Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Women & Tattoos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miss W
Msg: 9
Women & TattoosPage 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
<-----tattooless (too painful and permanent for me)

My exact reasoning. Not to mention that when they will cease to be "in vogue" it is more painful and $$$$ to have them removed.

Let's say that if one were to have a little bird tatooed, I fear that at 80 it would look like Big Bird on crack.

Nothing against them, they aren't just everyone's cup of tea.
 Goodnight MoonFish
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 7/13/2007 10:37:36 PM
If something bothers you about someone else, especially if you plan to date them. Then don't date them. Ask 10 people their opinions on something and you will get 10 different opinions.

Love Body Art
 smellin the roses
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 7/19/2007 2:27:46 PM
HAHAHA I love your response!! I myself have 2 tats and they are very meaningful , they are for me just like when you buy a special expensive expressive piece of art..you pick it out to fit your desires and it is placed usually in your home for people to see but its in your home for you to enjoy..we don't inflict others with it..if people want to see it or question it or enjoy it they have access..just like a tattoo....same goes for harleys etc. I don't posts pics just of my tat, car, or pets lol..altho those things are part of my life...
 TheLimey
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 3/1/2008 12:34:17 PM
It's going to be a bit strange in the future when we have countless grandma's in their 80's & 90's who have a "tramp stamp" halfway down their buttcheeks....
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 38
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 3/4/2008 8:19:41 AM
Nothing against the people who have them, but I don't care for them at all... it's like using the human body to commit vandalism... on oneself.
In cases where I like the person, I just look at it as an unfortunate mistake they made that's visible to everyone and try not to let it embaress me when I'm with them... kinda like a bad haircut or being poorly dressed.
Good thing people have the option of removing them these days...
 Miss W
Msg: 41
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 3/6/2008 12:40:53 PM

Look at those tattoos with the long term in mind. Think of the faded tattoos on old wrinkled skin...

I have visions of Tweety turning in to Big Bird.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 3/6/2008 11:02:11 PM
Tramp stamps give a nice place to aim for.

Seriously though, I prefer women without tattoos because I think they take away and distract from a womens natural beauty.
 ldytrkr
Msg: 44
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/17/2008 11:04:13 AM
My tattoos are very personal to me and I dont care if they sag when I get older, I didnt get them for others to admire or dislike. If my tats offend you then turn away and look for an uninked fish. I love my tats and will get more if I find another that touches me as all the other ones I have gotten have. At the moment I have five.
 CoronaGirlErin
Msg: 47
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/25/2008 12:04:07 AM
I love both of my tattoos. I have two simple ones. :)
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 49
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/25/2008 9:30:10 AM

I have 2 tattoos, but you cannot notice them and they are plainly visible. So there.

I have only two words to say to that: eye brows

... Again.... I try not to let that interfere with my appreciation of people... but that's like bad hair or something too... kinda "criminal" style..
 JadeMuse
Msg: 51
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/25/2008 2:09:38 PM
I always entertained the idea of a discretely-pinkish life-sized kitty cat paw print on my lower back...
...Either that, or small one on the inside of my wrist... or, a trail of smallish-ones leading to the top of one shoulder.

On the other foot, a garland of symbols of philosophy around one ankle sounded like fun.

No tats on me though!
I am too chicken to have my sweet little symbols of unity turn into symbols of Nature's first candy!

I have seen some beautiful artwork, though!
It is like graffiti: Well-done street art is something you would be proud to put your name on,
but poorly-scrawled stuff done in a "rush" is so ugly that only your alias should get the credit.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 54
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/26/2008 9:51:19 AM

cosmetic tattooing.....it's criminal? and what is bad hair to you???

No one ever guesses that because I do have eyebrows, but the color of the ink fills them in darker. Matches my hair (as I am older, my hair is darker).

My kids tease me that when I am old and gray, my eyebrows will look funny.

Hmmm... I guess that's not that noticeable...

What I've seen is thug broad style where they remove ALL their eyebrows and just have these grey/blue lines in their skin...

If you've got brows, it might be different... but do realize that our faces change shape as we get older too. Our foreheads start to drop and protrude... which is why many guys (like myself) who had or have retro hair styles stick out like a sore thumb when they get to be 40 something...and have to go for a shorter look.

Bad hair?

Well... all this stuff is debatable... but I'd have to say that at my age, a Bart Simpson cut or blonding to cover up the gray might not be the best fashion statement I could make!!!

How's that?

Sketchness
Msg: 56
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/26/2008 11:25:19 AM
The last thing I am going to be worried about at 70 is what her skin looks like. I mean really it might make the liverspots look better.

