Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATOR      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 1
Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATORPage 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
In Murphree TX they let every person caught by Chris Hansons TO CATCH A PREDATOR go free. This was the town where the man killed himself. I have to admit I somewhat am suspicious by the way this show operates . I am not saying these guys are good people but lets be real. They really ARE meeting someone over the minority age. Usually in sting operations cops will use underage people and actually have the meeting. Also Perverted Justice is 'reading minds' . Whose to say these men are not fantasizing and really believe the girl or boy in some cases is over the age they say. I know its a reach but internet is not a tell all for age. There is also a clear case of entrapment. I might be deemed unpopular for agreeing with the law system of Murphree Tx, but I try to think rationally not based on emotion . I am looking at the whole picture as was the judge in Murphree TX.
Click any of the Links below to access these Forum Categories:

Closed, but
accessible Forums
»»
Politics
Current Events
Religion

Related Links:Changes to Forums
Links Removed

For the Time being, there is ZERO Tolerance for Trolls posting Flamebait,
Insults, or peddling Agendas. Automatic 28 Day minimum Vacation Package.
    Don't post here if you can't keep your "Cool"

Report offensive Posts as usual in the Forum Rule Violations Report Thread
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 2
Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATOR
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:59:20 AM
Exactly mr bad. I like the show I find it entertaining but it is about ratings. I have had gfs I have role played with and really who is to say these guys do not believe the girls are older. We are treading dangerous waters when we arrest people and incarcerate people by trying to read their minds. That is big brother at its worst. Most likely these guys do believe the girl is underage but so what, no one knows for sure what they believe or what they are thinking. Again I do not support pedophiles but I am trying to think about this logically not emotionally.
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:55:12 AM
As an abused child I would like to see all of these people doing hard time for their crimes. But I believe in our justice system and do not think the media should be interfering in what should be a police investigation, not a ratings game. It is not an easy process to gather evidence, make an arrest and present it as a court case that has a chance of conviction. When things like this reality show happen, it only teaches these criminals how to get around our legal system, then puts them back out in the world to harm someone else.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/1/2007 9:59:15 AM
AHhh but is the so called criminals intent . They are reading minds essentially. These people are being jailed for having their minds read by an amateurish organization- Perverted Justice. It is just like MADD enforcing drunk driving. The fact is one can talk to someone that says they are 13 and that means nothing . People lie about age all the time . In fact they are meeting someone OF AGE . Some of you people see my point . In a classroom for example , clearly a teacher involved with a student knows the age of a person. Be objective , thats all I am saying . I know this is an emotionally charged issue but try to see it the way the MURPHREE judge saw it . Again I am not saying these men are model citizens. I am saying that we are going into very dangerous waters . In fact , I am sure the defense of some of these that got arrested by CATCH A PREDATOR are saying just that - the person that they met was indeed NOT A MINOR.
 Misstrie
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:08:11 AM
I'm on YOUR side! Most of those caught sit right there and admit they knew they were doing something wrong...on a Federal level, the legal system should overrule the release of pedophiles. I am quite suspicious of those that think otherwise.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:12:27 AM
RL you are talking on emotion . The honest fact is they are meeting a legal age woman. When people are arrested for marijuana possession for example- real marijuana is used . This is complete crap . Heck there are women here on this site that lie about age all the time lol. What someone says online means nothing . Who are any of you people to say that these men were not fantasing about someone and just 'going' with age thinking person was adult. I see this holier than thou attitude without objective thinking . Again I am not saying they were, but its not up to law enforcement or faux law enforcement wannabes and a freaking network that is supposed to report news ,not make up news to take that leap and read peoples minds. For crying out loud , if they are going to do this unethical sting operation at least have a real underage girl- protected of course . True law enforcement has used real underage girls/boys to catch TRUE predators .
 Misstrie
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:12:44 AM
YOU are showing an attitude is making me wonder what you consider right and wrong. This is not a scripted television show, any more than John Walsh's.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:32:48 AM
