Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Would you date a guy 6ft 5 or over and if not why not?

yes I would and yes I have... a firefighter who was 6ft 7in corrrr bloody lovely lol... I made a wee mistake in my post on the other thread,my 14 year old son is 6ft 5 in not 6ft 7in,but still growing and the girls swoon over him,he wont have any problems dating for sure.... one thing I say though... if a tall man is very skinny that to me is a little of putting,as they tend to stoop more...
 Brighton_Peach
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?
Posted: 7/12/2007 11:01:06 AM
Well being almost 6ft tall, I dont have a problem with tall men at all..in fact I insist on it..lol. I have in the past dated shorter men and have always felt really self conscious so now, they have to be at least 6ft in order to get a look in.

Any tall men out that that wish to contact me...go for it..lol. We may not hit it off but this will not be the reason

Peachy x
 restless_native
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2007 4:44:42 PM

It's because they don't find you attractive.

It's just an excuse, but a more original one than staying in and washing their hair.

Just find a woman who does like lanky blokes.
 Estee L
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2007 5:26:51 AM
I'd be happy just getting a date. A tall date is a bonus!!

bootielicious
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2007 7:41:06 AM
I love tall men. I some times think twice before dating a short man. Shortest i've dated is 5'6", my ex husband was 6'3" and if felt perfectly natural. It certainly wouldn't be a deciding factor for me as compatibility is much more important :)
 imcrackingup
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2007 5:05:10 PM
hey im 6ft 2 and there seems to be a real shortage pardon the pun of taller men. I too was at the i.o.w. fest and I had a clear view wherever I stood.lol.
 surreygal
Msg: 56
view profile
History
 lalby
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/4/2008 12:59:20 PM
I used to date someone who was 6ft 6".
I dont think height bothers most people i know it doesnt really bother me, i dont tend to date really short men as it makes me look daft,but if i liked someone i would get past it.
 Aquoise
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/12/2010 10:35:34 PM
Their penises are likely to be painfully huge.
 Strider886
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2010 12:44:46 AM
Because ironically most people go for someone who's the same as everyone else. Being different is a handicap when it comes to dating.
 Aquoise
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/13/2010 7:10:15 PM
I had an ex who was 5'4" and had huge feet for his height. His feet were the only thing about him that wasn't small. Well, he had a huge ego too, IDK why.
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 4:23:02 PM
If a woman says "you're too tall, I can't meet you," she is politely saying, "I don't fancy you." Simples.

When I initiate contact with a younger man and he replies, "I'm looking for someone closer to my own age," what he's REALLY saying is, "You're a crusty old crone and me mates would take the piss if they saw us out together."

That's life. Take the punches and move on.
 Brutus_Maximus
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2011 9:42:50 PM
ehh? never heard that one ! have had opposite1
ohh that god you are a 6ft er, least if we date i can wear my heels!

& some said that with tall/big men they feel "safe"
 Strider886
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2011 5:21:05 AM
Very strange thread, I would have said it's the opposite way around now......

Does this suggest an amount of social/media influence in who we want to date?
 Marmite baby
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2011 12:25:08 PM
OK As a fifty year old woman I wouldn't look at your profile usually. but the friends would really put me off. Decades ago I would have thought I could stay friends, coped with an open relationship, but learnt the hard way that I can't. Perhaps young women have more sense now! You come across as v eligible and a challenge.Great marketing untill YOU get burnt.
 PrincessLina
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 2:30:58 PM
im also 5ft 2 and the tallest guy i dated was 6ft 4.. frankly I love a man taller than me;)
 Krustybird
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 12:04:39 AM
Harrumphh because all the tall men passed me by . My partner is 5 foot 9, I'm 6 foot in my bare feet (although at my last hospital visit the nurse managed to add an inch and a half?).

I've rarely if ever been out with a man taller than myself and never been out with anyone who could top me when I was in my heels.

So perhaps the question could be turned around to why do tall men overlook taller women?
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/22/2011 3:50:56 PM
Never had a gal turn me down due to me height...
Although i do draw the line at little dumpy gals...no point standing her on a milk crate if i cant get me arms round here
 oct791
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/27/2011 4:28:51 AM
I'm 5'2 and I prefer tall men, about a foot taller then me. My dates are usually 5'10 to 6'2, 6'2 being just right for me.

10 years ago, I dated someone who was 6.11 (2.10m) yes, I came up to barely above his belly. We dated for about 2 years.

Yesterday, by chance I met someone who is 6.10. We had met online and had hit it off before I realized how tall he was. He had sent a picture called 7feetofsexy, and I was like, OMG, you're that tall! But did I say um, cancel the date? NO. We met, we hit it off, we're seeing each other again.

Do we look silly? hahaha yes. But is he fun, intelligent and great in bed? yes, yes and I dont know yet, but everyone's just rightwhen you're horizontal LOL

what are the chances that I'd end up with two very tall men? well , aside from my obvious charm and wit, I dont know. It's not something I plan or look for, it happens. Will it work, well, who knows? meanwhile, i'll enjoy the company and wont have to worry about getting lost at the mall or grocery as I'll know where he is every minute looking over the aisles LOL.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 1:58:51 PM
Brick Navi. . 4. . How vulgar. . .
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2013 7:07:42 AM
My date last night was apparently 5'7" hmm. But it didn't matter as I ended up having a great time, no point in being tall if you don't have anything else going for you!
 scareymush
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/29/2013 7:41:46 AM

Brick Navi. . 4. . How vulgar.

I found her post very enlightening...I've often wondered what it must be like, I'd need to meet a man over 6'10" to understand though.

Where I live there is a fair amount of very tall men particularly 18 year olds and those in their twenties - they grow them very tall over here all of a sudden - it's almost like living in the land of the giants. Although they are tall they are still in proportion as in they don't have overly long limbs or look awkward and too lanky.

my son is 6'5" and certainly has a lot going for him and yes it's true, he has lots of girls chasing after him.
 Lorri55
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2013 12:01:55 PM
The men in my family are all pretty tall....my 6 foot 4 son has had two tiny wee girlfriends, it hasn't been too much of a problem for him
Mind you his second cousin, all 6 foot 10 of him, can find life a bit difficult at times, the comments he gets from complete strangers!
My niece is 6 feet tall......got herself a 6 foot 4 husband....we are keeping a beady eye on her 3 daughters!!!
Me? at 5 foot 6 or 7 (depends on who measures me) , I prefer a taller man :-)
 bmore_goat
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2013 2:38:20 PM
I actually had a couple of women tell me I'm too tall for them. I'm 6'6 and when I went on a couple of dates awhile back, there were women that said they didn't believe I was really that tall (why would I lie about being 6'6, maybe if I were 5'10 and fudge the inches to be 6')
But these women are the exception and not the rule. Dated one woman that was an even 5 foot. Current GF is 5'2.
For the record, I don't actively seek out shorter women. These women had always approached me first.
 house_full_of_bullets
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/1/2013 4:25:24 PM

I am 4'10" and really dislike dating anyone under 5' 11.

In my experience shorter men are hard work, I do believe short man syndrome exists.

I'm "only 5'11" " and I certainly don't have short man syndrome - and neither does anyone who is my height. On the whole, I'd say I'm pretty comfortable with my stature. Must be the men in your area.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?