Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What do you do to your hotdog?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 charliemcsd
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do you do to your hotdog?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Gotcha beat. Me electric grill at my shore house in New Jersey has been going since the first week in May!!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 10
What do you do to your hotdog?
Posted: 6/21/2007 12:23:55 PM
Onions and ketchup. Maybe cheese.

Nothing else.
 Naughtical
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/21/2007 12:42:55 PM
I'm kinda a snob about my hot dogs......must be all beef.
My favorite way to cook them is to wrap them with bacon (secure the ends with toothpicks, just don't forget to take them out before eating...ouch!) and cook on the grill until the bacon is done. We call them "wrapped weiners", I love mine with cheese.
 alijoe29
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 1:32:18 PM
The outside charred, and on the bun I like butter and then just a little bit of mustard. Don't knock it till you try it!! Very good combination!
 JustKelly70
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 1:41:55 PM
Why is it called a hotdog anyways?, Have to ask patricia...lol

I like mine bbqed or cooked over a fire, perfect when your camping, Mustard, Dill relish, Ketchup , And onions.
I wanna be an oscar mayer wien.....Never mind lets just
 rexwood
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 1:56:14 PM
i like the big dogs charred with the bun toasted a little mustard and relish and onions damm now im getting hungry for dogs but going out for dinner tonight i guess i will wait till tomorrow
 Lario
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 2:39:13 PM
Errrr... that's a bit personal don't ya think???

TheresMyFriend
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:37:48 PM
Well, after reading all the replies...no one mentioned the "slaw dog"! Little ketchup, mustard, slaw... great!

Mudgurl
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:54:22 PM
Ok, I think I have you all beat, have you ever tried peanut butter on your hotdog, its great, I love it, since I was a kid. Sounds gross I know, but there is just something about the way it melts on the HOTdog and the two flavors go so well together.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 4:19:22 PM
Hmm, Peanut butter eh? I'll have to try that next time I have way too much to drink..
 JustKelly70
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2007 7:30:29 PM
Salsa And cheese I like that Idea, I was waiting for sauerkraut to come up, Not a fan, Rotten cabbage..lol, JK, I just never liked it, But I'm sure many do. I have a sauerkraut Soup recipe if anyone is interested.
 nycrickette
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 11:53:21 PM
Zweigle's pop open white hots, with almost anything on them, or bare naked. Love chili dogs, with grated cheddar, or saurkraut and mustard.

Snyder's used to put out a chip called Coney Island hot dog, and it really did taste like a hot dog with ketchup and mustard, though I would rather have the actual hot dog.

I always grab for the most charred dog, and boy, I love a toasted bun. Looks like we're frying up some dogs for dinner tonight.

My aunt always bought those fakey looking red colored hot dogs, and boiled them. Blech, they tasted like hot dog water. Who does this? Blasphemy, I say. Might just as well boil a slice of bologna and throw it 'tween slices of white bread.

Oh well.

Here's to a great dog with your favorite fixin's.
 Park_Guy
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:52:30 AM
Hotdogs seem to go in everything!
Mac n' Cheese with chopped up hot dogs...
Maple brown bean s with hot dogs...

But a close cousin to the hot dog can't be beat! A grill roasted Kielbasa dog on a toasted sausage role with Nacho Cheese, Sauteed onions, ketchup and mustard... Well, at least in my opinion it can't be beat.
My kiddo's on the other hand prefer the cheap dogs on the small buns with ketchup, I think there still might be hope for them...
 Dovelett
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 1:14:13 PM
Chili Dogs coming down over the side of steam bun with lots of raw onion on top n Kosher dill pickle on the side. Pst Chili dogs have no beans and made with cloves-nutmeg-allspice- n withe others ingredients I use. YUMMM In fact the reciped is under Hot Dog shoppe in Butler, Pa. that is now closed but had the best there was. The shoppe opened in the late 50's I believe.
BUTLER PA - THE HOTDOG SHOP Sauce

http://www.recipelink.com/msgid/1431885

although I remember using 3 lbs. of meat that it had 1 T. of nutmeg and 1-2 T. of allspice and only used 7 ozs. of Heinz.

This makes a lot n can be frozen. The shoppe was always full. Would go home to visit and that was the first stop we made. The steam buns with the sauce was unmistakeable. PIPING HOT and the gravy sauce was not runny runny nor thick thick but stuck to the bread n meat with great seasoning.
 whatsallthis
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/27/2008 11:41:41 PM
I grew up eating hot dogs in West Virginia. We have a strange way of eating hot dogs. A hot dog with everything includes chili, onions, mustard and cole slaw, and perhaps catsup.
I have traveled all over the country, and WV is the only state that I have found where people use slaw on hot dogs. I have been partial to chili-cheese dogs lately.
 whatsallthis
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/28/2008 9:14:34 AM
I think the cole slaw probably did arrive in lieu of kraut, which I als like on hot dogs with relish and mustard.

Today, however, is going to be the chili cheese dogs. I am heating my chili as we speak. I was served a cheeseburger with slaw on it once and rather liked it.
 Fifi47
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/28/2008 10:53:45 AM
I like an all beef hotdog on a soft bun, covered with chili and slaw plus a bit of onion. Or with ketchup, mustard and saurkraut.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 1:21:45 AM
..I've been known to deep fry a hot dog...You can get them just warm..or charred black if you want. I'll then slap them on a grilled bun...buttered and dusted with garlic powder. Line the roll with a slice of cheddar or colby...top with onions and mustard...and a little pickle relish...Oh buddy that's eatin'..LOL

..When I have franks and beans..I just have to wrap my dog in a bun..and then top with sliced cheese, mustard...and a generous dose of those beans...all the better when there's some bacon from the beans with them...Heaven... :)
 Naughtical
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/29/2008 7:10:02 PM

I hose him down and give him cold water. I wish he would quit chasing those darn squirrels.

Okay, seriously...there was some talk above about sauerkraut. Pretty popular to put on your hot dogs here, I don't like it...however:
I was in a bar once for Monday night football and they had sauerkraut and hotdogs in a crock pot. I was starved so I fished one out and put it on a bun and it was delicious...I like the flavor it got from being cooked in it.
 texasbaby
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:24:05 PM
I like Nathans Beef franks with good Texas chili, cheddar cheese and onion, on an egg roll.
But, the best hot dogs ever were the ones my brother and I roasted on a fork, over the gas burner of Mom's kitchen stove. What a heavenly smell!
When it was all crispy and brown we'd put a squirt of French's mustard on a slice of white bread and stuck the hot dog in.. Now, that was a good hot dog!
Anyone else ever do that?

tb
 mykidsmama
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/31/2008 11:40:01 AM
Hmmm, well I'd rather have a smokie, but if hot dogs are a must, they have mayo, cheese slice, and bbq sauce! Sometimes hot banana peppers, depends on the mood lmao
 Samantha44
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/31/2008 3:58:25 PM
I would throw all that crap in the garbage and serve something far more nutritious....
 texasbaby
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2008 5:06:03 PM
Cultured worms???? Well, hon, I hate to break it to ya, but you've probably eaten lots worse in your food.

tb
 Dovelett
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 8:13:25 AM
Tucson, Arizona serves wild n many different great hot dogs
grilled on grill
Some with salsa
Black beans
Some chorizo
Mustard
Smoked tomatoes
Red onion chopped
Chunks of prickly pear cooked
On a hot steamed bun

Fluffy bun warm or steamed
Cooked southwestern beans
Chili
salsa
Mustard
Mayo
onions

some wrapped with bacon n sprinkled with garlic over bacon grilled with all and any trimmings ...

they all sound but are awesome..
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 3:14:10 PM
To be honest - throw it away. Haven't eaten a hot dog since grandad told me how they were made and what was in them. I'll eat brats, polish sausage, cart sausages or other types of sausage on a bun.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What do you do to your hotdog?