Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How does one avoid putting sex on a pedestal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prolibertate
Msg: 9
How does one avoid putting sex on a pedestal? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
DarkStorm...nice posts!

Sure sex should be taken seriously in a relationship as a way of sharing love. But there are times that sex can be totally animalistic. That is sex just for the sake of having sex. Hey, why not? :)

I guess it all depends on how one looks at sex...some, myself included, see it as something you only do with the one you love, whether it's making love or having sex with them...while others see nothing wrong with having sex with anyone who's willing...and that can be when they're not in a relationship, or when they are in one. IMO, if one looks at sex as 'just for the sake having sex' I'd wonder if they're the type who would have sex outside of their relationship because 'it doesn't mean anything, it's just sex just for the sake of having it'.
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 11
How does one avoid putting sex on a pedestal?
Posted: 6/27/2007 6:17:59 PM
Man I thought this thread was about having sex ON a pedestal. A bit acrobatic but with the right woman....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/27/2007 6:40:38 PM

but whats so special about sex really

If you have to ask, you need more information than a post in a public forum is going to net you.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/28/2007 10:26:23 AM
but we are all mammals..people love tio place themselves on a 'pedestal' so far above all the other animals..which of course justifies chaining them, absuing them, killing them

when you get down to it we are all friggin' animals, look at the behavior of people as it really is when they are loose from civilization..'civilized' US soldiers raping & killing 12-year old Iraqi girls, etc.
 innocentantic
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2007 10:35:24 AM
Two answers:

1) Have sex on the floor in front of the pedestal. Knock the pedestal down during sex. Include the pedestal as mobile furniture and then blow it on the pedestal.

Sorry... the guy with the "blowing it... blowing it" post made me do it.

2) Look for more than sex. When you're just out looking for sex you look like a vampire to women. Look for some other value to intimacy with another person, or go look for sheep.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:16:15 PM
Any worthwhile sex would be pedestal worthy...don't know why this thread has been dead for a while, but would make a good debate!
 windloverr
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:59:40 PM
Never tried a pedestal! Try the dining room table, living room floor, or stairwell!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How does one avoid putting sex on a pedestal?