Babylonia you are missing the whole point . As I said people lie about age . Maybe guy was fantasizing and girl was really adult . As it turns out girl really WAS adult. How can you be arrested on crime where the evidence is not even the ILLEGAL PRODUCT so to speak . Think about it, these women are even overage when they are talking. Does not matter on intent. People have f***** up intent in their mind all the time. Does not mean they should be arrested for it. It would be like cop doing marijuana bust with oregano. As others have said let law enforcement do their job. Ends does not justify means if peoples constitutional rights are violated, not to mention privacy rights in such delicate matters. It is amazing how emotionally charged people are that they are so quick to cede others constitutional rights be it Guantanamo Bay or this. They would not be so cavalier about constitutional rights if they were speaking of THEIR OWN .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:59:21 AM
H1 they committed no crime . All the people that they talk to were adults . That is the truth . You can not arrest people on intent. I guess some of you people are not going to get it . Its like this, let me guide you thru. Heres an analogy, you shoot someone thinking you are shooting with a real gun but it turns out its only a water gun , you can not be convicted of attempted murder ,although you may be convicted of public nuisance[rofl]. Think about it , its the same thing since these decoys are legal age. Couple that with the fact that you do not know their intent, maybe they were fantasing. All I am saying people is try thinking about this logically not emotionally. I know its hard to seperate that .
By the way isn't the medias job to report news????? Just asking...
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:02:19 AM
Just2 they met an adult and they chatted with an adult on line -NO CRIME CASE CLOSED and Murphree TX judge was first judge smart enough to know that and put all the particulars in place . You have no right to read into other peoples minds . I would rather err on the side of peoples constitutional rights than LEAP to conclusions.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:18:22 AM
Catpatience this is a criminal case . Cliches like that mean nothing to me . The fact is they spoke to someone of LEGAL AGE online . Right off the bat there is no crime. One is innocent until proven guilty and the fact is these men broke no laws. We are not arrested on intent we are arrested on evidence . The evidence shows they spoke to adults all along . Even if they are dumb enough to talk , which many do to Mr. Hanson that still means nothing to me because they committed no crimes. If they actually spoke to underage girls that is one thing. Though I would still have many issues with this process, but.... since they clearly spoke to adults no crime was committed and there are no laws that arrest people for getting ready to commit crimes . I can say all day long I am going to rob a bank and at last minute conk out . I should not and would not be arrested for that .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:28:00 AM
You are arrested on evidence not on what would have happened .That is only a prediction anyway. Never an excuse to violate constitutional rights . I will not buy that line . The fact is there was not a crime committed . Maybe NBC would be better served to have full hour shows based on telling people how to protect their children.No NBC , would never do that ,probably low ratings. Yes the show is a train wreck . I admit to watching the show . I find it entertaining . That said, I am a big believer in constitutional rights. It is dreadful , when children are violated . I will never deny that . There really was no crime committed. Do I think these men are stupid , to put themselves in that situation. Yes I do. I still say they committed no crime since they were really talking to adults . Nothing will change my mind on that . If we do not have our constitutional rights we have nothing.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:35:25 AM
Babylonia you do not agree until it is your constitutional rights that are at stake . Thats the trouble with people they can not seperate emotion from the logic of whats really at stake here .The Murphree judge seems like a fair, wonderful judge because unlike most others in the legal process , he was able to do that and kudos to him for that . Jaco the person was not underage , thats the point . I said even in drug busts they use real drugs. There was no evidence he was speaking to someone underage , whether she said so or not , because as dragged out this was an adult he was talking to , therefore no crime and if you throw intent at me it means nothing. Even the person he met was an adult . There is nothing at all to go on.
I want to point out I am not questioning these mens intelligence..evidently they are not too bright but if stupidity were a crime , we would all be in jail and I would be in for a couple of life sentences .
 Suzanne10
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:51:39 AM
This is a very very touchy subject. I have seen that show and there is something that I have always questioned.

Where is the line between mind and intent? Between fantasy and reality?

I think alot of people would be lying if they said that they never had fantasies of having child sex. In the same way that alot of people would be lying if they said that they never have sick perverted fantasies of other types of socially and culturally unacceptable sex acts (ie rape, multiple partners, beastiality).

But it would be a mistake to think that most people actually want the fantasy to come true! It would also be a mistake to think that people don't "flirt" with the idea!

So here we have men who (presumably have child sex fantasies but have never acted on them previously) are inticed by the idea of meeting a "willing" child. They go to the meeting. But at some point - they have to make a decision - to act on the fantasy or not.

