Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > User Names - Attract Or Repulse?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 2
User Names - Attract Or Repulse?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Sxy, Sexy, hot, hottie, 69, etc.

Parts of names that make me think they're full of themselves or only keen on sex.
 crittersitter
Msg: 6
User Names - Attract Or Repulse?
Posted: 6/28/2007 1:09:32 PM
Sometimes the headline is the turn-off.
For example:
'Normal' ( such as it is) user name but headline is "Looking for NSA Sex".

This is slightly off-topic...I beg your indulgence
 joseph229
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/28/2007 2:06:08 PM
From what ive read, the few ive met its just hard to know, some are just playing word games, so anything with sexy, sweet, honey, lover,,,,ect ect or princess ive been shocked to see their pic, i think most have MAGIC mirrors or just wishfull thinking, Never give them a look 90% of the time, one gal i met had (sweetOneTo 69 ) as a heading, you can just Barf thinking what she had hidden under sweaty folds of Skin,,,,,,,,

Rod from IL
 Christian seeks Christian
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/28/2007 2:20:47 PM
yes sexyfunnychubbyguy, you could not afford me, I am very high maintenance. I and millions of other women like to eat three meals a day and enjoy our indoor plumbing. I hope your 'low maintenance' woman likes living in the woods, with no convieniences, no indoor plumbing, and with no money, lol. Pathetic loooser guys who put 'seeking low maintenance' woman scream with big red flags they want a woman who will give them free no strings illicit sex and free entertainment while the lazy no maintenance guy refuses to do maintenance work or take out the garbage, etc, the guy seeking a low maintenance woman, just farts, sits on the couch , and picks lint out of his navel while eating cold pizza, all while living in his mommies basement. Red flag = any guy seeking a ' low maintenance woman' = Pathetic loooser and parasitic cheapskate selfish leechen male, so avoid, see more on pathological males at www.somespam.site, to learn how to spot patho loosers.
Queen says a woman will not accept a creep or a low life or less then excellent treatment or be anyone's doormat, princess says a woman has self respect, a prince of a guy is a man who knows he is a good man, and a King of a guy, well, that is what I seek. Christ was the true King, a gentle King, who served God and all.
Guys who use sex or sexy or 69 or 666, or hot stud body, are just testosterone imbalanced men telling the world they are sex addicted std ridden clueless socially inept perverts. I delete emails from males who have sex in their headline names. Perverts and predators look for low maintenance low self esteem depressed women, hard luck cases, to prey on and exploit. I advise all to read www.somespam.site to learn to identify online parasites and predators, so they can avoid such looosers.
Names mean a lot, learn to spot the red flags early, to throw back the rotten fish, see www.somespam.site and read true lovefraud stories and lovefraud blog to spot and out-ed the creeps, liars, robbers and cons.
Happy Fishing
 Karrpilot
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2007 3:28:08 PM
My screen name is a pretty straight forward. I am a private pilot. But if there are any ladies out there that can figure out what the first 4 letters mean, you will win a free flight. Applicable to local ladies only. And only those who do not get air sick. I hate cleaning up a plane.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/28/2007 3:52:50 PM
Anyone with '666' in his username is on instant ignore. If I can block him, I will.

Devil's advocate... (pun intended...)
What if someone was born in June of '66?

MILF - Mom I'd like to... fornicate... <--- a little less crude than the commonly used phrase
Personally, I think there is WAY too much emphasis on what a username 'means.' Yes, some are dead giveaways. I think I would avoid names like
SugarDaddyWanted,
GimmeYourCash,
Luvem&Leaveem,
gimmethehouse,
TakeHim2theCleaners, etc.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2007 7:28:02 PM
Like someone else said, you can really see the level of a person's maturity. I won't contact anyone with "420" in their name. How old are ya? 15?
 whatagirlwants07
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/28/2007 7:58:02 PM
I agree...anything with (69) stud,player, hotrod,shaft, ( how ever many inches)...yeah like if you had 10 inches you'd have to advertise that?
Balls,Well hung,Throbbinforu,magicstick,onenighter,fasteddie,badboy.sirlicksalot........I could go on and on and on...............

woobytoodsday
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/29/2007 12:21:38 AM
I hope your 'low maintenance' woman likes living in the woods, with no convieniences, no indoor plumbing, and with no money, lol.

I like it just fine, dear. Thank you for your concern.

Off-topic content removed. Thanks to those who remained on topic ~ YaYa
 kywindwalker
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2007 8:21:51 AM
fter i thought up my username sveral months later somone told me there was a movie with the same name...still havent seen it or heard of it from anyone eles
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/29/2007 8:58:57 AM

Pathetic loooser guys who put 'seeking low maintenance' woman scream with big red flags they want a woman who will give them free no strings illicit sex and free entertainment while the lazy no maintenance guy refuses to do maintenance work or take out the garbage, etc, the guy seeking a low maintenance woman, just farts, sits on the couch , and picks lint out of his navel while eating cold pizza, all while living in his mommies basement.

So THAT's what low-maintenance means?

