Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > creme brulee      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 1
creme bruleePage 1 of 1    
i googled this and tried it after hearing all the yip yap about it...it is stone simple to make and quite tasty...there is sure a lot of hype surrounding it tho...
heres a copy/paste of the recipe i used...

8 egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated white sugar (for the caramelized tops)

Preheat oven to 300ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick and pale yellow. Add cream and vanilla, and continue to whisk until well blended. Strain into a large bowl, skimming off any foam or bubbles.
Divide mixture among 6 ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a water bath (large pan filled with 1 or 2 inches of hot water) and bake until set around the edges, but still loose in the center, about 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in the water bath until cooled. Remove cups from water bath and chill for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days. When ready to serve, sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of sugar over each custard. For best results, use a small, hand-held torch to melt sugar. If you don't have a torch, place under the broiler until sugar melts. Re-chill custards for a few minutes before serving.

i made it as directed...the only difference being that instead of custard cups...i used aluminum foil tart holders
to anyone that is nuts about creme brulee...give it a go...oh yeah...i did not quite get the full effect because i couldnt wait for them to cool down ...so i never added the sugar on top and browned them...but the taste was definitely there...its so easy to do a child could make this...use real vanilla tho...i am now using and have been for almost two years now...real vanilla...enjoy...

Witchypoo
Msg: 2
creme brulee
Posted: 6/26/2007 4:35:15 PM
I have a whole book of recipes for that tasty stuff. Haven't made any of it yet...... to busy trying to keep my butt size acceptable. I will give it a try though it does seem rather easy. The big plus is.......... the torch action. I adore fire, LOLOL.

Oh and..... real vanilla A MUST IN ANY KITCHEN!!!

Thanks for the reminder fist.

:))
Witchy
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 3
creme brulee
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:05:37 PM
lol...thanks random...i was thinking for a split second about using milk instead of whipping cream but then the name kinda popped out at me...creme brulee..."burnt cream"...so i hopped in the car and picked up a half litre of the stuff...
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > creme brulee