Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Met someone on here.. no reply in a while.. need advice.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 5
Met someone on here.. no reply in a while.. need advice.Page 1 of 1    

As for you, don't sit in front of the computer waiting for her to reply. Find something else to occupy your time

I second that! who knows - maybe her PC crashed. Could be a number of things.

"A watched pot never boils!" Good luck.
Met someone on here.. no reply in a while.. need advice.
Posted: 6/18/2007 2:42:53 PM
I'd give it a little more time before you start panicking ~ I agree that she may have just taken an extended weekend...family emergency....work...who knows? it's purely conjecture at this early stage..

or, she might have sent you fake pictures, and now feels guilty ~ you certainly wouldn't be the only guy/girl to have had it happen to them

keep it on the positive side for now, and get creativguy to double date w/ you when you find the two 'proxies'
 namakao
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2007 6:57:38 PM
Hi there. Having been through this online process a couple of times, I find a little patience helps. But I also find that sometimes you have to take a chance and push the envelope and ask for a response one way or the other.

I did that in two situations, and both had good outcomes. Basically, I figured I had little to lose if the response was negative and much to gain if it was positive. My email went something like, "this is my last shot at this. Here's what I can offer. Here's why you should want to pursue this. Here's my contact info. " I find more communication is likely to be more effective than not enough.

good luck.
 prolibertate
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/21/2007 10:31:18 AM
OP, if it says unread, they're not deleted. Maybe something happened to her computer and/or she hasn't been online; maybe she went away, and/or is just waiting till she has enough time to reply back rather than sending a short note. It's agoo didea not to flood her inbox, but if you really want to meet her, send her a short note mentioning that and then go from there.
 sultryeyes77
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/14/2007 7:46:12 PM
My advice is not to contact her again,,,

Perhaps the book "he just not that into you"

Its a basic concept that probably works for men as it does for women

I know its hurtful and rude for someone not to be upfront and honest,, and tell you they arent interested or they didnt feel the connectionk, but something should be said,,

Its only common courtsey

Good luck to you
 Double Cabin
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 9:39:20 PM
Dude, I think I'm meetin' her and her cousin Nadine for an overnighter to Dunanda Falls next weekend?

If you have no other means of contacting her then I would say "thanks for being kind enough for the gift of your time" or something of the like. You are young. I assume she is. You have much life ahead of you. The right girl for you will be the one that stomaches your honesty sooner than later. May you be happy young man.

Edit: Read on. It's not" coo"l dude. Get thee to the real world.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Met someone on here.. no reply in a while.. need advice.