Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > sleepwalking...doing strange things while asleep!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Ram
Msg: 1
sleepwalking...doing strange things while asleep!!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
we all have dreams....some sleepwalk...some sleeptalk....
has anyone had or heard of anything truly strange to do with sleepwalking??

ive been a sleepwalker for years, intertwined with my dreams...luckily i dont have any psycho or sex dreams....!!!!!!!
but the other night i had a dream of running through a jungle, chased by gun-toting guerillas...fell and broke my ankle...then woke up....
the next morning i could hardly walk...now, i cant walk due to the swelling!!!
this is a true story!!!

anyone have any other stories??

marleymae
Msg: 2
sleepwalking...doing strange things while asleep!!
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:14:57 AM
That is just too funny! Sorry to hear about the ankle ram but I just have these images of you hooning through the house, holding an imaginary gun, fighting off those geurillas!!
 anniez28
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:17:11 AM
I have woken up a few times in the past year with the 2 rings I wear all the time in one of my hands or on the side table and once across the other side of the room!
They are not rings given to me by my ex but I think it could be the whole divorce thing!
 atalia
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:21:11 AM
One of my exes got up in the middle of the night and threaded his sheets through the venetian blinds then went back to bed hehe, about the only real talent he posessed.
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:38:13 AM
Look, I have african-safari type dreams every now and then but I don't even wrinkle up the sheets. How I slide in to bed I slide out... One night I won't make it from the light switch to the bed and collapse face down on the rug.

I used to go bush for work once upon a time with a guy who spoke to his wife in his sleep. Loud and clear, like talking on a telephone. Especially when he drank Rum, and we had Rum, carnation milk and pear halves (with a sprinkling of sugar = yum) for dessert every night... Poor bloke rolled his swag a long way from the rest of us but it still had us roaring with laughter... ...poor bugger.
 Kat.66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:43:28 AM
Iforgot to take off my horses rugs on one evening and that night I dreamt I had actually taken them of...
In the morning I had actually separated the quilt from the quilt cover!
Wish I could do all the house work this way.
Just think of all the possibilitys???

As far as the ankle is concerned Id be careful with that behaviour....
what if you had dreamt you were strangling snakes in the jungle........the mind boggles.

Were you in the army by any chance?
 The Ram
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/12/2007 10:35:56 AM
No, i wasnt in the Army....but i did have past life regression therapy, and it seems i did fight the Nazi's in WWII......if you get into that stuff.....

and my ex, used to wake me up, by just talking to me...
she used to get great enjoyment from asking me all sorts of questions while i was in this hypnotic state...!!!
 Chrissy~61
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:12:28 PM
I rarely dream.. if i do...I don't remember anything about them.

Maybe with some of the above postings I'm happy I don't dream lol

I have heard that it has something to do with not able to fall into a deep enough sleep. Anyone else heard this?

in bloom
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:20:59 PM
Yep Chrissie, that's what I just got told too, that you dream when you are in REM, or rapid eye movement sleep, and the more time you spend in that state of deep sleep the more you can recall your dreams. I hardly ever remember mine either, but a couple of weekends back I remembered my dreams 2 nights in a row, and got really excited.

Everybody I mentioned it to said "they must have been good dreams then" - but they weren't, just ordinary everyday things going on . The good bit was remembering them so clearly after that being such an infrequent thing.

On another thread there is a mention of nicotine patches and the kind of dreams they give you, and I gave up smoking back in March, but damn, I'm almost willing to try the things just for the dreams.
 drew0054
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:44:32 PM
If I don't take a sleeping tablet every night, I do have disturbing, awakening dreams and I am told I talk in my sleep as part of it. I have tried to stop the tablets but after about a week, I'm so tired and mucked up, that it's not worth it.

I do have some very nice dreams (sometimes) in the morning, just as I am waking up.

Drew
 SergeantOz
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:12:44 PM
I saw on a show recently where someone got into their car and drove down a freeway in the USA in the middle of the night in their sleep attire and arrived at their work.

A good mate's brother is a cop and he used to do his questioning in his sleep - we used to answer his questions and laugh at what he said in response to our answers.

I once came back from a job o/s and was so tired I had 2 sleeping tablets (all we are allowed) and fell asleep for over 24 hours ......... some of those dreams were so real that I had - I swore I would never take anything again to make me sleep.
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:17:57 PM
My partner says I am a bit frisky in my sleep...hence no camping for me. Thank god I used to sleep in one-man tents back in the day. I wouldn't want to be accused of sexual harrassment in the army
 atalia
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/13/2007 1:08:10 AM
Heres the ex again He had a friend over after a late night clubbing, and ended up sleep walking into his mates room thinking it was the loo, and stood over his bed..........yep his mate got out of the way just in time
 serenex
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/13/2007 2:21:01 AM
Im a person who gets very disoreintated in their own place have often got out of bed half awake run into walls and tripped over
 atalia
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/13/2007 5:06:14 AM
Yeah but have you ever tried urinating on your mate in your sleep
 Purple4
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/13/2007 6:04:37 AM
My ex used to order beer in his sleep......?

