a concept the OP hasn't mastered yet. Early 30s isn't 36, that's at least at even past the mid-range. 35 being the absolute middle.
She asked him over because she practices karaoke at her PC. Not a bad thing, apparently she's defensive because she was told she isn't gifted vocally.
So many red flags, but some are just comfortable in their delusion and denial.
It's everyone else, not them, couldn't possibly be. Some people's mirrors are terminally cracked!!
 JWA
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/3/2007 2:56:03 AM
Eldubu says it best I think:

OP: I'm confused...
You're "working on a promising one", yet you dated a 20 year old 2 weeks ago.
You seem to be a tease.
He probably left because you freaked him out.
Or he was embarassed at having a "tent pole".

You're weird.

Besides the BS in this otherwise boring and unnecessary post I also wonder WHY she posts about this NOW?? It was supposedly a few weeks ago, she has a new fool on the hook but yet she questions who's raising people today?

We have a guy who ran into a chick with not too many boudaries and he decided to bolt in what was slightly less than a "coyote ugly" situation and she's griping. Oh well----he COULD have said outright he found her somewhat less than desirable in real life and been rude in that way but then we'd have to listen about that, too!! LOL

Some guys just can't win with some chicks. Hope your new guy realizes what a gem he's found!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/4/2007 1:23:35 PM
Like we're meant to buy that you wanted to "just see what happens"? Now that is funny.

He obviously felt like getting the hell away from you for whatever reason.

I'm glad his desire to get deflowered didn't stomp on his good sense. You rubbed him the wrong way (PUN)... either way.. I think he made a fantasic decision to leave.
 harviej
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2007 2:06:50 PM
So how is that new budding relationship going for you OP?

Your question is who is raising these guys, is that right?
Like a 20 yr old you bring over for some nooky is supposed to know what the "ettiquette" for that is?
I didn't know there was a rule for how to behave when you are breaking social conventions.

My question is not who is raising these guys, OP, but who the hell are you raising? What sad or nasty story are we going to be reading about in the future?
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:02:39 PM
But OP, don't mind all the morally correct women here who are blasting you for trying to score with a 20 year old. They would all do the same thing if they had the opportunity. I can guarantee that!!!

Pass.. been there, done that when I myself was 20.. so no thanks.

Think it's fairly obvious that he passed her up. For a supposedly 20 yr old virgin, I think he's wise.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/4/2007 6:17:51 PM

Chip highly doubt that this was the case.

I think that my point was pretty clear. Twenty yr olds were only of interest to me when I was a 20 yr old myself.

Now they're not.
 floridaman4u
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2007 7:07:35 PM
whos raising these guys lol your 30 trying to deflower a 20 year old man .. think about it ... rude or shy ..btw you mentioned smoking that is a major turn off ..maybe ?
 JWA
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/5/2007 5:01:25 AM
/\/\/\/\

LOL Three Dog Night, the vocal group, did a cover of a Hoyt Axton song called "Mama Told Me Not To Come" which fits Nen's description perfectly!!

Anyone else notice this OP hasn't returned in a while???
 AStableWoman
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 3:12:36 PM
"Please explain why I feel the urge to vomit?"

I feel as you do! Sorry but I think OP has a problem. I could sum it up in a couple of one word sentences but won't.
 OneBrazenGirl
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/10/2007 4:39:32 PM
I would think someone who is implying that they, themselves, have ETIQUETTE, know how to spell the word.
 JWA
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/10/2007 4:55:04 PM

oyt Axton song called "Mama Told Me Not To Come"

Um, not to be a wise guy, but that song was written by Randy Newman, first recorded by Eric Burden and the Animals in 1967, then by Newman in 1970. Then by 3 Dog Night.

The Hoyt Axton cover was Joy to the World.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Not at all ESE----seems my musicology was amiss!! I must have listened to the wrong Casey Kasem program one day huh?? LOL

Thanks for the clarification!!

Where'd this bimbo OP go---out for another round of floosie Karoke???
 betterlate
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 5:19:35 PM
I dont want to sound harsh, but a virgin male, no matter what age may have just been nervous, then to hear a tone deaf, old nasty chain smoking, drinking phedifile insisting on manners may just have been too much for him to stomach.

Normally I wouldnt say a thing, but I doubt, like others that this guy was 20, he was probably sixteen or seventeen. Why not leave the children alone? Stick to people your own age... geeze.. and giving him alcohol, he is not legal to be drinking out of your dirty glasses... and I bet you cant sing, just because you "were" in a band doesnt make it so. Havent you seen Idol???? more than 100% of those losers think they can sing too.

