Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Suggestion: "Keywords" Section      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MetamorphoseIII
Msg: 1
Suggestion: "Keywords" Section Page 1 of 1    
Unlike some other dating sites, there isn't a real "keywords" section; some people use the Interests as one, but not everyone. Thus, it would be useful to search for all profiles in a given geographic region which contain a given string within the "About Me" section (or the "First Date" section, for that matter). Would it be possible to add that to the Advanced Search?

Incidentally, just search Google doesn't work; it apparently doesn't index everything. I would like a solution provided by PoF.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 2
Search within the about me section?
Posted: 6/8/2007 12:30:53 AM
For now, this is as close as it gets:

{} inurl:"plentyoffish.com" = Find a User

"something in particular" inurl:"plentyoffish.com" = Search for something in particular.

Related Links:Search: Current Limited Search Options
Search: Google Advanced Search

MetamorphoseIII
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/9/2007 4:50:11 AM
If I wanted to use Google, a better search would be as follows:

site:plentyoffish.com -inurl:forums "old [preferred gender]" "city * * * * [state]" [search query]

(Varying the number of asterisks in the city line may be necessary.)

Anyway, this still fails to narrow down the age or the region (beyond the state level). Plus, how often does Google spider for new profiles? How would it even find all of them, is there some sort of master list? This is the sort of search the developers of this site should be writing for us, not one we hack out of Google.
 Coachgeo.
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 7:22:06 AM
Putting my vote in for Keyword Search. thru any country or countries.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:41:11 PM
Putting my vote in for Keyword Search. thru any country or countries.

Related Links:Basic Search: Country-Wide Search/Search by Postal Code
Search: Google Advanced Search
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Suggestion: "Keywords" Section