Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > just gave up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DebnTN
Msg: 3
just gave up Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I agree with Smiling! I will say this as being a BBW, that I feel at times men only want barbie! Yet if you look like SHREK think again darlin cause Barbie only wants Ken. I give up every week on finding some1, yet here I still am. I am NOT asking for some1 to pitty me or nothing, nor do I want a man below my standards. Because we all have our own standards. And for any1 thats looking for the "perfect" person good luck on that, because no1s perfect!
 Ratzlaff
Msg: 6
just gave up
Posted: 5/31/2009 5:06:07 PM
I am on the verge of just giving up. I really do not know what the woman are looking for. Just remember there are men out there that ended up with little to show for years of marriage,as there are women in the same boat. What is wrong with a person that appreciates the other person,treats them with respect, does things together and really does look toward the inside. In my experiences they are playing dating black jack. Normally if you have 17 you would stay. Some women would have 20 and take another card just to see if there is anything better. This goes for men also. Take the 17,you could be a winner.
 iSeal
Msg: 7
just gave up
Posted: 5/31/2009 6:56:01 PM
Until I stumbled on this thread, I thought I was one of the only ones.

I know what you guys mean. I've been rejected by every single person I've approached. It's not like I target 18-year old supermodels either - I'm more attracted to normal blokes who seem to have a good head on their shoulders.

I really don't get it. It's not like I do the single-line "hey" message, or include any perverted /offputting thoughts. At best, I'll see that the message was read and deleted. Sometimes, it'll be the "unread deleted." To add insult to injury, the person read my profile - so what does that tell me? It tells me that I'm the problem. Especially when it happens every time.

I'm really on the cusp of giving up. I'm 24, and I've never even had a girlfriend. It's funny too, because every time people try to say reassuring things like "you'll find someone" I just don't believe it. Mostly because its told by people who, by my age, were married and had children.

I'm the problem. After two years of being on here, this site made me realize that. I guess I should be grateful.
 SoulTYPE2
Msg: 8
just gave up
Posted: 6/1/2009 6:02:55 PM
What a load of nonsense, seacool.

I'm not in the least fussy. But I have found that women are VERY shallow when it comes to looks. They're fine to talk when I do not have a picture up, but as soon as I show them a pic...they suddenly "disappear" or "lose interest". EVERY single time.

I'm at the point where I'd be happy just, for anyone to message me lol. Sad, I know, but out of the 3000+ women I have messaged, I do hope at LEAST 1 will have the decency to talk :)
 Sexyangel17
Msg: 9
just gave up
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:19:49 AM
This isnt the best site to meet people. Facebook and nexopia are way better thats how i met my current bf.
but anyways.... This site isnt really working for me either. Just a load of over exaggerated B.S
Dont really need it.
 JoeiR
Msg: 10
just gave up
Posted: 6/3/2009 7:15:20 PM
thankyou....I agree with sexyangel. It sucks more than suckers can suck
 alan_50501
Msg: 11
just gave up
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:39:15 PM
thissites done nothing for me since i joined
 YeshuasWarrior
Msg: 12
just gave up
Posted: 6/5/2009 12:21:51 AM
I want to say that my heart goes out to all of you (((Hugs))) ...

I'm rejected for the fact that my body from the neck down isnt perfect anymore, I had children very young to the wrong person and it messed me up bad, which I cannot help, and also left me with a weight problem with my metabolic system that I'm still fighting ...

Every time a male has contacted me, it's the same paradox.. I get upset because know it's coming around again, because I'm 100% honest in everything, I end up having to tell them about me physically and some health issues...poof they're gone again :( like they never have any problems and why should those of us be stereotyped when anything can happen to anyone at any given time...

So no male wants me, because they can't look beyond the outside to see who I am on the inside.. you would think that a male would want someone who is faithful, honest, devoted , loyal, trustworthy,loving, affectionate, intelligent , funny... but they don't...

Well may God have mercy on all of us , and grant us the one who doesn't look on the outside of a person as He doesn't and who will love us and be faithful to us.

Love To All
 YeshuasWarrior
Msg: 13
just gave up
Posted: 6/5/2009 1:24:21 PM
This is what I'm trying to convey manforrent.. you shouldn't even have to feel that way about your hair loss... I understand how you feel...

People have to stop looking at the outside of other people... thats not who they are... it's just a covering for the real person inside...

I understand what your saying about being hollywood picture perfect ... I used to wish that all the time.. but thats where it's at... thats not love ... I was one of those from age 12-17... and during the time I was a bodybuilder.... don't have the time atm to go into the details .. but can tell you of how everywhere I went males wanted me but that was lust not love..

Lust and love are diametrically opposed to each other... look at all those movie stars how many of them look so called perfect even and yet they still cheat on each other and flit about to however many partners...

This world has it all backwards :/
 YeshuasWarrior
Msg: 14
just gave up
Posted: 6/5/2009 1:25:55 PM
Correction Thats "NOT" where it's at... missed that important word there
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 15
just gave up
Posted: 6/6/2009 12:26:02 PM
I entirely agree with manforrent. Peachycream's tripe indicates how much daytime TV she watches...

and we are the ones that are EXPECTED to bend and change our lives....for THE MAN!!!...