Msg #12 gave me a headache.

you women take ages to think of them im sure of it!

Nope. I have a list of cute names I've thought of or seen somewhere or that are from books, movies or songs.

One of the nicks on the list is Toilet_Duck. I don't know where I saw it, but I like it. I'd have used it if I hadn't seen my current handle on my list and started thinking about Antonio Banderas... ahem.
 kywindwalker
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2007 11:41:17 AM
liked the urnextexwife...but i just like mine...also had one on another site ...the dragon...because i like dragons...espically the english dragons...
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/29/2007 12:01:07 PM
I've been trying to come up with a new user name because my old one (JustDivorced) was perceived negatively, but quite frankly, I am starting to think that whatever name I might choose would be offensive to someone for some reason. Maybe something generic like "SayHello" or TalktoMe" is "safe," but they are SO bland.

Someone here liked my idea of "OneFishTwoFishRedFishNewFish" but it was too long, hence the new name. Now, will all of my contacts still be able to reply and reach me?
 jadegreen
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 6:03:37 AM
A corney user name can have an immediate impact on me...i just can't help it...i know this must be a shortcoming of my own, but i can't help it honestly....
 packagedealx3
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:20:10 AM
Some people choose their name for a reason, for me, it is because I have three kids; you get me, you get them. Some of the rocket scientists apparently do not notice the three short people in the Halloween photo so they will e-mail me that I am the whole package; what do they think the three things are? Thank you and moving right along.

Some people pick their screen name for a reason, others because they are being whimsical, and many people take the name wrong because they do not bother to ask why someone picked it. What I find interesting are the individuals that have sexually suggestive names and/or pics and then say they want someone that is not interested in just sex. Okie dokie. I will, however, at least read the profile to see if it suggests the screen name is a misnomer.

I have run across names that suggest that the person is almost suicidal or that he/she hates people of the opposite gender. I do not see how these could possibly attract anyone or maybe the individual is searching for someone that is also suicidal and will engage in mutual gender bashing.
 subhacker
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:36:35 AM
How about geeky names?

I didn't really choose a screen name for POF. When I setup my account, I just recycled a username that I commonly use for non-dating purposes. Later, I discovered that the login name was both visible and unchangeable. Oops.
 ________
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/30/2007 1:00:02 PM
A good name would be worth it's weight in alphabet soup.... I tried my best -- but as usual I failed.....
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 1:16:23 PM

Can anyone guess where mine came from? nothing creative about mine - TempusFugit

YES!!!! I know! I know! But I'm not telling!!!
 davedave951
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/4/2007 6:54:48 PM
which is why I have always used my real name for my user name followed by my area code. When I cannot use my name because it is already taken I simply double my name.

Peace
 kywindwalker
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 7:06:31 AM
just like mine and have had several others that say they do...lol
 murphy591
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/7/2007 7:24:47 AM
any kind of name such as LONESOME, or facimile is a turn off to me. Of course as the others have already said, anything to do with Sex, that's left to be found out at a later date.
 lucilou
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 7:37:21 AM
I agree with most of the answers, anything with sexual encounter, they dont need to put that in the profile, those about sex thing can be discuss in private, its really a turn off.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/7/2007 11:12:08 AM
^^

LOL:) or they are more honest?

plenty of the guys who have names like 'niceguy' or 'sweetheart' etc. really want a romp.

just figure they should hide it or dress it up a bit to attract more women ?

LOL: ) women who have 'baby', 'doll', 'cutie' , 'girl', 'gurl', 'gyrl' or other "cutsie" names turn me off.

I want a WOMAN, not a girl, gurl, or gyrl !
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:41:18 AM

Cunning Linguist is one of my favourite nicks that I've seen online. *chuckling* What a great play on words.

not very original, there was a song many years ago.. (by Deep Purple, that used that phrase..a common cunning linguist..a master of many tongues..)

Deep Purple - Knocking At Your Back Door Lyrics

(Blackmore/Glover/Gillan)

Sweet Lucy was a dancer
But none of us would chance her
Because she was a Samurai
She made electric shadows
Beyond our fingertips
And none of us could reach that high
She came on like a teaser
I had to touch and please her
Enjoy a little paradise
The log was in my pocket
When Lucy met the Rockett
And she never knew the reason why

I can't deny it
With that smile on her face
It's not the kill
It's the thrill of the chase

Feel it coming
It's knocking at the door
You know it's no good running
It's not against the law
The point of no return
And now you know the score
And now you're learning
What's knockin' at your back door

Sweet Nancy was so fancy
To get into her pants we
Had to be the aristocracy
The members that she toyed with
At her city club
Were something in diplomacy
So we put her on the hit list

"Of a common cunning linguist
A master of many tongues"

And now she eases gently
From her Austin to her Bentley
Suddenly she feels so young
 SwampHunter
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/8/2007 11:06:10 AM
I get tickled when people ask about mine. Yes - I hunt. Yes - in the swamp! lol

If somebody gets offended by that - c'ya! lol Buhbye! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > User Names - Attract Or Repulse?