Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Eggs, Any special recipe's ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JustKelly70
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I did a seach and could only come up with, Deviled, Benedict and pickled eggs, Oh And I now know how to get scambled eggs off a fry pan, And some other things that had nothing to do with cooking.

How do you like your eggs? I like to add salsa to to scrambled eggs and cheese as well, Easy to do in the nuker.
 im outa here
Msg: 2
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?
Posted: 7/12/2007 3:20:09 PM
chorizo sausage cooked in with scrambled eggs.
topped with sour cream and cheddar cheese
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:20:26 PM
what i have done in the past is line the bottom of a 9x9 cake pan with fried bacon...beat a half dozen or so eggs till foamy...pour that over top of the bacon...into that mix you can add a variety of ingredients...gr onions...garlic...chilis...gr pepper...shrooms etc...cover the whole thing with cheese of whatever type you like...cheddar seems to work best tho...and pop into a 350 oven for a half hour or so...the eggs will puff up like an omelet...a knife should come out sorta dry when its done...
i did this at work one day...eggs...any choice was on the menu so i asked the clients how they wanted their eggs...(BIG mistake)...anyway...the concensus between 12 clients and 3 staff was...omelets...so to compromise i made this dish...they requested it again next egg day...but i just made scrambled...oh yeah...i used 30 eggs for this humungo omelet and baked it in a parchment paper lined s/steel chafing kinda tray...
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/12/2007 9:38:17 PM
techchick...you could always use sun dried tomatoes...
lol...i think you were peekin on me when i made it here at home...i forgot to say i put it under the broiler to brown the cheese more...
 LanSir
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2007 9:59:49 PM
While these are usually holiday recipes, they are good anytime.

Scotch Eggs
A delicious and easy Christmas Eve recipe.

Ingredients
* 1 quart oil for frying
* 4 eggs
* 2 pounds pork sausage
* 4 cups dried bread crumbs, seasoned
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 eggs, beaten

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
Flatten the sausage and make a patty to surround each egg. Very lightly flour the sausage and coat with beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs to cover evenly.
Deep fry until golden brown, or pan fry while making sure each side is well cooked. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Cut in half and serve over a bed of lettuce and sliced tomatoes for garnish. If mustard is desired it looks beautiful over this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas Breakfast
This is prepared the previous night, so all you have to do in the morning, is put it into the oven to cook.

Ingredients
7 slices of white bread
2 pkg. 4 oz each shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
3 cups milk
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 t. dry mustard
3 strips bacon cut in half (can use more)

Method
trim crust from bread
crumble bread
mix bread and cheese
spread in bottom of greased 71/2 x 12 inch flat baking dish
beat eggs and milk together
stir in salt and pepper and mustard
Pour over bread-cheese
Lay bacon on top
Refrigerate over night
Bake the next morning, uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 50-55 minutes.
Serve immediately
 JustKelly70
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 9:32:47 PM
^^^^Awww, you just had to be sooo sweet I could'nt complain about ziploks or nothing, Thanks Magically
btw way rk, extremly small kid could sufficate in those ziplocks. pffft
 JustKelly70
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 9:50:50 PM
No Veggies????
 JustKelly70
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 10:20:11 PM
I was thinking you could add some peppers or mushrooms toit, Tomaters sound good too.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:28:33 AM
are you eggstatic that you remembered the name?
 calguyree
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:14:20 AM
Crosisant sliced open,... one side with fried back bacon, sliced tomatoe and poached egg. The other side,.. sliced avocadoe, chunks of crab leg, and poached egg,..top both sides with hollandaise and put under broiler for 20 seconds,..."Cats Eggs",...mmmm
 JustKelly70
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 10:29:29 AM
A group of Japenese pilots are listening to thier orders, Their superior says , You take plane and crash into enemy ships, One pilot steps forward and says...Are you out of your fu*king mind?
 JustKelly70
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 6:05:44 PM
How did hamsters get into this mix, Do you debone them????
Food for thought I hope, Hey Where's patty?
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:12:02 AM
rk...yer slippin...ya missed a few
how can you tell when you are running out of invisible ink?
why do they sterilize the needle for a lethal injection?
if an orange is called an orange...why isnt an apple called a red?
why is a fly called a fly and a fish not called a swim?
 happyboi
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:52:19 PM
Hmm, I fry up some bacon ends and pieces, toss in some grits after I drain the grease off, let it come to a "boil" and then toss in several eggs and a bunch of cheese. Makes for a great meal, with all kinds of goodies in it. I generally just drop the entire egg in the mix, so you get egg chunks in it. Now... if I could just get more people up North hear, to learn what grits are. :-)
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:59:03 PM
i've tried grits...was at a dennys in wisconsin dells i think...i saw it on the menu...heard about it...heard ya either love'em or hate'em so i ordered some...
i dunno what all the flap is about concerning grits...its just freakin wheat hearts i think thats what they are called...very similar to cream of wheat cereal...
i found them to be ok...a little butter...sone syrup...a splash of cream
 JustKelly70
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2007 1:19:02 PM
Ya Grits, Always hear the americans mention them, But I have never tried them, Could someone explain exactly what they are, Thanks in advance.
 76Keith
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:15:57 PM
Has anyone suggested a frittata yet?

This is a great way to clean out the fridge on a Sunday morning. . .

I use a small cast iron skillet for this (so it can go right from the stove top into the oven).

Sweat some onion and garlic (and anything else you like - diced asparagus is one of my favorites).

You can do meat, or leave it out - just brown small bits of ham or bacon - prosciutto is good (and doesn't need to be browned, just chopped fine and warmed through).

Break enough eggs to fill the pan you are using into a mixing bowl and whisk together with seasoning (I use salt, pepper, and paprika) and a few drops of milk. I usually add some fresh herbs and cheese to this as well - a chiffenade of basil and mint and some goat cheese works well.

When the meat/veggies are nearly done, pour the eggs into the pan and put the whole thing in the oven on 350 until it has puffed up and is starting to brown.

Throw some shredded cheese on top and put in the broiler until bubbly. Good stuff.

My spell check doesn't like chiffinade, frittata, or prociutto. How sad if we had to go through life with just chopped ham omelettes. . .
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/17/2007 7:00:20 AM
kelly...sometimes what i will do is take a poached egg...spread a thin layer of alfredo on a piece of toast...a slice of ham next...put the egg on the ham...a bit more alfredo...then a sprinkle of paprika for color...any cheese sauce will work tho...doesnt hafta be alfredo...
 JustKelly70
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:01:28 AM
Sounds Yummy. Have to look for it, Likely don't have it here though.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:24:44 PM
Come on Genre, get with the internet lingo..lol, rolling on the floor laughing my azz off.
Was funny when i first started this internet stuff, first girl I chatted with, and ended up dating explained it all to me, I did'nt even know what lol ment at the time...lol
 JustKelly70
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:26:44 PM
Thanks rk, will do
 JustKelly70
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:31:06 PM
K, I'm likin the sound of that. Gotta love chilli.
I'll add an egg to stay on topic.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:37:36 PM
I googled rotel.. http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,rotel_dip,FF.html some nice dip recipes, Will have to ask around if we have it here, Fists? Seen it around?
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:42:28 PM
no kelly...i even had to ask what it is...but...i live only a half hours drive from the U.S. border...i'll keep my eyes peeled next time i cross
 JustKelly70
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 8:36:27 PM
Thanks fists, I'll still look around, Iv'e been trying to find currie in a can, one I always liked, sorry I forget the name now, Chinese brand.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Eggs, Any special recipe's ?