Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do orgasms get rid of headaches      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leeanne
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do orgasms get rid of headachesPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well since an orgasm would increase blood flow and give ya an adrenaline surge - then indeed you will have some relief from a headache! Any type of exercise that increses blood flow will help a headache!!
 ~Juggernaut~
Msg: 3
Do orgasms get rid of headaches
Posted: 8/5/2007 8:59:08 PM
yeah but only till you go ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay the damn headache is back ,honey we need to go again !!
 Tigress
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/5/2007 9:09:32 PM
It would only work if it was a tension headache. And then, it's possibly just a temporary fix!

It would not work with a Migraine or Sinus headache!
 Calyxa
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/6/2007 2:44:56 PM
I would have to disagree. When I get headaches (and I get a lot of them) that are in the base of my neck and that feel like a knife is being stabbed through my skull repeatedly with each throb (in time with my pulse), sex not only doesn't get rid of the headache but makes it 50 million times worse. Only tried once, will never try again.

For me those types of headaches can only be calmed by very deep, slow biorythmic breathing, sex does not produce this for me at least :P

I have even had sex give me a headache.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2007 3:05:58 PM
Count me in as YES as well. I've never said.. "not tonight" in conjunction with "I have a headache"... more like.. "honey.. I have a headache... let's get busy!!"... hehehe!!

Works well on cramps too, while not totally eliminating them, reduces them greatly.
 SwampHunter
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/7/2007 10:48:39 AM
I actually heard a news story on the radio not too long ago about a study that claimed 70% of all women who had sex with a headache got rid of the headache.
 Spence56
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2007 11:40:38 AM
Orgasms are known to produce an increase over the immediate term of chemical endorphins in the brain. That is enough to make all kinds of things seem a little nicer!! When people are having a lot of difficulties, it’s not all that far fetched to do a little something special whether with your significant other or by yourself that will sometimes turn your whole day around! So if you aren't feeling too well boys n girls! give it a go!!
 *buzz*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 12:48:44 PM
Not only headaches OP, also built up toxins get flushed out.
 squirterforyou
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/8/2007 12:53:03 PM
Orgasms get rid of headaches but don't try it with a migraine... it does not help in any way and I get much more sick.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/8/2007 1:26:22 PM

I spend a lot of money on ibuprofen...Do orgasms really get rid of headaches? I've seen a couple posts by some women here that say they do..So whats with the "not tonite honey I have a headache stuff"?

Yes, actually good sex will cure a headache. So basically unless a woman gets actual migraines, "I have a headache" actually means "I'm not into you" or "I'm just not in the mood".
 chimpy121
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/9/2007 1:49:49 PM
Yep. An orgasm shoots endorphins through your brain. But, while they may decrease the headache, they don't always totally get rid of it. Nor does this work on migraines... or pulled groin muscles... LOL.
 jst_a_mskgn_grl
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/20/2007 6:33:22 PM
Since I'm single - I take Excedrin, much better for headaches than ibuprofen (which is an anti-inflammatory, best for joint pain) .

But someday, when I grow up, I will have lots of sex and orgasms and then toss my excedrin to the next single person.

Kickn1Back™
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/20/2007 10:37:58 PM
Well, I had a good friend that always told me that if ya wanna git rid of a head ache, all ya need to do is sit on a toilet seat and lope the mule and then drink the jism, 9 times out of 10, it works wonders.

KB
 fancynanci
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2007 5:05:21 PM
Yes...sex cures headaches. I have never said "Not tonight dear, I have a headache" and I never will.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/31/2007 7:20:20 PM
I have heard the same thing about sex curing headaches, but I think migraines are in a whole different category. I have a friend that gets migraines, and he told me he can't even move, let alone think about sex!
 nfldsnowball
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/31/2007 8:23:25 PM
I READ IN A MAGAZINE TWO DAYS AGO , THEY DID A STUDY ON IT AND THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF A HEADACHE WAS HAVING SEX
 blondblueyed
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/31/2007 8:39:49 PM

I spend a lot of money on ibuprofen...Do orgasms really get rid of headaches? I've seen a couple posts by some women here that say they do..So whats with the "not tonite honey I have a headache stuff"?

It's just an old tired excuse women use not to be bothered with a mate that doesn't know how to f***. If you are anything remotely close to decent in bed and she likes you she wouldn't be able to get enough. There will be no headaches, back aches, sore ankles, feet, knees (though if done just right they do buckle when you try to walk soon after) or legs (though again done right the top of the thighs quiver a bit) because the endorphins released are the bodies’ natural pain relievers.
 sxyvirgo
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/24/2008 4:35:05 AM
I agree that orgasms help headaches.

But please - let's not bash women who don't want to have sex because they feel like crap! I love sex....and I know it can work to get rid of a headache but when I feel really bad it's still hard to actually get in the mood enough to do something... Think of it this way, guys...if you have a headach that feels like your worst hangover, how much do YOU want to have sex - be honest!
 sxyvirgo
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/24/2008 4:36:44 AM
Joro - so oral is a good treatment for a drippy nose? Only if you're getting, NOT giving!!!!
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 4:40:39 AM
it cures headaches, makes the skin glow, kills the will to remain awake and usually chases the dog to another room.

.......................................................................................................................................
 deerdog1
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/24/2008 6:00:53 AM
they must i have never been told ..."i have a headache "...after sex
 Le_an_ah
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/24/2008 6:41:14 AM
Yes, but only temporarily!
 rustytalent
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 7:32:12 AM
I get really bad migraines, and the orgasm is a double edged sword kinda thing. It can totally get rid of a headache. But, it can also totally trigger a migraine sometimes.
 DDay555
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 8:04:50 AM

So whats with the "not tonite honey I have a headache stuff"?

OP: you actually asked that question??? That's a polite way of saying that they don't want to get sweaty with you that night... Perhaps a quick sniff under the arms is in order?
 rustytalent
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Do orgasms get rid of headaches?
Posted: 1/24/2008 11:27:34 AM
"I've heard that, but it's never happened to me. I can't imagine even thinking about sex during a migraine when I'm sitting on the floor in front of the toilet, not wanting to see or hear anything at all. Nahhh...don't think that'd work for me."

Ya it's actually common headaches I was referring too. I have had someone give me oral while I had a migraine. It actually cured the pain while it was going, but as soon as she was done the pain was right back. But orgasm's can help something like a tension headache I have read.

But ya, I usually can't even see straight when I have a migraine. Any sexual activity is usually the last thing on my mind.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do orgasms get rid of headaches