And when he woke up?

And when he was sober?

And when he was drunk?

And when he was happy, sad, angry, disappointed, frustrated, ...........

I shoulda listened to the sleep talk.........
 Robbbyg
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/14/2007 1:13:17 AM

Yeah but have you ever tried urinating on your mate in your sleep

hahaha you did this??? poor guy, what happened next? did you blame it on him in the morning???
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/14/2007 2:02:19 AM
I got married in 1998.

I'm pretty sure I must have been sleepwalking when I did this - because no one who was fully conscious would have thought that was a good idea...
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/14/2007 2:03:30 AM

Im a person who gets very disoreintated in their own place have often got out of bed half awake run into walls and tripped over

I don't need to be sleepwalking for that to happen
 Robbbyg
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/14/2007 2:21:32 AM
When i was very young i used to sleepwalk and mistake the Kitchen bin for the Loo,,,

Oh wait , i was awake last week when that happened

atalia
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/14/2007 3:53:48 AM
Na robby I have a fire bladder, it was my microscopic ex......... though it could have been a plan
 SidewaysMari
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/15/2007 7:00:27 AM
I have terrible night terrors. I can have full conversations, eyes open, acknowledging the whole bit but have no idea at all. Ive wandered outside in the middle of the night escaping a bomb, woken up entire households with blood curdling screams of fear to the point where Ive lost my voice. Ive had spiders in the bed, on the bedside table, the roof falling in, crushed under cars and trucks, intruders through the windows, brass bands playing in the bedroom, clothes stuck in rocks during a rapidly rising tide, tipped over furniture, smashed bedside lights, the room flooded and the classic one of all time I have even made the bed with my x partner in it and only woke up pulling the dooner up over him.

I found that chocolate was a hell trigger for it (no more hot milos on going to bed) and going to sleep way too quickly too so a good half an hour read before sleeping helps that or listening to the radio whilst dozing off. Stress doesnt help either so I try relaxation, exercise, diet and if Im going away places just a mild natural sedative as swearing and cussing and cursing at top note in the middle of the night doesnt endear you to anyone. It is frightening to find yourself awake in the middle of the night gripped to the point of hyperventilation sweating profusely and in the depths of fear. Then just as quickly as you found yourself there......your asleep again.

I dont take any illicit drugs and have no diagnosed mental health issues. Im a shocking insomniac and sleep much better through the day than the night and work shift so that helps. I dont drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes from time to time.

My dad was a sleep walker and talker and Im worst at it when Im stressed. I was chronic for a 14 year relationship then when it ended so did the night terrors. A new relationship started and so did the terrors. I now live on my own and have been alone since January and I have had 2 episodes in that time. I have had them 5 times a week when at their worst.

Put it this way, Im glad I have a sticky front door and Im a great party trick to take along on sleep overs..........

BluePatch
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/15/2007 7:20:41 AM
"doing strange things while asleep" Sure do, I post on internet forums.
 luvtapleese
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:43:24 AM
YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS BULLET PROOF AND DIDNT LIKE TO BE TOLD ANYTHING, I WAS STAYING IN AN OLD PUB IN BALLARAT, VICTORIA, AND THE OLD BAR TENDER AND I GOT TO KNOW EACH OTHER QUIET WELL OVER THE FEW WEEKS THAT I WAS THERE . ANYWAY HE TOLD ME A STORY OF A MATE OF HIS WHO GOT BURIED ALIVE IN A CAVE IN , THAT NIGHT I WENT TO SLEEP AND DIDNT THINK ANYTHING MORE OF THE STORY.
THAT NIGHT I DREAMT THAT I WAS BURIED ALIVE IN A COFFIN, I SCREAMED AND CLAWED AT THE LID,GETTING FRANTIC I STARTED THROWING MYSELF FROM LEFT TO RIGHT AND BASHING ON THE LID OF THE COFFIN. I WAS WIDE AWAKE, STRUGGLING TO BREATHE, AND ON THE VERGE OF HYPERVENTILATING THE STRANGEST THING HAPPENED.
THE OLD BARTENDER HEARD MY CRIES IN THE NIGHT AND CAME TO INVESTIGATE, UPON OPENING THE DOOR, I FREAKED AND BOLTED PAST HIM AND TRIPPED OVER THE BED,.. I HAD SOME HOW GOT OUT OF BED AND LOCKED MYSELF IN THE WARDROBE..ONLY HAVE BUILT IN ROBES NOW.
 cuda64
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/17/2007 4:22:52 AM
I have alot of strange vivid dreams........i could swear i was there.....it's no wonder i wake up tired.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > sleepwalking...doing strange things while asleep!!