Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > raw / live food diet.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tass08
Msg: 13
raw / live food diet.....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

now if I could only find a raw vegan man....
Here you go, veganluv ... really good recipes, and cute and charming too. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg2rianeNj8
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 14
raw / live food diet.....
Posted: 9/4/2009 6:08:26 AM
JW I agree. Not only do they look like crap they seem to have a very odd "energy" about them. We all have our opinions on diet and supplements but they tend to lecture people all the time especially in public. Kinda like nut cases if you ask me. They have no muscle mass. If they do they are closet meat eaters. They still actually (some of them) have high body fat. It to me just looks tragic and unhealthy. I have met a few...and ....no thanks.
 tass08
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/4/2009 6:19:49 AM

We all have our opinions on diet and supplements but they tend to lecture people all the time especially in public.

LOL yeah you don't lecture people at all.

Kinda like nut cases if you ask me.

Pots and kettles.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/4/2009 10:40:12 AM
TAS ^^^Boo fkn hoo I say it how it is. You just do not like it. Lecturing and posting in the forums are two different things. Get a pic and grow up. Talk about pots and Kettles. You do not even show yourself. Wonder why. The forums are here for these reasons. Would I nail someone in pulic about it? Not unless asked. Now go eat a steak and chill out. Don't hi jack forums, just e mail people if you have more issues than National Geographic. Good grief. Are the forums not here for debate and comment? Duh.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:55:09 PM
COVERED...do not worry about my diet. Worry about yours. Get my drift??? The Hairdresser is >>>>>>>>>>>> that way. Lord have mercy. Lack of protein.
 richmama
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:02:00 PM
More information can be obtained from "QiGong.com"
Jeff's raw food smoothies are great. very healing
 satx78218
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 1:22:35 PM
"mass-produced meat is loaded with steroids and antibiotics"

A more subtle problem is that cows evolved eating leaves (of grass, low-carb, non-fattening), not seeds (corn, high-carb, fattening).

Corn and other grains/seeds are "cheap" (if you exclude water and chemical costs) so they are used to fatten livestock on a high-carb diet for slaughter only a few months after birth.

The high-carb corn diet whacks the cow's omega-3,6,9 balance towards pro-inflammatory omega-9. Grass-fed beef and dairy actually are a good, healtful source of anti-inflammatory omega-3. As carbs are to humans, carbs are acidifying in the cow's gut, creating an unnatural chemistry where the dangerous form of E.coli thrives.

The total-life-cycle of industrial beef production may not be, is probably not, sustainable due to the huge amounts of water and chemicals and huge areas of that must be farmed to produce a pound of beef, with those chemicals running off into rivers and the oceans. eg, the destruction of the Chesapeake Bay, one of the wonders of the world before modern farming got going, and the dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico created by the Mississippi (farm/petro) chemical sewer.
 satx78218
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:38:56 AM
"extremely thin"

Absolutely, or compared to the current, average overweight/obese Americans?

If you look at pics and newsreels from the 1950s, I bet you would say a large number of Americans were "extremely thin". Thin/lean wasn't a problem then. It's not a problem now. It's actually the solution now. :)
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:02:23 PM
I actually loved being veggetarian for a couple of months but after a while it just became too much work to try and get a balanced diet and my food choices were just too limited. That and eating 2000-3000 cals of veggies is nearly impossiable for me at least.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > raw / live food diet.....