Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 * Succinct *
Msg: 2
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture .... Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
i can believe it as well
 Miss Angele
Msg: 5
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:34:38 PM
Think of it this way it weeds out the undesirables for you. Is there any particular reason you dont have a pic?
 Always smile!
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:40:25 PM
Women are just as superficial, and you probably never talk to anyone without a pic so stop being a hypocrite. The fact is this site makes it easier than Craigslist because you can see a pic prior. There has to be a physical attraction there, unless you are just looking for phone sex. And even then you want a nice voice
 Godsgardener
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:47:12 PM
A picture tells a lot about a person, you can tell by looking at a picture if the person is an alcoholic, druggie, if he has tatoos all over his arms (Unless he is wearing long sleves), Even tell the kind of clothes they like to wear, or if they are bald or got lots of hair. There are a lot more things you can tell about a picture. But that is a few things.... I won't write to anyone who is not brave enough to post a picture for whatever reason. It might be because they are lying about who they are.
 Jelica
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:52:36 PM
Arquitecto--------- We lovely ladies, would rather pick someone with a pic, rather than one without one!!! It is not too hard to post a pic of your handsome mug, Good Luck !!!!!!!!!
 sandy46blueyes
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:13:18 PM
I agree, if you have a pic posted then person may have some idea if they are attracted or not. That together with your profile and future communication may or may not develope into something more. You never really know until you meet face to face. I do like to have a pic before I will correspond with someone, they can see miine and it is just common courtesy.

Sandy
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:51:10 PM
This is a redundant thread lmao. Suprised it was not voted off. Heck I take the time to post a pic so its not unreasonable to want to see a pic of a lady. No pic means you do not know age, gender, body type etc.Its a total clean slate. Its hard enough to meet someone anyway so why waste time not even knowing basics. Heck to get an email back from a lady you have to go thru hoops or to get a number WOW lmao thats even worse . So why should I have to go to the trouble and go thru hoops to try and get a pic when most women will post one . Less aggravation I will STICK with da PICS
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:54:37 PM
If your on a dating site and have no picture, your just wasting your time !
 33whiterose
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/2/2007 4:10:01 PM
Congratulations EyeDye, I love what you said! I have chosen not to put my picture on the site because I feel anyone who contacts me wants to out of sincere interest and not based on my looks. I should mention, I am far from ugly and have also found I do attract attention based on my looks. Sure it is flattering, but how sincere are these guys. I'm trying a different approach and time will tell how it works. It does give me more control and I know the people I contact or contact me are interested based on our conversations and not on my appearance. On the other hand, I admit, it is nice to have a picture when I contact people, but I have also contacted people without a picture. I may not be getting nearly as much response, but I'm ok with that. Good luck to everyone.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 4:15:14 PM
Well whatever your reasoning as legit as it may be, no pic just doesn't work well in this venue. Kind of like talking to someone standing behind a screen.
If you want to only email to those you have contact with, that's fine. Just realize it may end up with an awkward pause whether either they quit writing or block you suddenly. Many prefer to avoid the discomfort and would rather see someone right away.
I'm not making a judgment one way or the other, just telling you how it is.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/2/2007 4:49:59 PM
I think the thread title was meant to be ' I CAN[T'] BELIEVE EVERYONE HAS BEEN DITCHING ME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE ' = well my answer to that is BELIEVE IT, BELIEVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 weirdscienceofluv
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:17:37 PM
Your odds of getting a response from someone are easily much, much, higher with a pic. While its true that a persons personality and inner strengths are a big drawing power, being able to attract someone physically also shows how much you care about health and outer well being, also, which cant be taken for granted. Often times the you you show on the outside is also a sign of the you on the inside. If its good all around that is the best available package :)...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:45:49 PM
Beh...post a photo or don't!! Just quit whining when noone's talking to you because you don't have one! You can't believe it..well you have several pages telling you why.
 Montanalady
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:59:18 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you!!!! When I'm chatting with a person, either online or on the phone, most of the enjoyment is picturing that person's face when they're laughing, serious, all of the emotions in our conversation........Let's admit it, a good relationship is based on everything......the physical, the emotional, and the spiritual.........and that other person doesn't have to be super good-looking........just appealing to you with all the other qualities they possess..................in other words, the "whole enchilada.....that's what we're ALL looking for......
 molly__blooming
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:11:06 PM

i can believe it as well

me too.

it's amazing to me that people want to be in this game and yet they refuse to put a picture of themselves (a recent picture) in their profile.

this is not about "looks" or about being shallow.

it's about knowing who you're talking to. it is about avoiding players. it is about avoiding the kinds of horror stories you can read every day on this site by people who WERE kind enough to talk to someone and get to know them and even plan to meet them without ever having seen a picture of them!

i would never do that, i think it's nuts.

if you're not willing to fork over the pic? something's not right.

that's my policy, and i'm stickin to it.

cheers!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:11:11 PM
Expecting women to fall into your lap sight unseen is a bit . . . how to say it politely . . . delusional.

Humans are visual creatures; we evolved to be such. We are attracted by bright colors, pretty lights, moving obejcts, and people whom we find appealing. On dating sites, we are attracted by pictures. The pictures get our attention, but most often, it is other things that keep it. A handsome face without a brain behind it is ultimately useless.

