Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is having kids a turn off for women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 14
view profile
History
is having kids a turn off for womenPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Not at all

I'm a mom.. why would it bother me if someone had kids? I think it would actually be better because he would understand what it's like to be a parent.

IMHO
 SparkintheDark
Msg: 18
is having kids a turn off for women
Posted: 12/9/2007 5:35:01 PM
It's only a turn off to me, when they have that phrase in their profile...

"My kids come first!"

When they say that, I switch right off... cause ya know, we all understand your kids come first, but some of us think it says a lot about you, and where we will stand, if you start reminding us, before we even go out on a date.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:16:26 AM

My advice to you, you may not want to hear. Raise your kids and don`t bring other women into their lives. I did it for my kids. Your first loyalty should be to them. If you fought for full costody, and it means that much to you to raise them on your own, forget about dating and women for the time being.

I agree with this. If you're still fresh from a past divorce or breakup where you ended up with the kids, they sort of need some time and attention alone with you, free of new women because they're dealing with a major transition. Most kids take a couple years to get over stuff like that...

Until they are balanced and ready to see you start dating again (and when they are they'll tell you), they very well could act out and try to roadblock you with new prospects, and in a way they have a point if it's a fresh enough wound.
 NFPexec
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:34:30 AM
For me yes. I am over 40, dont have kids, dont want them and it's responsibility that would be thrust at me that i didnt choose. Also I've dated men with children and it has usually proven to be problematic, but not all women feel that way especially if they have kids of their own. I prefer my freedom and if his kids are grown and on their own, then we might be able to work with that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > is having kids a turn off for women