Why not wait until they are raised, legal and leave them alone when they run away from you!!! Good thing I didnt want to sound harsh!!!
BL
 AStableWoman
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:54:31 AM
I have a feeling OP is MIA because she doesn't like the response she is getting. Hey, she asked for it!
 AStableWoman
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:58:44 AM
Betterlate, I love it! lol Ya...good thing you didn't want to "go off". But you did put it so eloquently. Thank you!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/24/2007 4:19:07 PM
"I am not a nut" I don't recall a post saying or insinuating that.
You had a date that didn't turn out as you expected. He took off, yes, bad manners and not good form. Many have bad dates, and get stood up and walked out on.
He knew your age, you knew his. I think what's ironic is your telling him to grow up. There's guys that are much older that do the same thing, would you tell them the same?
I think what most object to is not the bad date story but the "who is raising these guys" bit. An indirect insult to his parents, that's totally out of line, IMO. I'd just guess that you were reacting and not thinking about what you wrote.
You used some strong words and got the same in response. I don't know why that seems to either confuse you or think people hate you because of it. Again, hate a very strong word.
I'm just writing this to hopefully cause you to think about what you write before you hit "send". I don't like or hate you as I don't know you, but certainly wouldn't feel from this thread alone you're a bad or evil person.
My youngest, a son is 20. He tells me about every girl he's interested or been interested in since he was in grade school. If he were in the same situation, and asked me what I thought I'd tell him. I'd also tell him that as an adult it's up to him to make his own decisions but I am thankful that we can talk and he does seek out my opinion. He's done things before I've advised him against, but it hasn't damaged our relationship. He knows I still love him anyway and I don't judge him for doing things he knows I don't approve of. He knows I'm there for him, always no matter what.
And yes, I am responding not just as a member but as a parent of a 20 y/o male. I don't think it's right to insult his parents when you don't know them. The hair on the back of my neck stood up when you called him a novelty. Also incredibly insensitive.
I'd just enourage you to think about how you're referring to people and to think twice before throwing out an insult about someone you don't even know.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/24/2007 4:20:02 PM
"I am not a nut" I don't recall a post saying or insinuating that.
You had a date that didn't turn out as you expected. He took off, yes, bad manners and not good form. Many have bad dates, and get stood up and walked out on.
He knew your age, you knew his. I think what's ironic is your telling him to grow up. There's guys that are much older that do the same thing, would you tell them the same?

I think what most object to is not the bad date story but the "who is raising these guys" bit. An indirect insult to his parents, that's totally out of line, IMO. I'd just guess that you were reacting and not thinking about what you wrote.

You used some strong words and got the same in response. I don't know why that seems to either confuse you or think people hate you because of it. Again, hate a very strong word.

I'm just writing this to hopefully cause you to think about what you write before you hit "send". I don't like or hate you as I don't know you, but certainly wouldn't feel from this thread alone you're a bad or evil person.

My youngest, a son is 20. He tells me about every girl he's interested or been interested in since he was in grade school. If he were in the same situation, and asked me what I thought I'd tell him. I'd also tell him that as an adult it's up to him to make his own decisions but I am thankful that we can talk and he does seek out my opinion. He's done things before I've advised him against, but it hasn't damaged our relationship. He knows I still love him anyway and I don't judge him for doing things he knows I don't approve of. He knows I'm there for him, always no matter what.

And yes, I am responding not just as a member but as a parent of a 20 y/o male. I don't think it's right to insult his parents when you don't know them. The hair on the back of my neck stood up when you called him a novelty. Also incredibly insensitive.
I'd just enourage you to think about how you're referring to people and to think twice before throwing out an insult about someone you don't even know.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/24/2007 5:39:14 PM
You're totally right, his leaving wasn't common courtesy and not the right thing to do at all. The idea was a novelty, then sorry I misunderstood that. You're a braver woman than I am, I think I'd honestly be terrified to be with a virgin.
When you post a thread it's hard to predict how people will respond. I've had nasty responses myself and been called all sorts of things. I just take it in stride and brush it off, don't take it personally. Noone here really knows you, so it's the opinion of strangers.
If my son walked out on someone first off I'd be surprised. But I can guarantee and he'd tell you it wasn't because of how he was raised. Like I said he's done things before and finally admitted becasue he knew it was behavior I wouldn't approve of. The thing is that he knows I'll love him no matter what.
Well hopefully you won't let this deter you. There are some wonderful people on this site and lots to learn. Even at my age...haha I learn from my kids all the time and from many others.
I hope you keep posting and enjoying the forums. And someday be blessed to find someone wonderful to share your future with.
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/25/2007 8:00:37 PM
all I can say is YUCK this woman needs thats just my 2 though
 Seavoyage
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:04:33 AM
My ex-girlfriend smoked. I didn't care that much, though I prefer a girl who doesn't smoke. But if you are a go who is a virgin and haven't had some action, what the hell are you thinking just walking out and talking about the smoke and the voice. No wonder he's a virgin. He doesn't know how to deal with women at all.
Obviously, his old man didn't teach him what you need to say to women...
 Todd817
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/27/2007 3:28:05 PM
maybe he woke up and realized he did'nt want to lose his virginity to a washed out, see you next tuesday, barfly
 mustloveurself
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2007 10:55:01 PM
Lmao.....I thought this may be one of the funniest things I have ever read on pof! Thanks.
 Hot Buttered Soul
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/29/2007 2:14:09 PM
I can't believe people start these threads airing out their laundry. Like is this your way of calling your date an A$$ in front of everyone.

Yes the situation sucks... but someone like that should hardly merit enough consideration of an after thought, let alone starting a thread...

don't sweat it... move on...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Poor POF date...who is raising these guys?