Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Life expectancy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Celticmist
Msg: 6
Life expectancyPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
it says it in my profile. I would like to drive thru the Rocky Mountains at least one time and see all that majestic beauty up close and personal.
 moraima
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 6/24/2007 1:10:47 PM
I too want to give more back, and will work in my own way to do so.

The one thing I would like to do is to spend six months a year living in a country that neither my government or their government would allow, so that I can continue to give to their people, and get back all that they gives me. I will continue to work on a way to get through all the red tape. I could marry a native, but a marriage of convenience is something I could never consider.
 Ron9
Msg: 15
Life expectancy
Posted: 6/24/2007 1:21:12 PM
I want to hear the roar of the crowd one more time. Even if I am the only one in the crowd. At one time I made a ton of money - those days are long gone ... but.

I have worked my fanny off for the last four years getting set up for ... one last hurrah.

I also want to win the power ball jackpot and see Jennifer Love-Hewitts bOObs (naked and in person).
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 6/24/2007 2:19:17 PM
I have packed a lot of life into my soon to be 55 years. Some of it has been good and a whole lot of has been not so good. I would like to go sooner rather than later. I am ready to go now and it's just a waiting game for my number to come up. I guess the old saying that a watched pot never boils is true.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 6/25/2007 12:38:14 PM
[quote ] For the over 45 people, and even moreso the over 55 people, current statistics I have found say that the average life span is 77.5 years. As you cross the line into your 50s, your life is 2/3 over of those statistics are accurate, and averages usually are since they are factual.

I plan on living to at least 130.

This thread topic reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they all do volunteer work and are assigned a senior citizen to pal around with.
The guy George is assigned to is so disgusted with George's negative outlook he fires him.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 27
Life expectancy
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:37:17 PM
One of the crappier parts about getting old for me is that I KNOW I will never achieve things physically that I had potential to achieve when I was young.

I was tall, super fast, and very very athletically endowed. But now I'm old and can't seem to get into shape any more, and so my dreams are more along the lines of "settling in" rather than "accomplishing". Being content more than dominant.

I'm not sure it's BAD, but it is bittersweet for me.
 jackster121
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:12:12 PM
This isn't something I want to do, but I want to beloved when I leave this earth. That is it. Just be loved.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 31
Life expectancy
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:40:24 PM
Mine is to make mad passionate love in the rain...never got the chance to do it.
 Diadora
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:47:10 AM
Accomplished my top 3 things..... and lived to tell about them.
What do I want now?
A clean organized basement/work area.
Another, longer trip to Italy.
Find a LTR.

I have put them in the order of what I have most control over.....
 moraima
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:42:04 PM
When my late husband died at the age of 38, I learned first hand to do it all now. If i die tonight, I will die having done everything that I have ever wanted to do. Sure I would like to have at least another 20 years to enjoy life, but if not, I am already satisfied.
 Jumbie564
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Life expectancy
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:47:30 PM

Now please don't start in about how your Uncle John lived to 99. This is about averages.

Okay, I won't. I will tell you about my mother, who died at 42, and my father, who died at 52 - both of health-related illnesses.

That said, I don't think in terms of things I want/need to do before I die. In fact, I never think about dying. I think about living. I think about living until at least 100, and possibly longer. While I'm thinking about living that long I take steps in my life to increase the odds that I'll live that long - one of which is to not think about dying.

So, I'm going sailing. I'm going to sail around the Bahamian Out Islands, and if I get bored doing that, then I'll find other places to sail. When? I don't know, I've got plenty of time to figure it out.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 38
Life expectancy
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:28:18 PM
Ah. I expect to live right up to the very minute I die. Till then, I hope I keep dreamin' up new stuff to do, see, feel, taste. Got a helper now, who thinks it's as fun as I do. Life is good.

Brownlady1953
Msg: 41
Life expectancy
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:54:55 PM
I want to find that special man and we can run off to Italy together, never to return to these shores...

But if I DON'T find that special man, I AM GOING TO ITALY BEFORE I DIE!
 professora
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Life expectancy- ride a motorcycle
Posted: 1/20/2009 9:30:40 PM
My last desire...to learn to ride a motorcycle. am currently taking lessons :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Life expectancy