No, US MALES are expected to bend over backwards for what> for.. you women to just sit there cultivating messages from us guys? And not reply?
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 16
view profile
History
just gave up
Posted: 6/9/2009 1:07:23 PM
Pretty negative thread here. It's understandable when people get on here expecting to meet someone of the opposite sex and find only rejection.

I figured my chances on this site were slim but that came from experience on a paid site. To me, this is more like a lottery. It's not wise to invest too much hope on the slim chance of finding the right person but I still play the game. Like the lottery ticket, its not so much the chance of winning as it is to feed the dreams of what could be. The reality is that most lottery tickets are worthless and rejection without response on POF is the norm. I worry that people put too much hope on this medium and don't open their eyes to the real world.

The lottery does have one advantage: The numbers on the ticket are real.
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 17
just gave up
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:43:27 PM
They say there is someone out there for everybody

Exactly. They say there is someone out there for everybody. This theory hasn't, and never can be, proven correct.
 tprw
Msg: 18
just gave up
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:03:08 AM
Almost just gave up....

I have only been on this site a few months but am also very disoluioned.First it is very hard finding someone geographically,and then there is that CHEMISTRY..
Met 3 guys nice enough but did not resemble their picture and no chemistry.
Finally ,I met someone l was interested in and yes lots of chemistry . He had listed as looking for Dating .After a few dates l realized something was wrong . He would only see me throught the week ,with no explanation . When l pushed for answers and asked directly if he was seeing someone else as well he admitted that he was .
I felt so used . I slept with this person because l was genuinally interested in him and thought he felt the same . He tells me he does not want any relationship just friendship. Does that mean guys looking for friendship are wanting just sex no commitment and no relationship .YUK> How shallow.
Beware girls if the guy is advertising for friendship , They neglect to put with fringe benefits .

BURNT
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 19
just gave up
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:15:12 AM
here we go again.

So now, all guys on here who are just looking for friends JUST WANT SEX?

Nice.

I'm too tired for this bullshit tonight lol.
 DJRANZ
Msg: 20
just gave up
Posted: 7/10/2009 1:25:33 PM
I am starting to feel the same way.

I try to be a nice person, and I try to talk to women here, but women on here reject me and say "you're not my type" before they even get to know me.

My profile is only a brief summary of me. No one even bothers to dig further.

It's starting to get to the extent where I am about to say "What's the Point?"
 vapeninsula
Msg: 21
view profile
History
just gave up
Posted: 7/10/2009 4:40:38 PM
Not all women, but many obviously don't realize the effort that many men put into this, simply because men do the chasing and women do the choosing. Many don't understand the constant rejection faced by most of us after sending out hundreds of emails on various sites trying to get someone to respond and just at least exchange some emails. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen women post how they get hundreds of emails a week. How many of you men here (and be honest) get hundreds of emails a week? How about a hundreds over six months? How about ten in a week...how about one in a week? How many of you pay for your membership? I know I usually do, occasionally I don't. You know how many times I've seen woman admit in their profiles (on various sites) that they don't have a paid membership? Now I've gotten some replies on this site from some nice ladies, but nothing promising yet. We'll see.

In general I don't know the answer, but something just doesn't seem right or just.
 Catali75
Msg: 22
just gave up
Posted: 7/11/2009 5:14:59 AM

simply because men do the chasing and women do the choosing.

Now that is the most accurate statement I have heard for a while.

I sent[/i[ a hundred messages just this week. From that batch, 89 got Read/Deleted.
3 were kind enough to reply saying "thankyou for your interest, but no thankyou".
another 5 were simply "Read", while the remainder were well, I won't relay the content.
I have not [i[recieved
a hundred since 2003.

Mind you, these 100 messages I sent were merely a simple greeting, followed by basic questions of interest in their profile.
 music_man1966
Msg: 23
just gave up
Posted: 7/11/2009 6:02:25 PM
Most of the women on this site are full of crap, they are very shallow... They only want hot fine looking guys that make alot of money, alot of them are flakes that like to play stupid games and alot of them are bullsh@@@@s .......
 Catali75
Msg: 24
just gave up
Posted: 7/11/2009 10:46:26 PM

they are very shallow

An understatement. When the first thing they go via is your photo, it 's a worry.
Don't be fed that "oh I want to see who I am talking to" garbage...they base whether or not they want to talk to you on this.
 100 percent alberta beef
Msg: 25
just gave up
Posted: 7/17/2009 2:28:46 AM
That's pathetic dude - you are a good-looking guy - I see guys way uglier than you getting with hot chicks all the time..and guys like me? Well, I thought I would do well on this site but really haven't found anyone I'm interested in. I don't know why it doesn't work for you - maybe try offline - I am going back to that as I can meet way hotter chicks who have good personalities in real life around the University and so forth.

These women will never get with anyone because they have standards that are way too high and because they don't live in the real world.

Some advice to the ladies - if he's really hot - and you're not - he's most likely a player looking to score some easy tail - and you make it so easy so why not? I know I have those options anytime I want, but I don't use them cause frankly I don't need the drama. So if you're a chick that's maybe a 5-7, go for the guys within that same range - take a chance and you might end up being happy otherwise you might be alone for ever.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > just gave up