I find a woman with a discreet tattoo or not so discreet tattoo just as attractive as one without. So long as she doesn't have satan tattooed on her neck or a sleeve. Both of which look just as ridiculous and juvenile on a man. But too me the tat over the crack got a bum rap (pun intended). I would like to shoot whoever came up with tramp stamp.

I tend to focus on whats important. Is she a good person? Is she kind to her children as well as others? Does she make me laugh? Do we have a great time together? These are the things that matter! Not whether she listens to coutry or has a tat or if she is going to vote for hillary.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/27/2008 2:15:32 PM

I think people that simply generalize tats and piercings as "trashy" and "un-lady like" are holding onto old conventions a little too desperately. Times have changed.

Just because times have changed...Doesn't mean that they have changed for the best.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 97
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 4/30/2008 7:48:34 AM

Jade, I have a discreetly placed kitty cat paw right next to my err...kitty.....

Barbe...
What's your, uhh.... kitty's name?
 MoonWolfRede
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 5/4/2008 9:56:16 PM
That is a generalizations.... and you know what is said about those:

To generalize is to be an idiot.
General knowledge are those knowledge that idiots possess.

William Blake

Tatts are a personal preference. I am single... have one detailed across my lower back. I chose to have one because it has personal meaning for me... not just for body decoration. I would have more in more obvious places, however I cannot due to my career choice.
 Miss W
Msg: 110
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/17/2008 1:04:51 PM

While her tats are her business I worry that someday she'll want to have a more "corporate" job and they'll look askance at her and not hire her because of her tats!

I've met a few people who have a lot of tats and work in very "staid" work environments. They wear long sleeves and high collars at all times. They are viewed upon as stigmas in certain industries.
 matchlessm
Msg: 112
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/18/2008 12:59:30 AM
Apparently looking like a hooker, a convict, a heroin addict, or all three is considered glamorous in some circles. Tattoos on women are very unattractive to me.
 matchlessm
Msg: 120
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/18/2008 7:14:01 PM
Barbe 1963

If you're going to use that overworked buzzword to slight me, you might at least use it right. In my dictionary, "judgmental" means "of, relating to, or involving judgment." Period. About ten times as many prison inmates, per capita, have tattoos as the rest of the population. And I believe the rates for the other two groups I mentioned are similar.

I meant just what I said. Regrettably, it's considered glamorous in some circles to look like that, just as the "gang look" has become fashionable among many non-gangsters. You just don't like me to say tattoos on women turn me off, and why. If you're one of the many who think "Thou shalt not judge" is the Eleventh Commandment, so be it. But apparently you think that only applies to me (or other people) and not yourself.
 matchlessm
Msg: 121
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/18/2008 9:28:09 PM
Ms. Barbe. You make a good point. I'll try to leave out any observations about American society when the subject is a personal one--as it is on most of these threads. As to your question, I have no idea why most people would get tattoos. And since I won't be spending time with women who have them, I don't care.

I must have seen the word "judgmental" on more than half the women's profiles I've ever looked at, as something they don't want a man to be. I'd guess these women can't take any criticism. And yet time and again, I've seen those very same women say whatever nasty, spiteful, demeaning things they please about men. But at least they show their hand--and forewarned is forearmed.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 123
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/18/2008 9:53:02 PM
Tattoos were very much in style afew years ago, but now... like most other radical things, like Nehru jackets, arrow pointing forward on top of the head haircuts, blue suede shoes, etc... they're NOT. Sorry bout that...
 matchlessm
Msg: 130
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/24/2008 2:33:12 AM
Is that from the SSG dictionary? My Webster's doesn't have that. I think there's a happy medium. No one wants to be around somebody who regularly--and harshly--criticizes other people. It makes you wonder what they say about you when you're not in the room.

But at the opposite extreme, there can be a widespread "gentlemen's agreement" (see old film w/ that title) not to look very closely at what the next guy's doing, as long as he does you the same favor. Part of what's traditionally encouraged people to meet certain standards is that they knew other people would make negative judgments about them if they didn't. And that would make the person ashamed of their slip up. Just imagine the torment! Thankfully, we have evolved to the point we no longer have any shame. Now, everyone can do almost anything they want and have it tolerated. After all, nothing could be worse than being judgmental.
 The Shibster
Msg: 138
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 6/30/2008 12:47:56 PM
I have 10, and love them and love them on (most) other people. I think tattoos are sexy as hell.
 fancynanci
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:06:10 PM
I amost got a tramp-stamp but realized ya wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce, so I chose not to.
 fancynanci
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:07:22 PM
Oh...and for the record...folks...I have no tattooes!
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Women & Tattoos