Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > why does it suck trying to find someone decent in Arkansas?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brewswain
Msg: 4
why does it suck trying to find someone decent in Arkansas?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I think its because of the long distances you would have to drive to meet someone new. Everyone in Stone County knows everyone else and has all their life
 ec8717
Msg: 5
why does it suck trying to find someone decent in Arkansas?
Posted: 10/3/2007 11:27:02 AM
I have met some real jerks. Most of the men think if they take you out to dinner that you will be the dessert afterwards.There are still ladies that enjoy dating. I love to go out and have a good time but that doesn't mean I will hop into bed with anything that moves. Are there any real gentlemen left?
 Hawkdream
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:14:26 PM
The sober, sane, intelligent ones in NE AR seem to all be taken! There are a lot of married ones lookin', some who just want to take a look, and that's it. So far, they're too young, too old, too sick, too silly, too set in their ways or don't leave their neighborhood and want you to come get them....Sometimes I wonder if I oughta move back to Texas...naw, can't make a decent living there, lol!
 Mike72801
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2007 3:13:23 AM
As a man in Arkansas I face the same challenges as misskiss. When I login the closest people to check their email are 75 miles away. Look at the Arkansas forums. Nobody even posts here.
 Cajun71366
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:22:01 AM
well i been a widow now for three years and there are not to many decent guy that live in arkansas i know i meet a few ass hole 2 but i think all the decent ones are married or what someone lol .. i live in the line of louisiana and arkansas and no matter if it arkansas or louisisana all the good one are taking lol.. damn what up with that ...
 dragon slayer 1959
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 5:38:57 PM
i think alot has to do with the small towns you live in around here my town has about 1500 people in it and there are more men than women so the women here seem to be a little picky lol its hard to get to know them and if you dont get out much like me its really hard not alot to do to meet women here either would be nice to go on a date its been awhile there are some good men here just hard to find sometimes im not from here i grew up in fla so when i moved here i told my two daughters to watch out who they fall in love with most of the guys i work with would rather go hunting and fishing on the weekends than spend time with there women lol guess im glad i never hunted or fished just cant see leaving the person you care about most to spend the weekend with your friends hold up fishing and hunting but hey thats just me
 Rickinrogers
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/6/2008 10:06:24 AM
Been there did that Misskiss and your not alone.
 PreemieBabyRN
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/17/2008 3:19:29 AM
glock22shooter, if u were just a few years older, what a philosophy u have, good for you!
 PreemieBabyRN
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/17/2008 3:27:39 AM
I agree w/ morningangel 2 and some others in that, its the people you have talked to, the ones you set your sites on may be the right shape or age or something but not the right person you are actually after. Try not looking at pics and just look at interests and such, maybe you will have better luck.
 sware2
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/26/2008 7:28:50 PM
I live in central Arkansas.. was married to a texan that converted ... lol. It is not the State that is the problem. It is the state of mind.. and that is everywhere. There is alot of hurt and bitterness and distrust in the world right now. We are in the midlife age group .. the 20's we thought love would last forever.. and took the chance to believe...
the 30's we were raising families and building a future.. the 40's the kids are growing up or already grown.. and you look around and say.. who are you? Not that slim perfect person I married.. suddenly you might feel old or wonder if there is more out there... some used to call it the empty nest syndrome.. or the midlife crisis... its reality.. our parents just suffered through and made it last and found it was worth it.. we live in a disposable world.. toss it out and get more.

Sex is a sport to many now.. not intimate. Quick fixes and one nite stands are better than nothing.. at least that way you don't get hurt or taken... yet you still find yourself lonely and wanting something more..

I still believe that maybe by the time I make the old folks home.. there will be some decent men there not wanting to die alone...
 ok72076
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2008 8:34:34 PM
Suzzane, you are totally right about disposable world

One night stands are ok for skinny young people, us old folks need need old term hook ups... from friends with benefits to common law marriages living together. .

But Suzzanne, by the time you get in the nursing home, you might have to take a number. It might be 3 to 6 women for each guy.... a senior citizen's harum haha
 rdb1258
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/28/2008 4:35:15 AM

Sorry but Honesty is really hard to find on here...

How is anyone supposed to know what's honest and what's not simply based on the contents of a profile?
 ok72076
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 6:51:42 PM
very cute.