In perusing your profile, what you write makes you a throw-back (fish terminology). Your profile doesn't say anything. To be blunt, why would a woman want to be interested in you? You give her no reason to even be curious, especially when there are men who have pictures AND write something of interest.

I also wonder, as someone expressed, what you are looking for if you think we are just web-dating with no faces at all. Are you looking for anonymous cybersex? Good luck with that one!

By the way, did you mean "complement" instead of "compliment"?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:30:38 PM
A man could have the greatest personality but if he has hair down to his butt and a full beard theres no way I will ever be attracted to him.

Do you have this dude's phone number? I'm in love already. . . .

LMK45
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:37:38 PM
My reason for wanting photos is that I need to see someone in different venues to determine if we have anything in common. I truly DO NOT HAVE THE TIME (nor will I waste it) to explore your innermost sensitive thoughts without knowing a little about you first. I'd like to see if there is a physical and commonality connection first. But if you're just looking for a chat friend, I mostly respond to those too when I have time. I'll even post a picture back to you with a bag over my head. Hee hee!!!
 robfish
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:53:51 PM

If your on a dating site and have no picture, your just wasting your time !

I disagree! I know its frustrating OP, but try not to let it get to you. The "majority" of people on dating sites are shallow, when they look at your profile its the picture that decides whether or not you are relationship material. Think of this as a weeding process, the "decent fish" will treat you no differently and be willing to get to know you while the "unread/delete and read/delete" responders are interested in looks over substance. The strange thing here is that some of my most interesting conversations were with women who don't have a picture up in their profile, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be judged on personality first!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:51:06 PM

The "majority" of people on dating sites are shallow, when they look at your profile its the picture that decides whether or not you are relationship material.

This is not being "shallow." We all have our tastes, likes, and dislikes. There is no need to try to force ourselves to be romantically or sexually attracted to a person who simply doesn't attract us. If a man weighs 300 pounds, he is not going to attract me and I will base whether or not he is "relationship material" solely on that. If he wants to be friends, great, but I find that most men don't want a platonic friendship--they want sex. That's ok, I want sex, too, but not with someone who has the potential to suffocate me in the act.

Am I shallow for insisting that any man who wants to be involved with me must be intelligent? I don't contact men who appear to be semi-literate as evidenced by what they write on their profiles; I also politely rebuff the same men who contact me.
 iwannabeearl
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:39:10 PM
i only have to know that i can look at you.it does no good to talk if one person can't at at least tolerate the way one looks.
 robfish
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/2/2007 10:34:15 PM

Am I shallow for insisting that any man who wants to be involved with me must be intelligent? I don't contact men who appear to be semi-literate as evidenced by what they write on their profiles; I also politely rebuff the same men who contact me.

No, intelligence is related to substance so that is in no way shallow! We do all have likes, dislikes, and certain tastes but it is shallow behaviour to base "relationship potential" on nothing but looks. What happens if this person loses their good looks and you no longer find them attractive 5-10 years down the line, do you end it? As for your fears of suffocation, make sure you are on top.
 decentandsexy
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/3/2007 1:38:21 AM
there is alot of people that will put in there profile ask for a request to have a pic....and i will send them a pic of me....and i am ot ashamed of my pic....and its what someone has to offer you from there heart....looks are not everything..and either is money..money can not buy love...i am not a material person never was.the little things in life counts.if anyone wants to see my pic..just ask
 molly__blooming
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2007 6:24:00 AM

Stop fretting....I don't have a photo on my profile , however I have one to forward if its requested....furthermore I'm not having a problem receiving messages....

yes fine, but, to all of you who don't have a photo in your profile, why not just put at least one photo in the profile? why go through the rigamarole of having to e-mail the photo privately to anyone you are talking to? i don't understand that.

i have something like 5 photos in my profile. and i have a job, i have students, i have reasons i could make up for not putting one there, but i don't expect people to talk to me or take an interest if they can't have some idea of what i look like.

besides, i have nothing to hide, and i am not hiding from anyone, so, why not just put the photo in the profile?

????

cheers all!
 jcee53
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/3/2007 8:43:07 AM
I haven't posted a picture either. My reason is that I am new to this online dating thing and
I have had problems with men stalking me and harassing me in the past. I don't know if I trust this thing yet, so I am just slowly checking it out. Also, I have heard that some people have had problems with weirdos on this site and if a person rejects them for whatever reason, they will post nasty rumours about them that could ruin their life. eg: A woman, who had posted a picture, went out with a person she met on pof. She decided that it wasn't going to work. The man was insecure and couldn't handle it like a man, so he posted her picture on a sex site with some mean lies that could absolutely ruin her, her family and her job. Winnipeg is just too small of a city for that.If someone really wants to meet you they will do it without a picture. Also, if people think that you don't post your picture because you must be hidious looking, then they just might be missing out on the best thing that ever happened to them. In my case, if a person really wants a picture of me then I will send it to them privately or we can meet briefly in person somewhere, after we have chatted for a while and we both feel that we might have a deeper connection. Sometimes looks can just get in the way, and people don't see you for who you really are. I bet many of you divorced people out there met your mate based on looks as a first priority, without getting to know the true them until later. What a major waste of time, don't you think?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....