Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The Allure of Wealth      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TragicallyHip
Msg: 4
The Allure of WealthPage 1 of 1    
I suspect that when women say they are looking for someone to take care of them, they are not talking about finances. Sure, some are, but a lot of women take on a caretaker role for the people in their lives -- their children, elderly parents, etc. They spent their marriages carrying more than their share of the load and they are TIRED. It would be heavenly to put down that load for a minute and let someone take care of them, you know, run their bath, make them a cup of tea or call the cable company and **** about the reception.

And believe me, there are PLENTY of men out there looking for someone to take care of them -- some financially, but many others are looking for momma. They want someone to iron their shirts, tell them when to go to the doctor, clean the house, cook the meals, do the shopping, etc. Plus, look good and put out.

Ideally, of course, in a relationship, you would take care of eachother. But it's interesting that women put this in profiles more than men do....
 Mosey_Burns
Msg: 8
The Allure of Wealth
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:50:18 AM
Hey, they value us for our wealth, we value them for their small waist and hig hips. At least men most men have to EARN wealth, through hard word and skill, women are either blessed with good looks or they arent. Wealth is a fairly good indicator of intelligence and education, looks are not.
 braindrain22
Msg: 11
The Allure of Wealth
Posted: 7/6/2007 12:39:16 PM
MSG12
I'll echo that. I've read some research that backs up exactly what Chipmunk says.

When women get together and one of them has a new beau the 1st or 2nd question that is asked is "What does he do for a living?". If he's a professional or wealthy by any other means a long sting of "ooooooohhhhhh" come from everyones lips. If he's a cab driver they just move onto the next question.

Many on here also claim that he must make as much as I do because I don't want to support his ass. Then they back it up with "I worked hard to get where I am" BS to try to cover for their shallow character.

Men on the other hand focus on the physical. If she's slim and pretty he will over look other things to some degree (but not extremes). Shallowness on both sides.
 beerchen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
The Allure of Wealth
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:48:18 PM

I see on many women's profiles that they want to find a man who can "take care of them". Why is this? I don't think there are many men out there who look for a woman to take care of them. I also think women are quite capable of taking care of themselves. So... Why seek a man to do it for you?

I find the situation quite the opposite. My newest term is "cash-cow". Men who think it ok to "milk" a woman for what she has. Whether it be money, the home they live in , or other material things.

I don't expect my man to take care of me financially. I do however want my mate to be my equal, in a sense that i shouldn't have to worry about your phone getting shut off cause you just don't have it this month.

Money will not make a relationship. There will be ups and downs. Good times and bad.
But overall. If you seek a sugar mommie to take care of you . I' m personally not the one for you!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The Allure of Wealth