And, arkansas' rural nature doesn't help for people our age who aren't paired off since they were younger, plus a lack of places in metro areas for us middle agers to meet up without having to endure smoke and $$ clubs.
 FrndlyStrgr
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/26/2008 11:51:02 AM
Love that story, Ladyhawk, and I'm wondering if OP wouldn't find the same problem wherever - It's not Arkansas, it's your own state of mind. I've seen a bit of the world, I may see more, but right now I'm OK with Northwest Arkansas and the people in and around it...and about everyplace else I go, I'm OK with those people, too. Am I just that naive? Should I go LOOKING for the bad?
 Hawkdream
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:54:22 AM
Someone mentioned difficulty determining honesty from a profile and I think that's part of the problem. You have to take time to communicate with that person, and spend a good chunk of face-time with them before you can make that determination.
When I get the bum's rush from a man, red flags go up everywhere, and I expect it's the same way from men. IMHO, anyone who wants "instant" intimacy, or anything else to do with a relationship, is fooling themselves. Intimacy just isn't "instant" and it can't be. It takes time, consistent communication and honesty in that communication. Too many of us humans are looking for some quick "fix" and don't get that we have to fix ourselves before we are going to find someone worth making a long-term committment to.
Christy
 sware2
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/22/2008 5:58:55 PM
I honestly think it is not the location, it is more the age ranges.. do you remember back before the hurt and divorce and games? We all believed in the good in people and believed in love and forever. I have met some really awesome guys but because of a bad relationship, bad marriage, or being hurt real bad, they seem to run from letting someone else get close. I would rather have 100 friends than to settle being miserable with ONE man. You have to be friends first, and if that is all it ever is.. you are still a winner! Try being just a friend instead of worrying too much on a love connection.
 sware2
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:27:04 PM
NoTagline, I too am an Arkie by birth, and love it here! It is a worldwide epidemic Me society and until people get back to thinking of others and not only of themselves it is hard to have a relationship. I think that the only relationships that last are the ones that have givers. A Taker is only happy when getting what THEY want.. and a Giver gets tired of being the only one giving if with a Taker... and heaven help if two Takers get together.. neither is ever happy. You have to think of the other. It has NOTHING to do with being in Arkansas or anywhere else.

You can avoid being hurt and not let yourself get too close to anyone no matter where you live. Doesn't me you are not a decent person... just someone afraid of being hurt.
 danmck1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 3:15:35 PM
Got any ideas on how to get all POF together, I would help in any way possible, The people hosting the dance do a great job. But maybe you have some different ideas
 sware2
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/24/2008 5:23:16 PM
Dan you are fixing to meet some great people. And I look forward to meeting YOU... so see not all people are bad in Arkansas..
 Hawkdream
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2008 3:36:24 PM
The kind of maturity you're looking for usually shows up about 45 or 50ish, capncool1. I suggest you look at the church(es) of your choice, talk to friends and relatives about what you are looking for, and get involved in activities & groups where you are likely to find women (and men) with old-fashioned morals, ethics and character. Occasionally you might find what you're looking for on these singles groups, but you have to take things really slow and "Run, Forrest, RUN" if anybody says they're in love with you before you've spent several weeks, if not months, dating or doing activities together, and talking. Please don't fall for "the bum's rush". You'll regret it every time, I'm afraid.
 Billfishin2
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/31/2008 4:37:37 PM
I am going to take a shot at this ... class has a lot of definitions which are easy ... style, elegance, flair and panache are certainly some of them as well as suave, polished, cultured and debonair. There's more too it though, more than manners, but an outlook or way of life that could be described as sophisticated, gracious, courteous and urbane ... you could also include mature, courteous and polite or decribe a person as refined and gracious, having taste and confidence ... but those are all easy decriptives because a big part of class is an indefineable way of thinking and looking at other people. Class is recognizing that other people are exactly that - other people. Class is seeing the best in people and recognizing that other people have potential. Classy people may have a very small amount of naivety but the majority see life with eyes wide open. Class is not putting other people down because they are male or female, rich or poor, fat or thin, or any of a multitude of differences, class is accepting of people as they are. This doesn't mean that they are attracted to or like everyone but that they are tolerant of the differences. If a person looks for class, they won't find it ... if a person tries to be classy, they won't be ... if a person thinks they are classy they aren't ... what they achieve is pretentiousness ... you find those with class more often in the elderly and but rarely in those younger ... a classy person just is ...
 Billfishin2
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/1/2008 2:43:15 PM
Sorry ... but that question "spoke" to me and I had to throw my two cents in
 sware2
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/14/2008 4:43:28 PM
I think all of you should try some of the POF events.. I have been meeting some really nice people.. and yes.. there are some losers in every crowd.. but making friends is not a bad thing.. and you just never know.. the last party I hosted one couple dropped by that met on POF and just got married.. so just do not give up hope.. but do not fret so much about finding THE ONE..
 pingpongak
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/2/2008 9:45:52 PM
hello everyone well im on the east side of state and most all woman over here just go for someone looks and it suck over here also maybe its something in the water in the state
 pingpongak
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/3/2008 9:12:38 AM
ok i give up someone stop the world from truning and let me off i dont want to ride anymore
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > why does it suck trying to find someone decent in Arkansas?