Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is too old to have never experienced love??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AwP
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What is too old to have never experienced love??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Too old to have never experienced love is when you're dead. Even really REALLY old people can fall in love in the nursing home.
 User_Error
Msg: 4
What is too old to have never experienced love??
Posted: 6/7/2007 7:39:57 PM
i'm 31 and still looking...
 NMKeith74
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/7/2007 9:09:14 PM
OP: Your still young, love will find you.
 AwP
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2007 12:44:03 AM

Apparently AwP and I are channelling the same brain tonight.

I need it back by tuesday, but you can have it next weekend.
 prolibertate
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/8/2007 11:27:05 AM
OP, I never experienced really being in love until I was 37...I *thought* I was in love several times before that - once for 8 years; but when I really fell in love with someone, I could tell the difference. You're not too old to not have fallen in love yet; there's no set age for it...it happens when it happens.
 Karl the Hermit
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2007 10:24:56 PM
39 and have never been in love with someone who was in love with me... and vice versa... does that make sense?
 Seavoyage
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2007 7:45:59 AM
What is love? It's relative. I felt I've loved someone in the past. But what did I really know? It is not so much about the number you're at, because love is not about keeping score, but rather having a quality relationship with someone. If you have one, consider yourself blessed.
 Paintswithlight
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/8/2014 10:24:10 PM
I'm 60 and have never been in love. I really wanted to but just was never lucky enough to meet the right girl. I'm still looking though!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/10/2014 10:27:34 PM

usually by the time most hit their 20s they have at least fallen for 1 person in their lifetime..

That's mostly "in lust", not love.
 basilisk123
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2014 10:56:54 AM
I am 32 and I don't think I ever experienced what love is unfortunately. I never met anyone who wanted me for me. I was always a substitute for something or someone they were lacking. I could never form a full connection with someone because I knew this.
 Maleman999
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/11/2014 3:44:43 PM

Many people have lived their lives and died without having the experience of romantic love.

So that explains the phenomenon of zombies wandering around-looking for zombie love to make for not having living love. I bet even as zombies, guys would get shot down, with female zombies saying stuff like: "I'm looking for someone with a cuter rib cage, your spinal column doesn't appeal to me..."
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
after you give up
Posted: 9/11/2014 5:07:12 PM
watch those zombie chicks--they can cost you an arm and a leg.

Most people will claim 20 yr olds don't know what love truly is. if that's the case, then love must come at an older, more mature age. but is love something you feel, or does it have to be returned by a person in order to actually experience it?

First time I spotted a candy apple red over gold base Olds 4-4-2. that was reciprocated love. I only ask for two things from a car, and she could do both--sound like she ran, and ran like she sounded.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is too old to have never experienced love??