I might be wrong here but I think that some percentage of the men who got caught on this show, will, at some point, give their heads a very strong shake and say "I am out of here - I can't do this"

I am sure that most people on this site can think of a time or situation where the temptation was strong and at the last second - you made the decision to say NO.

The men who were caught on this show never had the opportunity to back down.

They showed up for a meeting with a child - a child whose age puts them at a point where active sex is a reality for a certain portion of them but the law puts an arbitrary age of consent - but they never actually have to make the decision to do or not do the act! Except for the ones who actually got naked, the men are tempted but commit no illegal act.

For the most part, we seem to be talking about tempted men but temptation and fantasy are not illegal. I wonder what the results of the show had been if they had used 10 year olds instead of 14 year olds?

I have heard of vigilante groups who pretend to be children to lure predators and then publish their names, harass them at work and announce to their neighbours that they are pedophiles. One of the men they caught in this way was a 17 year old boy who tried to meet with a 15 year old "girl". They harassed the poor boy until he agree to go for coucelling.

The last time I was 15 - I liked 17 year old boys and they liked me! Its completely natural for teenagers of that age to be attracted to one another. Although I don't condone sex between children, I would have to be a fool to deny that it happens!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:05:54 PM
I do not care if its a serious crime or not, you do not violate someones constitutional rights. Perverted Jusice is the equivalent of MADD , and we all know about the vigilantism of MADD, believe me I am very much against drunk driving . I believe its all the more reason to do this right and not have 'amateurs' get involved. Education, education ,education ... isn't that what the job of the media really is ??? If you think about it NBC should be more concerned about that than ratings .Instead of seeing stupid men, making fools of themselves. Take the hour and educate parents of kids. Seems to me that could be more effective to curtail pedophilia. For medias job is to educate people on current happenings . I know I am being very idealistic in this reality tv show world lmao. Fact is they met an adult and talked to an adult online - NO CRIME, CASE DISMISSED- NEXTTTTTTTT !!!.
As far as the prostitute theory- Its illegal to purchase sex from anyone so they can have a man,boy, or any living person as bait for something like that. The crime is the act itself. Age does not come into play. Where as sex itself is not a crime, but paying for it is . Where the crime is the age , they must have the evidence, an adult person is not evidence for someone trying to mate with a minor. You really are delving into mind reading when you prosecute people like this or attempt to. That is an awfully slippery slope to go down in a democracy.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:17:47 PM
Actually they attempted to have sex with adults. Thats the facts lol . Not one child was ever talking to any of these men . That is a vital point for all these cases . Don't let facts get in the way of wanting to railroad someone LOL.
 WakeDan
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:40:10 PM
I think the hooker analogy is accurate. The sex never happens. Just a verbal agreement. Lots of people agree to things then don't go through with them. So maybe everysingle person arrested in a prostitution sting should go free. No sex for money ever happened.

I know LLW keeps saying you shouldn't arrest on intent.....but let me give one more example. If you were a cop and were standing there when Tim McVeigh parked a truck under the Alfred Murrah building....As he got out of his truck and walked away, would you let him go because no crime had ben committed yet? Would you argue that it's not against the law to park a truck loaded with fertilizer in front of a building? And that just maybe he might change his mind about it?

What if you were on one of the WTC planes? Men stand up and say 'we are going to fly this plane into a building (i know they didnt say that but for the sake of argument)....would you say 'no crime is being cimmitted....box knives are not illegal, and they haven't actually flown into a building yet'.

Sometimes stopping someone with clear intent is the only thing that saves innocent lives. Hell, why do cops show up when someone stands on a bridge threatening to jump? It's not illegal to talk about it. But we are all pretty sure what's going to happen.

