Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are women impressed by feats of strength?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Savanna
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Are women impressed by feats of strength?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I never use emoticons but...

braindrain22
Msg: 5
Are women impressed by feats of strength?
Posted: 6/28/2007 2:53:02 PM
Woman are impressed by physical strength, but they are more repulsed by emabarrassing displays.
 braindrain22
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/28/2007 3:17:54 PM
If there was any hope after the "challenging of an onlooker to a push up contest in the lobby of a restaurant and then actually going through with it" I'm sure all was lost with the 30 unanswered messages.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/28/2007 7:12:23 PM
LOL next time maybe try duelling pistols or swords.

LOL pushups in a restraunt?

She must have been mortified.
 CinciAmann
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/28/2007 9:43:34 PM
I don't know whats more hilarious, the original post or peoples serious responses.
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/29/2007 5:46:02 AM
If I took a date on a walk somewhere, and she conked out, I would fling her over my shoulders and do a firemans carry, carry her back to an open fire and meal, much more exciting than some stupid pushup contest with some other guy
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/29/2007 9:56:54 AM
What's a Grill?

Was he all up in your BBQ or something?

Confused?
 katmad
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/3/2007 7:52:40 AM
So he was all up in your grill so you went out and pounded him. Talk about homoerotic.
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2007 9:09:40 AM
To Frau Bl├╝cher - technically this did constitute an airing of the grievances so, let's face it, feats of strength are also bound to occur. And, given the urgency of the matter and the non-holiday setting, foregoing the Festivus pole is, I think, a forgivable faux paux. Had the incident occurred in ones home, where a Festivus pole would, of course, be at hand or in a strip club or firehouse where makeshift poles are available, it's true, this display would be terribly uncouth. But in this somewhat unusual circumstance, perhaps the lady was being just a bit strict in her devotion to tradition. And if the lady's objection was to the timing of the event, really, shouldn't we be open to celebrating the spirit of Festivus 365 days a year?

I think the lady should have picked up the phopne on that 30th call to say...all is forgiven. After all, isn't that what Fesitvus is all about?

TF
 techgirl27
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2007 12:32:19 PM
no not really. I couldn't care less what you can lift at the gym. But I can tell if a guy is going to be good or helpful with things like moving my things into my new apartment or helping me load a mattress on top of my car or getting a new TV into the house.

Wimps need not apply. Neither does anyone need to be Hulk Hogan.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are women impressed by feats of strength?