Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > i freaked myself out...and now im single again...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 5
i freaked myself out...and now im single again...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sure, go back to him. Tell him you are sorry, you freaked out, you still have feelings for him and you really want him back. Tell him u were too scared to say anything when you picked your stuff up.

Good luck. Sometimes good people make bad choices (even by accident)
 ~Juggernaut~
Msg: 7
i freaked myself out...and now im single again...
Posted: 6/18/2007 7:49:34 PM

am i gonna have to suck it up

That would probably be enough,My personal favourite type of apology :P
 curlygrl
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/19/2007 7:22:30 AM
You were drinking -
You messed up.
Alcohol and words do not mix sometimes. You found that
out. You are not comming across as desperate. You made a mistake.
Explain to him how you feel just like you are here- alcohol stupidness and
all. He will probably see it as we all do here. A mistake on your part.
You have no clue what to say - yes you do. Say what is in your heart.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2007 8:27:07 AM
OMG...that could so totally be me, if I was about 10 years younger; the guy I'm hanging out with now sometimes doesn't call me for a day and I start making things up in my head; I just NEVER let it get to that point, where I do something drastic.

Usually by the time I'm chalking it up to being over and me moving on, he calls and it's like nothing was ever wrong...because nothing ever was, I was just a freak for a while but was lucky enough to be able to pull my head outta my ass and not screw it up by texting "Are you avoiding me?" and the like...

You have two choices call him and talk it out, or get over it; if it was me, I'd call.

Fry
 Dee4166
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2007 2:03:33 PM
Yup...THIS I just don't GET!!!!

How do you "accidentally" break up with someone?!?!?!

Sounds like you need to learn how to communicate in a BIG way!!!

I was just in a situation with someone who was unable to communicate what was really going on with him...and in fact, actually seemed to say the TOTAL opposite of what he was really feeling...

It's REALLY confusing when a person does things like that...I understand that sometimes it takes time to figure out what we may be feeling, and I KNOW that it can be difficult to say the least to tell the "truth" to another person, but the reality is that the fallout from NOT doing those things is waht you're dealing with NOW, my dear....

Where a few simple words COULD have easily made this a "one-day-we'll-laugh-about-this-together", kind of deal, you've now created a MUCH different ending...

Hope you'll remember the cost of this the next time that you find yourself in a similar situation....
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/19/2007 5:07:20 PM

I guess all you can do is write a heart wrenching email,

Screw the e-mail. Make him (don't buy it) a card, write down your honest feelings, let yourself be vulnerable. Maybe a little dab of his favorite perfume would help too.
Take it to his place, and maybe attach it to a teddy bear or something... nothing big, maybe something symbolic... and leave it for him. Maybe you can drop it there before he gets home from work.

Email is too impersonal, and there is no time invested in an email - or even a phone call. Actions speak louder than words, so if you think you can show him why you care, and what he means to you, I expect he will have a more positive response than if he had nothing tangible to remind him of your love for him.

Re:
i have had issues with alcohol in the past

Have you ever seriously considered a 12-step group? If it is something that has affected your life negatively, and you find it's still an issue despite the negative consequences, such a group might provide the kind of feedback and support that could help to improve your life. It might sound extreme, but it really isn't...
Personal change speaks my feelings the loudest. There's nothing like a good dose of humility to help change one's life...

Just my perception. Good luck...
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/19/2007 5:52:11 PM

can i still do this if he asked to be friends for now?

You CAN do whatever you want. You might want to make the tone a little more platonic, maybe reminiscent of the good times and a wish that they had not ended, especially this way. Tread softly. Let him know that you want to relationship to continue, make whatever changes you WANT to make that might be a positive for the relationship as well as for you, and give him the space he needs. Just keep the fire tended from time to time.

But hey, this is also coming from a two-time loser... so take it with a grain of salt. I see some good advice through the thread (as well as some heartless jabs.)

To err is human. When I screw up (and BOY have I screwed up over the years) I commit to learning from my mistakes. Life goes on.

Peace.
 WakeDan
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:30:58 AM
forum_freak....it kind of sounds to me like your guy doesnt have a lot of self confidence.

if i woke up in the morning and say my gf had changed her online status to single, i would call her up and say 'what the hell is this?' then you would say 'im sorry, i clicked it by accident, nothing is wrong'.......

but he just went 'oh, well' and changed his to single also....he didnt even try to see what was wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > i freaked myself out...and now im single again...