Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vandelai
Msg: 1
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 1 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Whilst, I am not condoning men hitting women, unless the circumstances warrant this, what do people think about the idea that despite this new age of 'equality' between the sexes, that women can still hit / slap men and get away with it, with many people finding it funny that the man has been hit.

Obviously, playfull smacks are OK, and they are normally retaliated with a playfull smack on the bum, etc, however there are many circumstances when this is not the case.

Many men are abused, and have their lives at risk due to domestic abuse, and whilst a man hitting a woman would create outrage, a ruined reputation and a possible jail sentance, inc. sodomy, a woman that beats her husband could just claim, neglect, PMS, being in therapy or a wealth of other cheap excuses removing all responsibility from herself.

One thought that comes to mind is that if a person cannot control themselves, then they shoud loose their perks and be treated accordingly so. Hence if a woman cannot take responsibility for her violent actions perhaps she should be prevented from having the opportunity of being violent.

Any feedback? Figured I'd do a "Ritz" senario ;-)
 DijitaL
Msg: 2
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:27:30 AM
I would have to take her out like the trash. Leave her on the side of my curb *if I had one.*

You should NEVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR have to raise your hand in violence to your beloveded one . ever. !!!!!

DijitaL
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:39:49 AM

It's NEVER OK....unless, in self defense.

Indeed. Agree.
But it really shouldn't get there.......
 DijitaL
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:44:58 AM
No its not.
I do however agree that if a women has a chance to fight back she should.
 DijitaL
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:46:50 AM
But then you get into some other sticky things... If people could talk more these days..... and try other ways to vent their aggression... try a pillow or something.. get a punching bag.. walk.. something other then abuse.
But of course I CANT CONTROL THEM. I can only give my thoughts.
 Vandelai
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:47:14 AM
"is "ok" in certain circumstances?"

Sure....self-defense
 DijitaL
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:47:54 AM

Example. Palestinian suicide bomber ....You would hit her

! I would do alot owrst then that if. Terrorist are a WHOLE new topic..
 DijitaL
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/7/2005 5:48:06 AM

Example. Palestinian suicide bomber ....You would hit her

! I would do alot worst then that if. Terrorist are a WHOLE new topic..
 DijitaL
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/7/2005 7:36:41 AM
^^^

I did. That traumatized me. It was so awful.

I cant comment on this anymore.. too many memories
 Vandelai
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/7/2005 9:01:02 AM
"Van.....I could make your limp rose stand straight ! "

Okay...as long as you slap me "There" hon...then its justified ;-)
 Vandelai
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/7/2005 9:02:45 AM
"It's never okay to hit anyone, period. I don't hit my son. I don't want him seeing a man hit me, and heaven help any man who tried. It's not ok for women to abuse men either.

Other than to save your life, there are always good alternatives... how about walking away?"

"I wish I was IN Dixie...HOoraay...Hooray! ROFL ( I just thought of that one just now, )

Dixie...how 'bout...say indian burns or noogies?
 DijitaL
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/7/2005 10:06:32 AM
Difference between abuse and scolding....
 cooldude
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/7/2005 9:35:21 PM
Since this is an adult forum, there may be adult topics. Vandelai brought up a valid point. Now adays women are doing a lot more violence. As seen with women drowning their kids, hitting spouses ect. Of course guys have more of a record with domestic violence on average. People shoud be aware of things like this, then just sweeping it under the rug and petending it does not happen.
 SarGasm
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/7/2005 10:27:13 PM
if a woman hits me, and it's a serious smack, i'd treat her like any guy who hit me. i'd restrain her, pin her, and make sure sure she wasn't getting back up until she calmed down.
 astrosky
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2005 7:10:12 AM

vandelal, must you? (start these outrageous threads)

You hold him, sal, and I'll hit him until he promises to stop starting threads!
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/8/2005 8:33:17 AM
Self defense and ONLY TRUE self defense......a woman who is 5'7 250 hitting a man 5'7 150 she COULD hurt him......self defense.If a situation that requires even the thought of self defense occures between a couple its time to desolve the union. If on the street type situation....again;self defense.I don't beleive there should be much of a double standard but honestly, a 5'3 130lbs woman wouldn't pose enough threat to a 6'3 205lbs man to the point to which he could not restrain her,unless he was ill or handicap.Restrain her then FIGURATIVELY,kick her butt to the curb.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/8/2005 8:38:24 AM
Beating them with kindness will always prevail.;)"

I agree and disagree.......after all you are not together currently right? Hug them then (figuratively) KICK HER BUTT to the curb.Wisdom is a great protector of kindness.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/8/2005 8:45:28 AM
"statistically speaking more urbanguys and gals are involved in domestic abuse..."

most probably due to the fact that there are more of them and a more sensitive police force.Per capita however,there is little difference.
 catch22_
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 4:21:04 AM
depends on where she hits him, lol!
 sparticuss
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:15:34 AM
This is only my morbid sense of logic coming to the fore again but,

A battling couple, hitting one another in front of their kids are still less likely to lose the custody of their kids than

-- a horny couple groping, or even bonking in front of the kids.
 sparticuss
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:19:27 AM
Seriously unless you are on steroids or outwiegh a man by at least a hundred pounds you have no chance and seem foolish saying that you can.
=============================

This tickles my sense of the ridiculous Placename

Because I actually do know a couple of girls like that. Seriously bigg mommas and their husbands are rakes who just have a thing for big girls.

The laugh is that everybody assumes that because these girls CAN whip their husband that they are doing so regularly. Never occurs to anyone that they love em to much to hit them.
 sparticuss
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:23:21 AM
If a man is a gentleMAN then by his actions , he would not give a lady any reason to hit him
=============================
You make the unfortunate mistake of assuming that the only person who has any real influence in a ladys life is her husband.

No mum, no girlfriends, no nothing else.

In fact husbands influence is usually from number five to number ten in the average wife's life.

Crazy women don't need a reason. They just hit.
 sparticuss
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:29:12 AM
A question for everyone. Paticularly Placename who left the lady on the roadside.

If s/he ever hits you is the relationship over????

Quite frankly I think it is. First time every time.
 snow1111
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:38:08 AM
NO it isn't ok

If a woman hits a man she should do so with the thought that it will come right back at me and can I handle it?

I have taught my sons ... that you don't hit women ...BUT.... if one hits you... don't stand there and take it, don't clock her back with a full fist but make sure she doesn't get a second one in

That is the law, it is called self defence and since when was self defence only for women??????

I know I will hear crap for posting this but you know what who cares, I have seen women that abuse men and no one is doing that to my sons.... it is like it is a joke or wussy to report it, it is such a double standard

So women before you swing count on it coming back !!! You want to act like a man then take it like a man !!!!!!!!!!!

ya ya ya I know violence is never good BUT neither is being a punching bag
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:21:40 AM
It's never alright for anyone to hit anyone else.
Violence is just wrong. Especially against someone you supposedly love.
Though, I suppose if you're hitting them, there's definitely no love there. :p

I was in an abusive relationship once.
Both mental and physical.
And I can tell you, that women can be just as cruel and vicious as men.

But no matter the cause, there is never an excuse.
Saying you're drunk, or you've been stressed is BS.
If you hit someone you're with... you're scum.
And no, you don't deserve a second chance. None of that "Oh, I'll never do it again!" garbage... because they will.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?