I wonder how many children have been assaulted since those guys were let go.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:46:44 PM
Don't even get me started on 911 . I still say these guys constitutional rights were violated . We do not know if they were going to have sex with minors.You are all pretending to read minds here. Thats the problem. As far as the fertilizer situation. If its not a crime against having a truck full of fertilizer than what can you do. I know it sucks that sometimes crimes are committed , many times tragic, thats a given.I do not want to live in society where we arrest people on mind reading and that is exactly what has been done to these men from CATCH A PREDATOR. Sometimes in a democracy , in an environment, innocent until proven guilty has down falls but I will keep it this way than to just have people arrested on what they are thinking .Democracy has a price sometimes and its a price I will gladly pay rather than alternative. That is how I feel . I challenge any of you that your opinion would be changed if your constitutional rights were at stake. What is wrong with education. Heck I see many stupid people on here posting pics of their kids,grandkids , nieces, and nephews. Why not start with educating these people first .
 1630 mike
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 1:38:37 PM
What is eveyone forgetting???????????? THIS IS TEXAS!!!!!!! The word liberal and conservative are completely mixed up. In a northern state, these child molesters would be prosecuted. In Texas, they never heard of the word racism. You think they care about 40 yr olds going after 13 yr olds. GET SERIOUS. Take out oil production in this state and what does it produce. One of the poorest, least educated states in nthe country. I would not live there if a home was purchased for me for free, even if it was located on the ocean.
This is a state where a woman can murder, drown all her children and she GETS OFF....... AND THIS STATE HAS A TON OF ELECTORAL VOTES..... What state produced ENRON and where did AMERIQUEST HAVE THERE STADIUM NAMED. THE 2 MOST CORRUPT COMPANIES EVER....... IN TEXAS...... Where do half the foreigners come in illegally------TEXAS THE BUSH FAMILY---TEXAS------NOTHING MORE NEED BE SAID
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/1/2007 2:43:48 PM
As far as I am concerned that does not matter. Maybe in their minds it was all roleplay. You see I can read minds the otherway. The difference is we live in a society innocent until proven guilty. I will ALWAYS err on the side of innocent until proven guilty because if we do not have that as a western society we really have nothing. Education is the remedy for most ills anyway . You people that are so easy to convict these men would be lousy jurers and can not think objectively.
Tedy thats a good point, Perverted Justice like MADD has an agenda. It is very easy to manipulate evidence.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/1/2007 3:06:09 PM
Lestat you are completely correct and well educated too. You seem to be one of the few on here that grasps and understands due process. I am shocked and very disappointed that many of my fellow Americans can not look into the whole situation and see what this is doing to the justice system . I admit I watch the show so I guess I probably should not , but its the 'stopping to view an accident ' mentality. I keep saying what will stop peds the most is not a tv show but education. No one seems to care about that . Many of these people need an education of the justice system to start.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/1/2007 4:57:08 PM
I do not exactly like sexual predators either but I do like the constitution. Thats the whole point . The lynch mob mentality is not a good rule of law and the Tx judge was able to distinguish that . You can hate sexual predators all you want , but it should not blind anyone on the American justice system. Only simple minded people put emotion ahead of rule of law .Unfortunately there seems to be alot of that going around. Because to circumvent our constitution is circumventing our way of life.
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 5:05:12 PM
And there you have it - guilt by accusation. Sound at all like Salem Massachusetts?

It's certainly a good thing so many escaped from persecution in other nations in order to found a nation later to be known as the United States, in which all could be free from guilt-by-association, free of undue process, and allowed the assumption of innocence until PROVEN guilty. Ah yes, truly the pinnacle of freedom for the world!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/1/2007 5:14:30 PM
Cat you are completely off base because they are still being arrested for what is in their mind. Try to think based on logic not emotion. That process seems to be lost on most of you and you completely miss the point. One gent brought up a good point about Perveted justice cooking the chat logs . There are so many variables and none of them helps the prosecution . Fact is these men were talking to adults and came to meet adults. Do not give me any of this intent , because we are not prosecuted on intent but on facts . Perverted Justice uses adult decoys, but police departments thru out the years have used real children[ protected of course]. The whole scenario is amateurish and really live version of KEYSTONE KOPS.
By the way the judge in Murphree Tx showed alot of guts and leadership by throwing all the cases out especially with all the faux journalists like Bill O'Reilly out there... Oh thats right Billo wont fight this one because its an NBC situation .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/1/2007 5:39:36 PM
How do you know hes fully aware??? You are a mind reader ? Fact is he spoke to an adult and met an adult and Perverted justice can cook their logs for sensationalism and a good tv show. People role play all the time and its not against the law hmmm. Again you can talk on emotion all you want , until your constitutional rights are taken away. And women never lie about age on here ? Those ladies are lying that talk to the men . hmmm . You may be right these guys intent may be to hook up with kids , but our law is not reduced to 'GUESSING' whats in someones mind .
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATOR