Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Waiting so many days to call      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 manlooking407
Msg: 1
Waiting so many days to callPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Someone tells me that the key to winning over a woman, even though women might deny it, is that after you get her number, wait about a WEEK to call her.

Now I know that some of you heard this "Waiting period" is the key to winning someone over...but does it really apply or does it reek of "Game playing"

Though I see alot of personal ads that say, "Tired of playing games", it doesn't mean she's not going to play games with you, she's just "Tired of it" lol

(Two part post here)
 manlooking407
Msg: 2
Waiting so many days to call
Posted: 5/3/2005 12:42:54 PM
"mind games and BS like that Dont win me over. If you want to call, call dont wait a week cause you think it is cool "

Well, contrary...that's what women say....what they mean....well.......
 manlooking407
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/3/2005 12:54:48 PM
"Well I say what I mean so "

Hm, well, depends on the person....somehow I don't think a woman who squeezes her boobs in front of the camera for all to see, can be taken seriously.
 Raven34
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/3/2005 12:58:20 PM
Games, games, games....the online dating world is a fickle place.....for a lot of us gals (and I am sure guys can relate to this as well) if we haven't heard from you in a week we take that as you not being interested.....and where one fish isn't interested another fish will be. I'm not sitting on a shelf waiting for someone to decide whether he wants to call me or not. Life is too short for BS. If you are interested SHOW IT and don't be sitting on your hands wasting time. Because I can pretty much guarantee you while you are waiting for some silly time line some other person who knows what they want will have picked up the phone. This goes for both sexes.
 manlooking407
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/3/2005 1:00:45 PM
Oh, I have a pic....just not on this account. ;-)
 discover
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/3/2005 4:58:33 PM

... if we haven't heard from you in a week we take that as you not being interested.....

That's the way I see it. I would not wait a week before calling someone I'm interested in. I may call them 1 or 2 days from when they give me their number, but anything past that and I'm going to email her and let her know.

Doesn't have to be a long conversation either. Sometimes a simple "Hello, just called to see how you're doing" is really all that's needed. :)
 who_the_fox
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/22/2005 7:14:00 AM
If you wait a week to call me, I assume you aren't interested.
 javalover535
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:32:08 PM
The first chance I am back online...I say thank you! Seems like the proper thing to do....according to Mom!
 Bookbelle
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:45:55 PM
Meh, no way am I waiting a week to call someone/for someone to call me.
I personally see it as kind of "game playing", and can't stand these things, eg "wait this long before you call (/back)" etc...
If I like someone, I'll call them now, not wait for them to call. Why waste time? I'm not spending a week waiting for a phone call if I like someone now.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 2:09:23 PM
LOL I do not sit by my phone waiting for it to ring. I am way too busy and active for that crap.

Yep, that's basically my way of seeing it too.
Do the people who advocate this idea of waiting so long to call think I actually have no life or something? I don't sit at home all day singing/listening to "build me up buttercup"
 sockknitter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:13:59 PM
Ummm... if it all went well in your eyes.. why can't you ask her/him when to call?

Is "So, when can I call you? Can we see each other again?" so difficult to ask? Maybe I just tend to be direct as I don't understand game playing and it boggles my brain. But I am guessing if you get a genuine smile and a shine to their eyes after you ask, it is a safe bet you can call the next day.

If someone did not call me for several days to a week, I would think I was on the 'culled list', or if you did call me a week later, it was as you had no other prospects for the weekend dating scene.

~ Sox
 autogal
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:25:33 PM
Wait exactly three days
first day : too early
second day : needy
third day great
 Bookbelle
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:12:30 PM
Nah, three days is too long for me. I'm young and impatient
Besides, calling a guy basically as soon as I had his number got me a date for the next morning. I tend to think that if he didn't want me to call, he wouldn't have given me his number (that goes both ways actually - if I give a guy my number, then it's because I want him to call me).
Meh, I don't bother about supposed "rules", eg the guy should always make first contact etc. If I like him, I'll call him; he could have found someone else in three days.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Waiting so many days to call